Hacking My broken hinge makes me color blind?

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my second topic. But uh well heres the thing. My DS Phat, which i would love to keep, has a broken hinge. At first it didnt do much, and i didnt mind it, until it broke completely so i can pretty much flop the top screen around. But whats really bugging me is that when i turn it on, the top screens color changes, From the normal colors to a yellowish color masking the normal color. And if i move the top screen even more, it sometimes turns greenish, or red! And im wondering is there anything i can do to fix this?

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a new replacement shell at dealextreme.com for example, and replace the defective/damaged part at least. While your at it, check the connections of the ribbon cables for the top screen.

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
chiseen said:
Get a new replacement shell at dealextreme.com for example, and replace the defective/damaged part at least. While your at it, check the connections of the ribbon cables for the top screen.
okay, thank you very much!

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update, i havent gotten a replacement shell yet. but now the top screen is completely white. Is it dead?

Err, i double posted. My bad.

onegi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Balrogs.Pain said:
Update, i havent gotten a replacement shell yet. but now the top screen is completely white. Is it dead?

Err, i double posted. My bad.

Your connection for the screen to the DS sounds like it has come loose, or, because of the crack, it could possibly be getting damaged.
You need to take the shell off, and push the connections back in firmly (but dont press so hard that you are bending anything)

Then get a new shell.

But, if pushing the connections back into place, it is quite probable that you have damaged the connecting wires.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up