Homebrew My homebrew apps and installed games are gone.

ItsAKSmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP!

My situation is kind of weird. I took out my sd card to install twilight menu and when i loaded the roms and put the sd card in all of my homebrew apps and installed games were gone. My homebrew apps are still on the card and I don’t know where the games are stored to know if they are there. I also noticed my gm9 folder is gone. I can still use godmode.

And yes, my ds was powered off when i took out the card and I ejected the card before taking it out of the computer. I never deleted any files/folders either.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My homebrew apps are still on the card and I don’t know where the games are stored to know if they are there. I also noticed my gm9 folder is gone. I can still use godmode.
This is unclear. When you say "my homebrew apps are still on the card", are you referring to the contents of the "3ds" folder, or what? It is also highly unusual that the gm9 folder should disappear but not anything else.

Also, do you still have Face Raiders and other internal apps on your Home screen?

In any case, the solution is the same: copy all the files off your SD card to your PC (I always suggest Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier), quadruple reformat the card, and test it with h2testw.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

ItsAKSmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is unclear. When you say "my homebrew apps are still on the card", are you referring to the contents of the "3ds" folder, or what? It is also highly unusual that the gm9 folder should disappear but not anything else.

Also, do you still have Face Raiders and other internal apps on your Home screen?

In any case, the solution is the same: copy all the files off your SD card to your PC (I always suggest (had to take out link) the card, and test it with h2testw.
Yes, they are still in the 3ds folder. And yes the internal apps are there.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also looking at the video i used to install cfw I'm missing the boot9strap and cias folders
Following videos to install CFW is often not advisable, as many of them are out of date or incomplete. The text guide at 3ds.guide is generally the only way to go.

How did you fix it?
Did you try copying all the files off the card like I suggested above? You will find many threads on this board with similar advice.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How did you fix it?
Taken from TWLMenu++ main thread:

Screenshot_20201109-105325_Opera.jpg

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The usual issue is dust or interference in the SD Card slot, preventing it from reading correctly. If you had any DSi games installed, are they appearing in the Home Menu? If you did have them installed, and they are not appearing in the Home Menu, I'd say it's your 3ds. Installed DSi games should be installed into the internal 3ds memory, not the SD Card.

--But. you didn't mention DSi games in your post, so..

Is your 3DS theme loading? ..if you had one set?

In System Settings, when you click Data Management, do the missing installed games show up? --If you did have DSi games installed, check the DSiWare section in Data Management. Do the installed DSiWare games show up? If not, I'm not really certain about what's happening. It could be both the SD Card and 3ds.

--Are you using a New Nintendo 3DS XL? This is important information. If you are, you should be using the wireless Micro SD Card communication feature to send/receive files from your 3ds Micro SD Card to/from your computer. ..do note that SMBv1.0 needs to be enabled from the Windows Features window for the communication process to succeed.

Unscrewing the back of your New Nintendo 3DS XL and manually removing the Micro SD Card too many times or even just once could botch the whole Micro SD Reader altogether. ..it's weird, I know.

--If it's not a New Nintendo 3DS XL, the problem is likely the SD Card.

And, like fmkid posted, for 64 Gigabyte(GB) SD Cards and higher, you should disable the "Save FAT Table Cache" in the Games/Apps page of the TwilightMenu++ Settings.

Although I'm going to admit, I've used TwilightMenu++ with a 64 Gigabyte Micro SD Card on my Old 2ds (using an SD Adapter) a lot and have never had any problems. This is really surprising to me especially because I've never turned off "Save FAT Table Cache" on it! EVER!

--Momoro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.