Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah My ewin pack is never detected unless I go to the GBA loader. Even doing that doesnt really detect it. It says "Please insert EWIN SDRAM expansion card! Press A to retry". I have to take out the card and reinsert it to work.

Im pretty sure it isnt the DS because I've tried it with 3 other DS' and they all do the same thing.

Anyone having this problem too and have some sort of solution?

Thanks =)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jester13,

I have an Ewin expansion pack and mine doesn't do that. Perhaps you have a different version of the GBA Loader than I have. Try updating to the newest kernal (v1.08), and also to the newest loader (which is gbaloader_1_6_20071224 I believe).

DjoeNtje, what does this detection actually do? It doesn't seem to make my Opera work properly without first going to the GBA Loader. Anyone know how to make Opera recognize the Ewin without first going to the GBA Loader?

-Bri

scibotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I'm having the same problem, with the DSTT Ewin pack they included.
It simply doesn't work unless you take it out and reinsert it after you've booted.

The DS itself says "There's an option pack inserted" but otherwise with 1.08 it still fails to detect it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's a problem with your expansion cart. Do you have GBA Loader 1.6?

I have the expansion cart that comes with the DSTT and have never had to remove it to get it to work with GBA Loader 1.6.

-Bri

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
DjoeNtje, what does this detection actually do? It doesn't seem to make my Opera work properly without first going to the GBA Loader. Anyone know how to make Opera recognize the Ewin without first going to the GBA Loader?

-Bri

It does nothing
biggrin.gif

atm as far as i figured it out, it just is there to let you know that you have the ewin insrted.

No extra menu option to list gba files, no option to patch ram to use with opera or whatever. :/

scibotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep GBA Loader 1.6, but I have no alternative carts for either slot-1 or slot-2 so I can't help isolate the issue.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean when you say that the DS itself says "There's an option pack inserted" but otherwise with 1.08 it still fails to detect it? Does the DSTT with firmware 1.08 display the Ewin icon after you first boot it up or not? Where do you see that the DS knows that there's an option pack inserted if the DSTT firmware isn't detecting it?

It sounds as though the Ewin is having contact problems, and that sometimes it makes contact and sometimes not. If you don't re-insert the Ewin and turn the DS off and then back on, will it detect it, or do you have to remove the Ewin? Once the Ewin is detected, if you don't remove it but shut off the DS and turn it back on, will it still see it or not?

-Bri

scibotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a contact issue since it works as long as you take it out and reinsert it after it has booted up. (When you reboot it even though it was working just before, it will not detect it)

The original DS firmware when you boot up without the DSTT inserted says "There's an option pack inserted".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night