Gaming My Mario Kart 8 Review

Velanator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spend 60 dollars on this game... again. And I'm just like " Fuck it! Why not right?" And I was actually amazed at nintendo's effort to make the game better, right off the bat I saw how the gameplay was on the tablet mode was. And it was perfect the 720p screen makes the game look so perfect kinda like the WiiU game pad on steroids. It got even better when I docked the switch because I forgot that it was upscaled to 1080p. It pretty much looks like a true Next Gen game. Overall the gameplay was the same. The only thing I noticed was the road assist thing that keeps you from falling but who needs that right? Gameplay is just fine.
This game is pretty much perfect except for one thing... THE FUCKING ITEM BALANCE.

I've had so many issues with being hit by items. The amount of being hit by a blue shell, red shell is too much.
You can literally make a drinking game out of this I bet you anything if you did that with One 150CC cup, I guarantee you, you or your friends will die of alcohol poisoning. That's how much I get it in the duration of one Grand Prix Cup. It is so fucking frustrating to deal with because of how often you get hit! Especially in 150CC. You get hit by like 3 blue shells per game which is so annoying because it can cost your 1st place, if your looking to get 3 star completion. I remember in one of the tracks I got hit by a red shell, got struck by lightning, another red shell, blue shell, and another redshell. The all happened in a course of a few seconds. The I ended up repeating the cup because of the bull shit items in the game. But once you finish it, you feel like a king! But that's my only complaint. I give it a 9/10

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what about battle mode? Thats also something new!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Velanator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of battle mode that's why I decided not to say anything cuz that's the mode I don't play at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon