Hacking My DSTT won't boot up

• Thread starter gizz
  • Start date
  • Views 5,382
  • Replies 6
G

gizz

OP
My DSTT finally arrived today. Unfortunatly I can not get it to work.

[EDIT] Even if the DSTT doesnt have a microSD card in it, it should show some sign that it's working, like the screens turning white or an icon showing or something like that, right? With my DSTT it's just like I dont have a card in my DS at all, _nothing_ happends, must be wrong with the DSTT-card? (I can play original games on my DS Lite, I have no problems booting them) [/EDIT]

I've formated my MicroSD, put the TTMENU.SYS, .DAT and TTMenu-folder in the root and put in a .NDS-file there as well. Tried both 1.17 and 1.16 kernel files.

Card won't load, the DS just start as normal and informes me that "There is no DS Card inserted". I've tried putting a pice of paper between the DSTT to make it connect better (I read this somehwere) but it didnt work either.

I've then followed "Q: How do I set up my DSTT/microSD card?" in the sticky New DSTT FAQ but it didnt help. Card will not simply load. The MicroSD works great in my card readers and my computer reads/writes to it just fine.

Was my DSTT dead on arrival or do someone else have any suggestion how to get it to work?
My MicroSD card is a SanDisk 1Gb. (PS. My micro SD-card has previously been used in an attempt to make a computer boot from USB with BartPE but when formatting the card I figure all that should be gone.)

Thank you.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Yeah, might have been killed by the official firmware. If it was killed by the official firmware you should learn to always use YSMenu on a DSTT or an R4 Clone because its the best solution for those flashcarts IMHO.

G

gizz

OP
I don't think it was killed by firmware. As I can recall, my DS have never booted the card, my DS Lite has always taking me to the main screen where it says "There is no DS Card inserted" irregardless if there has been an properly formated & filled MicroSD-card in the DSTT or not.

I will return this card.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
gizz said:
I don't think it was killed by firmware. As I can recall, my DS have never booted the card, my DS Lite has always taking me to the main screen where it says "There is no DS Card inserted" irregardless if there has been an properly formated & filled MicroSD-card in the DSTT or not.

I will return this card.
Most likely dead or connector pins are still not connecting regardless of the paper. Though it's still probably a dead card. Return it and when you get your new one put YSMenu on it and not the official firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2