Homebrew My console self-restarted and messed up...

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FW version?
It was on 10.5

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is what I was trying to fix. I was originally on 9.2 and when I installed those CIA files, it made it go to 10.5. So I tried deleting them so I could go back down to 9.2

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Try svchax/memchunkhax2.1 to reinstall your FW. You just messed everything because you uninstalled your system titles.

Next time don't try things you don't understand. It's like if you updated a computer program and uninstalled it to undo the update, instead, you'd wipe the program completely.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try svchax/memchunkhax2.1 to reinstall your FW. You just messed everything because you uninstalled your system titles.

Next time don't try things you don't understand. It's like if you updated a computer program and uninstalled it to undo the update, instead, you'd wipe the program completely.
Is there any tutorial on how to do this?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Didn't he "just" uninstall all the tickets? I think that if he uninstalled all his system titles, the 3DS wouldn't even boot.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was on 10.5

That is what I was trying to fix. I was originally on 9.2 and when I installed those CIA files, it made it go to 10.5. So I tried deleting them so I could go back down to 9.2
When you upgrade to a new firmware version, the old firmware is overwritten. So as far as I can tell, you've basically gone and deleted critical components of your 3DS's OS. It's a wonder that the thing even boots at all. If you really wanted to go back down to 9.2, you should have just gotten a 9.2 firmware pack and used some variant of SysUpdater to downgrade.

Also, this is why you never ever follow video tutorials. Most of them are terrible and ALL of them are outdated. Even ones created today will become outdated tomorrow when new software is released or new updates come out.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,
Reactions: RandomKid150

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you upgrade to a new firmware version, the old firmware is overwritten. So as far as I can tell, you've basically gone and deleted critical components of your 3DS's OS. It's a wonder that the thing even boots at all. If you really wanted to go back down to 9.2, you should have just gotten a 9.2 firmware pack and used some variant of SysUpdater to downgrade.

Also, this is why you never ever follow video tutorials. Most of them are terrible and ALL of them are outdated. Even ones created today will become outdated tomorrow when new software is released or new updates come out.
Oh. Ok. I see..,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can still find some way of booting up the homebrew launcher then the system might be salvageable, but if not then I dunno what else could be done. I don't think there are any games with firmware versions above 10.5 on them so I don't imagine you could try a cart update. I also don't know if you can even get carts to boot in your system's current state.

What do you mean by "flash it"?

I can still boot into Homebrew as usual.
Oh wait, you can still boot into homebrew? Then you might just have a chance at fixing this thing. Follow these steps and see if you can downgrade to 9.2 again:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait, you can still boot into homebrew? Then you might just have a chance at fixing this thing. Follow these steps and see if you can downgrade to 9.2 again:
I'm following this tutorial and I will reply back if I get it working!

Well, hopefully that will work. If it does then you're one lucky dude!
I got sysnand downgraded. Do I just have to reinstall Reinand?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! ReiNand is just a set of files on the SD card. So if you still have those, then you're fine. It might be a good idea to get the newest version of ReiNand though if you haven't updated for a while.

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! ReiNand is just a set of files on the SD card. So if you still have those, then you're fine. It might be a good idea to get the newest version of ReiNand though if you haven't updated for a while.
Well, I tried booting back into it. Same thing.

I backed up my Nintendo 3DS folder, I made dummy dbs files and reset the title settings. But it still freezes. What can I do?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Define "same thing." Do you mean that your emunand is the thing that's all bugged out and not your sysnand? If so then it sounds like we've been making much ado about nothing this whole time. <_<

The easiest way to fix your emunand would be to simply make a new one.

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Define "same thing." Do you mean that your emunand is the thing that's all bugged out and not your sysnand? If so then it sounds like we've been making much ado about nothing this whole time. <_<

The easiest way to fix your emunand would be to simply make a new one.
What I mean by "same thing" is that the Emunand is still messed up. How can I make a new Emunand? Would I have to format the system?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can still find some way of booting up the homebrew launcher then the system might be salvageable, but if not then I dunno what else could be done. I don't think there are any games with firmware versions above 10.5 on them so I don't imagine you could try a cart update. I also don't know if you can even get carts to boot in your system's current state.

I checked 3DSDB, there are no games with 10.6, 10.7 or 11.0 on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1