Homebrew my (old) 3ds powered off when opening twilight menu++

bobmark300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, so I've recently installed twilight menu++ onto my old 3ds and got to the point where the CIA is downloaded onto my home screen but when i try and open the TWiLight Menu++ my ds screen goes black for about 1-2 seconds then powers off. Im not sure what caused this as i did everything the guide said

bobmark300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've already followed the DSi functionality is broken after completing the guide one and it didn't work because i cannot update my game due to not being connected to the wifi, when i go to resolve the issue in the "internet settings" i get the same problem i have with the twilight launcher where my DS powers off

Last edited by bobmark300,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already followed the DSi functionality is broken after completing the guide one and it didn't work, should i be following a different set of instructions on that page?
Try the older method of repairing the DS(i) firmware by reinstalling five (5) legit *.cia TWL system titles followed by system updating.
There's a scenario where TWLFix-CFW doesn't work if your 3DS has fake tickets for any of those five.

See if your TWL_FIRM is actually broken by playing a standalone DSiWare title. (ex: Zelda4Swords or Shantae: Risky's Revenge)

If DSiWare games are working, manually reinstall the latest TWiLight Menu++.

If neither DSiWare games nor TWiLight Menu++ are working, are you by any chance using an EmuNAND setup?

bobmark300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSiWare games are working, and i just recently realised that my system wont update. By the time im at the end of that guide and go to update my system it wont let me as im not connected to the wifi, when i go to resolve the issue in internet settings i have the same problem i do when i try to open twilight menu++ where it just powers off my 3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiWare games are working, and i just recently realised that my system wont update. By the time im at the end of that guide and go to update my system it wont let me as im not connected to the wifi, when i go to resolve the issue in internet settings i have the same problem i do when i try to open twilight menu++ where it just powers off my 3DS
What happens when you try system updating through Recovery Mode?

You might need to repair the 3DS firmware if it's a frakenfirm due to previous updates resulted in system titles have mismatching or outdated versions.

bobmark300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ill try that now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

system update actually does work and i can type in the password to my wifi correctly, tahnsk

Last edited by bobmark300,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqoIMLQTzE