Hardware My 3Ds is broken and I cant even describe my Error.

SorryICantHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello.
Im literally crying. I am completely new to hacking Consoles, CFW and all this. Never done something like this before. First I followed a guide from 3ds dot hacks dot guide and everything was alright. After that I tried to uninstall it again because I dont even know the reason anymore wasnt any bugs or something. Then I just deleted everything on the SDCard and formated the 3Ds instead of googleing for a way to uninstall CFW. I Thought I was intelligent. I tried to install everything again the installation worked but there were some buggy things like folders i had to create where there and the software didnt have to install etc. I didnt care about that and tried to install Freeshop. Worked perfect but the key I used last time didnt work. No Idea why then I tried to uninstall it again but this time with a guide (again from 3ds dot anything) and after I did that I got a blackscreen. I powered my 3ds off and booted it again. Blackscreen. Without SDCard? Blackscreen. In anger I deleted everything off the SDCard again. I dont have anything from my sdcard anymore. Can anybody help me or is this 3Ds broken till his next life? :c
Thanks for reading tho.

Deleted member 383179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Try to put a boot.firm file on the SD card.
Stop trying to delete everything, that rarely helps.
Freeshop is now broken, so odds are that won't work for most games you'd want.

SorryICantHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Picture of what? Im putting the bootfirm on my Sdcard wait a sec.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay didnt work.

SorryICantHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope no music. No sounds in general. Nothing except for the blue light.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2 Days before today it worked. Atleast for my 3ds. Now Idk.

SorryICantHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope that isnt working too and theres still no music. I just found out that I cant even change this little lever at the right side for internet connection. it just stays black no green over there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SorryICantHack

Battery Trick
Remove and reinsert your battery. Remove your SD card from the 3DS and turn it on. Does it still boots up with blank screens and blue light?
  1. Check if HOME Menu boots when first turning it on.
  2. Check if GodMode9 boots by holding (Start) when first turning it on.
  3. Check if Luma3DS Configuration menu boots when holding (Select) when first turning it on.
  4. Check if you can access Recovery Mode.
We'll need to determine if you ever established and copies your custom firmware onto your CTRNAND and what navigational options you have.

If (1) HOME Menu doesn't work but at least one of the other three does: (2) GodMode9, (3) Luma3DS configuration, or (4) Recovery Mode.
5. If you have anything important on your SD card, copy your files and set them aside onto your computer.
6. Reformat your SD card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if your card is bigger than 32 GB.
7. With an empty card, do a Full Write + Verify test using H2testw to ensure it is free of hardware defects.
8. If the card passes inspection, go to my cheat guide post here to create a custom firmware test setup. You'll need 7-Zip or WinRAR.
9. After following cheat guide in that post, check again if HOME Menu, GodMode9, and/or Luma3DS Configuration works now.
If HOME Menu still doesn't boot...
10. Refer to CTRtransfer and report back whether that works or not.
Things you should do in case your 3DS works again.
  • Back your SysNAND image using GodMode9. Save your dump and put it safe somewhere on your computer.
  • Copy your custom firmware onto your internal CTRNAND. You'll know this is working when you can boot into HOME Menu without an SD card.
  • Always backup your game saves using Checkpoint and/or JKSM. Bad things outside your control can happen to your 3DS. Let's not lose important data.
  • Always first refer to the 3ds.hacks.guide, GBAtemp search function, and 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here thread in case you need figure out something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Time to just download more ram