My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange i didn't get any alerts the past 3 days, but anyway I'm overjoyed by the news. Good work Kinekto, Xuphor, the doctors, the donor (may you rest in peace), the anonymous benefactor (thanks again and again), Everyone here at GBATemp, God, Anyone who shared their prayers for her and OPRAH (lets be honest, this is an oprah moment right here xD) Everyone pat yourself on the back for a job well done. But it's stil not over so don't pat too long.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

loco365

Trophies
XP
That's an amazing thing to hear. When she gets off any support devices, she should take the biggest breath of her life. She truly deserves it, because she's a fighter.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Update: After 12 hours, the length contributed to complications during surgery, Xuphor has successfully received the new set of lungs, and has been moved to ICU. She's stable and awake, but not really aware of what's going on yet. It's estimated that she'll be moved to a regular room anywhere from the next day to the next week, in which time she may or may not be able to contact us even then, due to no wifi. The next 48 hours are the most critical, as it's the window for cell and organ rejection. We can all breathe a sigh of relief, even if it's just for now. :)

THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!

LONG LIVE XUPHOR!!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hell yes :)
I've waited for this news :bow:

Now, what to write in that card.... (very bad with words...)
Signed

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah.. ..crazy ride ...just a question, if someone knows the answer.. ..there's the possibility that the disease that Xuphor has comes back in some point of her live?, or having new lungs is a definitive cure?
CF is genetic, so it is something that will always be present in her body unless gene therapy some day finds an approved way to cure it. On a positive note, there is no way for the new lungs to simply acquire CF, so as long as there are no complications, her lung issues should be resolved. After a quick read up on what the long term affects of CF in the rest of the body are, they aren't nearly as crippling or even remotely as deadly as what occurs in affected lungs, so, for the most part, new lungs are a fairly effective solution to the harsher problems brought on by CF.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is awesome news! now we need to wait just a little more before calling it a victory
hang in there Xuphor!!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So glad to see that they found a donor in time, my thoughts are with Xuphor with hopes that everything now progresses as it should and she makes a recovery .

Keep strong girl!

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come home from work to hear that GBAtemp's most missed member got her final wish, which will no longer be so final! Very nice to hear Xuphor got a hold of CF. You'll be in my thoughts in the coming hours. Best of luck and we hope to see you pull through.

And if I wasn't so broke, I too would send something, but for anyone here reading this, sign this eCard. I'm pretty sure I can get it sent to her via email, I just need to find how, as well as an appropriate date (If I can get her email, that'd be really nice!).

http://groupcard.com/c/zLnwAlJl_-C
signed

by far this is the most heart wrenching(i hope i used that right) thread i've read. i remember not being able to ask her in her KYT session. Xuphor you got my entire support so make a good recovery .

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off to go grab a certain Doctor Who clip for when she makes her triumphant return. Today is a truly great day.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to rain on everyone's parade but...
while the surgery has been a success, there's still a chance that her body might reject it...
Let us hope that in 48 hrs after the surgery, she is still among the living.

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
among the living

Sorry, instantly reminded me of that song, she's always been a metal fan. I was just on her PSN account buying some more Rock Band 3 songs for her and that song, ironically, was one of them.

All signs are good shell be fine so far. So good in fact that I came back home. I'll be going back up there again tomorrow when I get a call she's out of ICU or another emergency call. It'll be nice to actually get some sleep in my bed for a change.
I have very high hopes and feelings that she'll be fine. Just got to wait until she's not in ICU anymore, and then I'll be back up there. They'll call me the minute she'll move out of ICU, night or day. Can't say I know if I'll be awake when they call, but I told them to leave a detailed message in any case if I don't answer it. They'll, as usual, also call if something else really bad happens. That being said, I'll stick around for a little longer, then I'm going to sleep for probably 15 hours :P

TwinRetro
Rydian
Thanks so much to you two for helping me update everyone. I don't know why the hospital cafe blocks GBATemp among many other perfectly fine websites, but I'm just glad they don't block AIM.com's express thing.

Also, Vengenceonu , I wouldn't do that. She's never been a fan of Oprah :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2