Gaming Lag in 7 Days to Die with new graphics card?

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was recently given a graphics card from my uncle, an NVidia GeForce GT 440 to be exact. I installed it, installed the drivers from NVidia's website, loaded up 7 Days to Die, and.. Well, it runs great, so long as I'm not facing west. If I'm facing east, I get 40-50 FPS. Facing west, it drops to 3-9 FPS. If I walk east for a while, facing east will only drop my framerate from 35-40 to about 22-25. It didn't have any sort of drop in framerate before putting this card in, and now that it's in, even using my APU's graphics output (which is what I was using before) causes the same issue. It's mind-boggling.

My hardware configuration, if it helps:

my rig.JPG

Last edited by StrayGuitarist,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I was recently given a graphics card from my uncle, an NVidia GeForce GT 440 to be exact. I installed it, installed the drivers from NVidia's website, loaded up 7 Days to Die, and.. Well, it runs great, so long as I'm not facing west. If I'm facing east, I get 40-50 FPS. Facing west, it drops to 3-9 FPS. If I walk east for a while, facing east will only drop my framerate from 35-40 to about 22-25. It didn't have any sort of drop in framerate before putting this card in, and now that it's in, even using my APU's graphics output (which is what I was using before) causes the same issue. It's mind-boggling.

My hardware configuration, if it helps:

View attachment 219025

Honestly,my Thoughts - the Graphiccard is the Point....you maybe should reduce the Resolution.:unsure:

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe lag is cause by resolution is set by 1920 x 1200 because Geforce GT 440 don't able to play many games on 1080p and above.

You have to set resolution to between 1024 x 768 or 720p then games will run more better FPS.

My Geforce GT 630 can't play on 1080p and above. It play most games better on 1024 x 768 resolution and can do 720p sometimes. Always on low setting in any games.

Be careful about Nvidia driver latest like 391.35 maybe can cause problems to some games due to drop in FPS. Try downgrade to old driver maybe it would help your games to run more better FPS.

I stick with old Nvidia driver 296.28 which don't give me any problems to drop FPS.

If old driver don't give any problems then don't fix it. ;)

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe lag is cause by resolution is set by 1920 x 1200 because Geforce GT 440 don't able to play many games on 1080p and above.

You have to set resolution to between 1024 x 768 or 720p then games will run more better FPS.

My Geforce GT 630 can't play on 1080p and above. It play most games better on 1024 x 768 resolution and can do 720p sometimes. Always on low setting in any games.

Be careful about Nvidia driver latest like 391.35 maybe can cause problems to some games due to drop in FPS. Try downgrade to old driver maybe it would help your games to run more better FPS.

I stick with old Nvidia driver 296.28 which don't give me any problems to drop FPS.

If old driver don't give any problems then don't fix it. ;)

I tried in the lowest resolution as well, and it had the same result..

How do you find old drivers? Is there an archive on NVidia's site?

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it problems with new drivers that cause it. Many people report on Nvidia forum that they have problems with new drivers. They have to downgrade to old version around between 296.xx - 34x.xx maybe it would help.

Your Geforce GT 440 have 96 cores. I think maybe not enough cores for most today new games means can't play them due to lag. Geforce GT 440 have 96 cores are near to Geforce 8800 GT / 9800 GT that have 112 cores. That's what old PC games like in around year 2014 or older will able to run fine on it. You have to upgrade video card around between Geforce GTX 650 to GTX 670 will able to play most games and some today new games to date.

My Geforce GT 630 have 196 cores. It do run my legal bought game name are SpellForce 3 and SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest (both are GOG version, not Steam) on most low settings / few medium setting with NoPostFX-Mode patch for removal of all FX-Effects and shaders in the game patch to improve FPS speed to between 24 - 35 FPS from 14 - 25 FPS without NoPostFX-Mode patch.

My GT 630 would not play most today new games due to video card must upgrade to GTX 1060, 1650, 1660 or above. But if very few new game today with low video card range can play fine. We have to check system requirement info on Steam, GOG, etc websites that what kind of game we want to play it.

It would cause problems with my motherboard that don't support UEFI. That new motherboards which have UEFI support in around year 2014 and above to now. Old motherboards on year 2013 and older are legacy, not UEFI compatible means new video card like GTX 1650 and above will not work on it to refuse boot up system. There are two different version are Legacy and UEFI which video card need to be support. :(

I check on Nvidia website for drivers only show up 391.35 to 382.05. :(

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

upload_2020-7-27_6-16-12.png

To find more old driver than 382.05 and above, just use search engine like Google, Startpage, etc will show up there.

I never use new Nvidia driver to upgrade to latest version. That's what I bought HP computer from HP website that installed on it from year 2013. Zero problems for my computer since year 2013 without upgrade or update to latest Nvidia driver.

I would refuse to update new driver it maybe can cause unstable driver on my computer. Because I afraid of new drivers that could give more problems on my computer.

I would just prefer to buy new computer. I have to wait until between year 2022 - 2023 when new first DDR5 RAM and Video card with PCI-E 4.0 support on motherboard then I will move on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: