Gaming My graphics card is dying on me?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been grounded for the past week and a half, and just started using my netbook again yeesterday. Now, games such as warcraft 3 (DotA) are EXTREMELY choppy. I cant even watch a simple no HD youtube video without some slowdown.
I have a HP Mini 311 with Nvidia ION graphics which are supposed to be very good. I was able to play CoD4 with no slowdown (but obviously with low everything). I havent tried playing CoD yet, but i think it wont go so well sine I cant even play Warcraft 3.

Before I was grounded, I had the same exact problem as this. However I didnt mind it much since it just froze for a sec and I just thought thats how the comp was. I havent tried reinstalling the driver like it says, but Ive checked the available drivers and there are 4 or 5, not just 1 like it says. Can some1 help me?>

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to do that, but first I tried randomly choosing one of the drivers listed in the device manager thing. I think that fixed the slowdown completely
biggrin.gif
though I now got the "hang" just like the other forum. Is there any way to fix that, other than going back to the slowed down driver?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Try updating the drivers?

And do it manually by actually looking for the drivers on Nvidia's site, don't use the device manager.

QUOTE(Arctic @ Mar 6 2010, 04:01 AM) Downgrade the drivers ASAP! The new Nvidia drivers stop your fan from working right, so it's most likely overheating!
... So do your guys comments cancel each other out? who do I listen to

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol