My broken hinge makes me color blind?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Balrogs.Pain, Aug 2, 2008.

Aug 2, 2008
  1. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, my second topic. But uh well heres the thing. My DS Phat, which i would love to keep, has a broken hinge. At first it didnt do much, and i didnt mind it, until it broke completely so i can pretty much flop the top screen around. But whats really bugging me is that when i turn it on, the top screens color changes, From the normal colors to a yellowish color masking the normal color. And if i move the top screen even more, it sometimes turns greenish, or red! And im wondering is there anything i can do to fix this?

2. chiseen

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    Get a new replacement shell at dealextreme.com for example, and replace the defective/damaged part at least. While your at it, check the connections of the ribbon cables for the top screen.

3. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

United States
    okay, thank you very much!

4. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

United States
    Update, i havent gotten a replacement shell yet. but now the top screen is completely white. Is it dead?

Err, i double posted. My bad.

5. onegi

Newcomer onegi Member

Australia
    Your connection for the screen to the DS sounds like it has come loose, or, because of the crack, it could possibly be getting damaged.
    You need to take the shell off, and push the connections back in firmly (but dont press so hard that you are bending anything)

Then get a new shell.

But, if pushing the connections back into place, it is quite probable that you have damaged the connecting wires.

6. superdude

Member superdude GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    or the ribbions just came lose by the screen just push those in