My friend's girlfriend said him choose gaming or him

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this girl isn't going to let him do something he loves, she's not worth it IMO (this goes for anything not just gaming, friend of mine had to let a girl go because he played an instrument in band she didn't like. It wasn't cool enough for her. I wish I was kidding)

On the flip side of the coin, is he one of those gamers who only stop playing to eat, waste excrete, and occasionally sleep

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gaming. I personally believe romance is not the way to go, especially not if it is built on ultimatums. And the latter part should even apply to those more into romance than myself.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he's spending too much time with games (a subjective conditional, granted), then maybe he's got a problem. If she's just being controlling and doesn't want him to do something that makes him happy, then maybe it's time for them to move on and find a better match.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's girlfriend said him choose gaming or him.Do you have a problem like him.
Tell your friend to get that bitch Bejeweled. Bitches love Bejeweled.

But on a serious note, I've seen this kind of thing often on forums (although I usually chalk it up as trolling). It honestly depends on how much gaming he does, like others have said. Gaming every day is fine. Gaming for 8+ hours every day? That's a bit excessive. If he's not gaming that much, tell him to dump her and find someone who shares his hobbies.

Also, why is this in the DS - Acekard section?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All depends. If he's wasting away his life in front of a hd screen, then she's probably right to force him to decide.
On the other hand, if its just a hobby and he's just playing a few hours every week and its not causing any troubles like missing dates or loosing steady employment or whatever, then she's probably the one with the problem

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I honestly don't think women want you to budge in those situations (they might _think_ they want you to though), she'd secretly despise him if he's weak with little to no willpower. I don't think there is a woman on earth that doesn't work in exactly that way.

Reactions: tronic307

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of how excessively he plays games or not, she's in no position to demand such an ultimatum. If she had said, "listen, I hate how your gaming obsession takes priority over me, and if you don't cool down in that regard, I'm done," then I think it would be reasonable. But to say, "I hate your harmless hobby, give it up for good or I'm gone," is manipulative, controlling, and demanding. In that case, I say she's not worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)