Help me to fix my nintendo switch!

yarosfarian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys! First of all, sorry for my poor english (im brazilian)

Motivation:
I love eletronic stuffs and i bought a Switch v2 (mariko HAD CPU 10) to unlock (hwfly) and learn a little from eletronic switch stuffs.
My goal here is have fun and learn about this stuffs :D (i dont care if this switch broke or something like that).

Installing modchip:
In first place, i tried to install the modchip (i saw some videos in youtube)... When the first problem occorred
The video dont display picture (the console started, the sound was working).. if you plug in docker, the game run very well (my guess is the video driver os something like that is gone).. well, i fix this later..
I continued trying to install the modchip... when i did a wrong thing. I pulled the modchip with a little solder (i dont saw that) when a capacitor from processor come pulled out together haha
Lets test the console (the console need this capacitor to run?)... i plugged the battery and... nothing... The backlight is up like 2 seconds and go down.. and not have any sound from console

Trying to fix the console:
Ok.. Well.. lets try fix this capacitor first... and next i will resolve the video thing.. and when i finish this two fixes... i will try to install the modchip again.
After two hours, some videos in youtube.. i think i soldered the capacitor in this place.
Lets test the console... i plugged the battery and... WOW, the sound is running! the console is alive!!!

Lets try to fix the video issue! This little punk will be fixed with all your glory!

I saw some videos on youtube of problems similar to mine... switch startup but not picture...
I get my multimeter and lets test some stuffs i dont understand haha

When i testing.. i dont find any strange issue like the videos (this problems are the same but with different origins)...
When i turn on again to test the console in stress (like running a game)... the console dont startup anymore...
Now the console backlight is up like 2s... turn down.. turn up again, 2s backlight... turn down...

And verifying the motherboard... i saw some strange stuffs... and is here my questions and call for help! I have three questions!

Questions:
- How i test the capacitor i soldered back in this place (purple square)? i dont know if the capacitor is working correcly.
- in the red square (in photos) ... is missing something here? its seems to be something here
- in the blue square (in photos) .. has a broken piece... how i test to figure out is working correcly?

Guys, i already appreciate the attention of anyone who stopped to read my quest!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited by yarosfarian,

AhsanMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys! First of all, sorry for my poor english (im brazilian)

Motivation:
I love eletronic stuffs and i bought a Switch v2 (mariko HAD CPU 10) to unlock (hwfly) and learn a little from eletronic switch stuffs.
My goal here is have fun and learn about this stuffs :D (i dont care if this switch broke or something like that).

Installing modchip:
In first place, i tried to install the modchip (i saw some videos in youtube)... When the first problem occorred
The video dont display picture (the console started, the sound was working).. if you plug in docker, the game run very well (my guess is the video driver os something like that is gone).. well, i fix this later..
I continued trying to install the modchip... when i did a wrong thing. I pulled the modchip with a little solder (i dont saw that) when a capacitor from processor come pulled out together haha
Lets test the console (the console need this capacitor to run?)... i plugged the battery and... nothing... The backlight is up like 2 seconds and go down.. and not have any sound from console

Trying to fix the console:
Ok.. Well.. lets try fix this capacitor first... and next i will resolve the video thing.. and when i finish this two fixes... i will try to install the modchip again.
After two hours, some videos in youtube.. i think i soldered the capacitor in this place.
Lets test the console... i plugged the battery and... WOW, the sound is running! the console is alive!!!

Lets try to fix the video issue! This little punk will be fixed with all your glory!

I saw some videos on youtube of problems similar to mine... switch startup but not picture...
I get my multimeter and lets test some stuffs i dont understand haha

When i testing.. i dont find any strange issue like the videos (this problems are the same but with different origins)...
When i turn on again to test the console in stress (like running a game)... the console dont startup anymore...
Now the console backlight is up like 2s... turn down.. turn up again, 2s backlight... turn down...

And verifying the motherboard... i saw some strange stuffs... and is here my questions and call for help! I have three questions!

Questions:
- How i test the capacitor i soldered back in this place (purple square)? i dont know if the capacitor is working correcly.
- in the red square (in photos) ... is missing something here? its seems to be something here
- in the blue square (in photos) .. has a broken piece... how i test to figure out is working correcly?

Guys, i already appreciate the attention of anyone who stopped to read my quest!
I am having the exact same issues as you lol so I know just how you feel, for starters, in order to test if the capacitor you knocked of the apu is still working, put your multimeter into diode/continuity mode And test if you are getting continuity (if it beeps then it means you have continuity). Hope this helps 😅

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end