Hacking Wii U shuts down after using Nintendont with SD Card, USB stick doesnt get recognized.

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update: I just tried 2 different SD Cards. No luck either. I also tried using my SD Card reader, with my SD Card in it, as a USB device. Nintendont recognizes the SD Card Reader as a USB but when i turn on MEM Card Emulation the same problem occurs. So my SD Card slot is not faulty i would guess. Is it that i am just really unlucky and got a really bad Wii U?

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally fixed it. Someone one github helped me. Shoutout to carnage702. I had a 0kb file (0kb files are corrupt) in my saves folder. Just deleted that and now it works.

SyrusHedgie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes only when MemCard Emulation is on. Yes I can put files on to my SD Card so I don't think write protection is the problem.
Teconmoon's boot.dol for Nintendont is broken and has a screen render bug that causes black screens when you have a controller plugged in. A few good friends of mine worked to fix this in the Nintendo Homebrew discord, so I would stop using Teconmoon to make injections. Use the better tool which is UWUVCI, that tool has the fixed boot.dol.

Also, the forwarder only runs GameCube games off the SD card, not the usb. That's why you get "FAT device not found".

Edit: If I didn't see your recent comment, I was going to tell you you probably had a corrupted save file. Same thing happened to me when I tried to play Luigi's Mansion.

Last edited by SyrusHedgie,

SyrusHedgie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's said he's got a (not FAT32) hard drive for Wii U games, an SD card and a USB flash drive. I'd like you to provide proof of an HDD with WiiU/Wii/GC games working on the same drive. You don't need to be a Karen you replied to me, but get angry and block all you want that's not a solution for OP.
I think you're a little confused. Even when a GameCube game is an inject, it still needs Nintendont to boot through, which is a Wii/ vWii app(which is why it goes in the apps folder and not wiiu/apps), because gamecube games run in Wii mode. That's what he was trying to tell you.

A Wii U formatted drive can have any type of game on it as long as it's an inject. That includes n64, nes, and game boy games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there,
basically i want to play Gamecube games with Wii U Gamepad support and i am kinda in a desperate state, since i cant get it working. All i want is to play Games with Gamepad Support :(
Here are the things i tried:

I tried TeconMoons and Wii U USB Helpers Injection Tool. Both didnt work. Either the Wii U shut down or i got a black screen. Wii Injections work fine but Gamecube Injections dont work.
Then i tried using a Nintendont Forwader on my Wii U Menu. Also didnt work, i got a black screen.
Then i tried the method from Section 3 from this thread from @MattKimura : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/ ( You basically have Wii U Gamepad support for the vWii Homebrew, so you can go to Nintedont and can control it with the Wii U Gamepad) The homebrew channel works and i can control it with my Gamepad, but here is the problem:

When i start a game, which is located on my SD Card, from Nintendont (normal Nintendont from vWii) it loads up to 9 Kernels and then shuts down. It works the first time when installing Nintendont and after that i cant load up any games which are on my SD Card, the Wii U just shuts down. Loading the exact same game however on my USB Stick, Nintendont works fine and i havent had one crash. Since i dont have a Gamecube Controller i cant play the games normally from my vWii.

So when using the Method from @MattKimura i can go to the vWiis homebrew, open and control Nintedont with my Gamepad, but the problem is when i am in Nintendont using this method, it says "No FAT device found" when selecting USB, my SD Card gets recognized, but when i use the SD Card my Wii U crashes.

Is my SD Card faulty and would this problem maybe be fixed if i buy a new SD Card? As of right now i am using a 64GB Sandisk SD Card formatted to FAT32, with which i never had a problem ever, only now with Nintendont.

Would be extremly thankful if someone could help me out
I know this thread is old but it's important to note that you cannot access USB from Nintendont booted from WIIVC. WiiVC disables normal USB access so ONLY WiiVC titles loaded from a Wii U formatted HDD directly will work. SD access works normally though, as Wii U mode and WiiVC don't touch the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, The Bert and Ernie clip at the end is the best. +1