Gaming My Computer is Fucked/Broken

Isaiah

The Conductor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya guys. I was just messing around in the depths of my computer removing dust on my heatsink. But Igot a little cocky and decided to messwith other stuff like the RAM. Well maybe just the RAM but when I boot the computer back it goes up to where the loading screen for Windows XP shows up(you know the blue bar sliding) then just shuts off. Do you guys kbow how I could fix this? my parents are really pissed.

P.S
I'm using my notebook to write this.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Kuraudo's Sword~ said:
Hiya guys. I was just messing around in the depths of my computer removing dust on my heatsink. But Igot a little cocky and decided to messwith other stuff like the RAM. Well maybe just the RAM but when I boot the computer back it goes up to where the loading screen for Windows XP shows up(you know the blue bar sliding) then just shuts off. Do you guys kbow how I could fix this? my parents are really pissed.

P.S
I'm using my notebook to write this.

when you put the ram in did you put it in the wrong way by accident?

it will have slots/notches in the ram on the edge connector these need to be lined up with raised parts in the slots on the board the ram fits ONLY 1 WAY!

although if FORCED it will fit backwards but not properly if this is the case you may of damaged the ram
frown.gif

if its in the right way make sure its seated correctly and went back into the same slots it was removed from!

How did you remove the dust ?! ....did you by any chance use a vacuum cleaner !? ...If you did this is a HUGE NO NO! As it can cause static at the end of the nozzle where the air passes over it can/may cause damage to the boards chips/processor!

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
yeah it's probably just not seated correctly. in my computer you have to force it in cuz there are locks on the sides that grab onto it.

as long as it has all it's contacts i don't see why it wouldn't run.

p.s. i use vaccum cleaners to clean my pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night