Homebrew My disk is full and I want to know what to delete based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I have on the ROOT of my SD card (assume they are file folders unless specificed)

apps
bootmii
codemgr1.1
NeoGammaR8
riivolution
txtcodes
WIISAVES
background (PNG image)
boot.elf (ELF file)
config.dat (DAT file)
gamerconfig (Text Document)
installer (Text Document)
keys.bin (BIN file)
nand.bin (BIN file) is this the same as bootmii2 to backup my NAND or is that same other application and if so what is it?
updater (Application)
wrar393 (Application)

Now here is what is in my apps folder (again assume they are all file folders unless specified):

AtaWii-beta1
bibleQuiz
brawlstats
cheatmanager
Cios_patchmii_installer
Cios_patchmii_installer rev 4
Cios_patchmii_installer rev 5
DOP-Mii
DVDins
DVDinstl34
fceugx
Gecko18
Gecko191
gnuboy
Hermes_cIOS_v5
homebrew_browser
ioscheck
mplayer_ce
NeoGamma
OfficialDocs
pcsx-r
Priiloader_v0_3b
riivolution
save-extractor
savegame-gx
Savegame_Manager
signCheck
snes9xgx
source
stella
updatifier
vbagx
wii64
wiiapple
WiiExplorer
yabause-r2411-wii-beta5
boot.dol (DOL file)
boot.elf (ELF file)
gnuboy-gx (Text Document)
gnuboy_cube.dol (DOL file)
gnuboy_wii.dol (DOL file)
gnuboy-gx (Text Document)
history (Text Document)
icon (PNG image)
IOS15-64-v266.wad (WAD file)
libogc_license (Text Document)
Make (Windows Batch File)
Makerfile (File)
Makerfile.gc (GC file)
Makerfile.wii (Wii file)
meta (XML Document)
README (File)
readme (Text Document)
Read-Me (Text Document)
readme-en (File)
readme-es (File)
rin.pnproj (PNPROJ File)
rin.pnps (PNPS File)
rin-GC-Wii-20081216-WHL (WinRAR Zip archive) I could NOT unzip this to a folder can someone please link it again to me so I can unzip it to a folder? I lost it!
rinwii.dol (DOL File)
rinwiil.elf (ELF File)
TBR_Pack_17 (WinRAR archive) I could not undo this one either. Please send me the link again and I will try and unzip it this time as I have many apps files.
WiiSX-beta1.dol (DOL File)
WiiSX-beta1 (WinRAR archive) Again I could not find this one. I need the link so I can unzip the files to the folder, not my apps.

Does this make sense to anyone? What I am trying to do is to do system checks and patchmii repairs so I can try and get my Wii to read cIOS 249 so I can load brawlstats, savegame manager, and DVDX. It will not load for me right now. I have tried soft-modding my Wii but ended up erasing it all again and re-formatting. Do I have bootmii2 based on what I gave you? I want a nand backup is that what I have? I also have downloaded folders that are un-orgnized as shown above where I want to purchase games from all past systems. Please help me. I have ran out of room on my disk to download more ROMs. I need to clear this crap. Based on what I gave you above, what should I definitely delete that I do not even need and why? Is there a substitution? I know this is a lot of crap but please read it carefully and tell me what I do not need for sure and why. I want to download many apps from Homebrew.

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well first of all I would tell you to copy everything to a folder on your computer and zip it up for a backup before you start deleting anything.

-----

Save these files on the SD the rest is optional

apps - SAVE
bootmii - SAVE
boot.elf (ELF file) - SAVE
WIISAVES - SAVE
keys.bin (BIN file) - SAVE - this is part of your system backup
nand.bin (BIN file) - SAVE - this is your system backup

-----

Now here is what is in my apps folder (again assume they are all file folders unless specified):

-----

Save these files on the SD the rest is optional
Priiloader_v0_3b - SAVE

-----

The easist way to mod the wii so it will play burned games from the disc channel is to use DARKCORP

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218371

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save those files on the root or the apps folder? And I should not even delete one file? Also I tried downloading Mario Party 2 multiple times and the mega manager is stuck in there (2 of them) in the Wii 64 ROMs folder. How do I delete them? It will not let me do it via left click cut or delete. I need to free of space! So how would your SD card (root and apps folder) look like if you were going to soft-mod it or do what I wanted it to do? And HOW in the WORLD do I manually create a backup drive? I can't right click and create a new drive. My local disk is filled with crap. How should I go about doing this? I am very confused as you can tell.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd keep the Homebrew Browser and Dop-Mii and delete everything else in your apps folder. Most of the things you are after can be downloaded using the HBB, and it puts everything in the right place.

Then run Dop-Mii and select "Scan the Wii's internals (SysCheck)" and save the report and post the results here. If you promise to stick to this thread I will then hold your hand through the rest of what my 8 year old brother managed to do after reading some of the guides people are continuously trying to get you to read.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok man. But seriously don't I need to soft-mod it first? Or not? You saw me soft-modding me Wii in Xflat's thread then I had to delete it and then re-format my SD card it and I did it like 5 tmes. Do you think I need to soft-mod my Wii again?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you run that test it will pretty much tell us if you got a cIOS onto the Wii. TBH I think your getting confused so we'll go from here on in as if you've got nothing but the homebrew channel working.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what should I do? How do I run the test? What do I keep and HOW do I create a backup disk via using the mouse to find "new"?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a hammer, and SMASHDUDE!!!
That will erase anything on that SD card!!!
It escapes me how one person can have such an awful FAIL!!! with a Wii.....
Evolution by means of natural selection,
By the definition of fitness, individuals with greater fitness are more likely to contribute offspring to the next generation, while individuals with lesser fitness are more likely to die early or fail to reproduce. As a result, alleles which on average result in greater fitness become more abundant in the next generation, while alleles which generally reduce fitness become rarer. If the selection forces remain the same for many generations, beneficial alleles become more and more abundant, until they dominate the population, while alleles with a lesser fitness disappear.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also what is the DS emulator called so I can download DS games into it? I have been looking it up but haven't found any.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smashdude said:
So what should I do? How do I run the test? What do I keep...

QUOTE(cwstjdenobs @ Apr 21 2010, 04:25 AM) I'd keep the Homebrew Browser and Dop-Mii and delete everything else in your apps folder. Most of the things you are after can be downloaded using the HBB, and it puts everything in the right place.

Then run Dop-Mii and select "Scan the Wii's internals (SysCheck)" and save the report and post the results here.

I'm sorry, but I cant think of any simpler way to put it.

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i dont really know what the problem here is. this threads all over the place.

ps. you have a lot of redundant shit on your sd card....

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes so which of what you call "redundant shit" should I delete? I am totally new to this. Tell me and give me reasons please.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I still cannot download any other Brawl hacks. WHICH of the stuff that I gave you SHOULD I delete for sure? Which is redundant? I have about 234234234523535 other things I need to download.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not been able to successfully soft-mod my Wii and how do I know if I have backed it up on my computer? How do I back it up to my computer? And what else should I delete? I gave you all of my stuff.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would run a free program line treesize or windirstat (google it), they can list all the files/folders on your sd card, ranking them from the ones that take up the most space to the least. This will allow u to zero in on which files are even worth removing (a lot of apps are less than 1MB, so not much point to deleting those to free up space)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
smashdude said:
How do I back it up to my computer?
Wii modding is not for u, u should give up now... I don't say that often... but common, what kind of a question is that?

u would back it up the same way u would backup ANY file... for example, if u have a movie on hard drive 1, and u want to lend the movie to a friend, u would copy the file from hard drive 1 to your friends hard drive... ie. hard drive2.

if u have to ask how to copy and paste files from the sd card to your computer... that is really, REALLY sad

seriously, stop asking for so much goddamn help every day, spend a week trying to figure it out by yourself, if u still can't figure it out, come back and ask all the Qs u like and then we'll be more motivated to help u... at least then we'll know ur not lazy, but just not tech savvy

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is keys.bin the backup for nand.bin? I have both but do not really know what either of them means or which I can delete. Also which emulators are available for download on HBB? I should delete all the GameBoy ones right? And where is the DS emulator? I cannot find it!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, the keys.bin is your wii's keys, and the nand.bin is your wii's nand... and 1=1, 2=2, apple=apple, etc.

search for the apps u want, here are some good place to look

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/

http://wiibrew.org

and of course google

edit: how could u seriously think the keys.bin is a backup of the nand.bin! your keys should be like 1MB, and your nand should be up to 500x that size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a patched ROM
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages