Gaming My New Arcade Cabinet! (Definitely Related To The Wii Haha)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah since its a wii i'm just working with emulators that have been released, handy because you can button map controls on each emulator for best experience.

i'm currently using versions of MAME which dont support all games, i mean, i know its impossible for the wii to run all arcade games due to memory issues, but it'd be nice to eventually get a bit better compatibility.

theres a few games i'm desperate to try out!!

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a dead MvC cabinet here, thinking about gutting it out and replacing the innards with a Wii that autoboots into Retroarch.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, It's just for the novelty of having a Wii-powered cabinet. I've got too many of the things lying around from various pawn shop trips and It'd be cool to see a few of them get repurposed as dedicated arcade machines. Also TvC.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats another reason why i did it really, it was sat around doing nothing for a while, just taken it out of my modified car (which there was a video of on here somewhere too haha) so instead of letting it sit around doing nothing just decided to make use!

I'd recommend it, it's not a difficult project and its fun to do and people are always impressed and asking questions about how you did it, if they were into the wii scene they're realise how simple it really is!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah man its much much cheaper, think it cost somewhere around 400GBP but I never had a flat screen lying around. Or any gc controllers or wood :P could have done it for about 200 I think :)

I originally planned to use multiple consoles (similar to the supergenintari) but thought 'why the hell...' in the end coz Wii Emulates them all haha

1bad966spdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty cool project.. And the wii is fine for old school gaming.. I collect arcade games and mod game systems as well.. And my project would be to make a nice Mario Kart Arcade GP cabinet.. But thinking that using Dolphin and a decent pc might be the best way to go about doing the project the best way.. But again, not having true steering wheel fighting and feedback takes away considerably from the experience.. I have Hydrothunder in my house, along with MK3, Area 51, Ms. Pacman, Raiden and a 60 in 1 cabinet.. I would love to have a MKAGP for sure..And my wii plays them fine with quadforce.. But would love to have the higher res to go along with the machine itself..

1bad966spdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, did all the buttons work as easily as they are suppose to? Running SNES is a great way to get the Final Fight series other than the Arcade version..Side scroller was great on the Snes.. Plus there is somewhat a coverflow version that looks ok I guess.. Still be cool to boot up Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 or 2 and play it that way on it.. F Zero AX is a little trippy feeling with the tracks flipping around.. I would think that most of the work went into the controller mapping and button connections. Still not a bad way to spend a few days and working on a project..Just curious on the feel and accuracy of the thumb button turned into a joystick.. if it feel 100% correct..

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey man sorry for the late reply!

The joystick actually becomes pretty natural after just a little bit of play, its the same as a d-pad but rather than a thumb you use a fist :P

buttons are all also just about getting used to their positions according to the design of the panel you've made. Once you get used to button positions it's so easy to use. The mappings weren't too bad, i didn't have to map as i looked up the correct mappings and wired the buttons accordingly. The problem came when MAME was updated... DAMN! the mappings all changed, so i ended up opening the Input '.CFG' file and editing it how it used to be. Took a while to figure out what was what in that file but got there in the end! :)

In response to your comments about the MKAGP... i have little experience of modding consoles, this was a pretty basic mod overall really. Like you say, it'd be difficult to emulate feedback from the game through a steering wheel peripheral.Might even be impossible, i don't know for sure sorry! haha

Again sorry for the late reply, I've not been on here for a long while now :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...