1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Since I'm here, might I add my even easier way of setting up emuMMC? Two words: SX OS. You don't need a license to have SX OS partition your SD card for emuMMC. You also have to use the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate. One thing to note is that this leaves your SD card named as TX NAND but it saved me a lot of time and headache.

2. kassio69

OP kassio69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Did you read the thread's title?
    This is about creating two emuMMC in Hekate, being one of them a clean NAND restoration for online use.
    Not just one emuMMC and not SX OS.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Ah sorry my bad. Although there's no reason to believe the partition made by SX OS isn't clean since its done from RCM.

4. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

Philippines
    What I don't like about staying in RCM for a long period of time (i.e when creating sxos emunand, or creating/restoring backups) is that it messes with the battery calibration. Happened twice for me already.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

5. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    so is it safe to go online from nand on the SD card? i know the guide is suggesting this but i thought the opposite of this.

6. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Im currently doing it, as is OP.
    Time will tell if we see the ban hammer

7. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Why don't you take a little time to READ the topic title and everything I wrote, including photos and videos?
    Then after that, and only after that, you come back and reply.

8. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    read my question and don't make a snap judgment i added "suggesting this but i thought the opposite of this." for your benefit as i saw how u snap at the other topic

I was asking how safe is to go online on nand that's located on the sd card and not the builtin storage

the only thing on the post or video close to answering this is this

"4. Last system tested online: clean emuMMC 9.2.0 x Atmosphere 0.10.5"

9. anonymouslog

anonymouslog Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you very much for your guide.

Using your guide I was able to get two EMUMMC to show up in Hekate. I have a question though as I seem to be attempting to do the same thing you have accomplished.

I have a stock 1.0.0 system and I was able to setup two EMUMMC using a backup of my 1.0.0 system and your guide. But the problem I have now is that I can't launch atmosphere with a 1.0.0 EMUMMC as I believe the problem is atmosphere does not support 1.0.0. How did you accomplish upgrading your EMUMMC while keeping your stock system on 1.0.0?

10. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    That's great!

I was reading the thread you created an hour ago, and I was about to reply when you posted it here.
    It's amazing how people like to say things without even being sure.
    They insist that you need a dongle, that you need SX OS, that you can't go online without incognito or 90dns, etc.

Well, about your question: I recall having some difficulty to start Atmosphere in 1.0.0, but I can't remember how I solved the problem.

I remember trying old versions of Kosmos, but problably latest "pure" Hekate / Atmosphere will do it.

Try this:

- Download latest Hekate / Atmosphere from their github repos
    - Download latest fusee-primary.bin from Atmosphere's github repo and put it on bootloader > payloads
    - Use only these patches: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/2-0-0-10-0-0-ams-0-12-zip.206257/
    - Select your desired emuMMC in Hekate (the dirty one is RAW1 if you followed my guide)
    - Test this simple hekate_ipl.ini configuration:

[config]
    autoboot=0
    autoboot_list=0
    autohosoff=0
    autonogc=0
    backlight=100
    bootwait=0
    updater2p=0
    verification=1

[CFW EMUMMC]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

P.S.
    - You should delete entries in hekate_ipl.ini involving sysnand because you'll only use it for the initial boot
    - You don't need nogc because you'll never boot the real sysnand >1.0.0
    - Use ChoiDujourNX in "applet mode" to update dirty emuMMC's firmware
    - Change the emuMMC's backgrounds so you don't confuse them
    - Don't forget to change the dirty emuMMC's DNS (I use 90dns)
    - I didn't try Atmosphere's "blanking PRODINFO" new option because I think it will prevent online use on the clean emuMMC
    - This patches + this Hekate config lets you use Tinfoil

Last edited by kassio69, May 5, 2020
  11. deejay87

deejay87 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi, have try yesterday the new hekate, you can now have 4 partition :
    directly formatted on the switch
    2x (29go) for emunand - 1 linux - 1 android
    Incredible release ;)

kassio69 likes this.
  12. ben_dover

ben_dover Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada

Hi there. I am a complete noob to the Switch scene. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Switch with 1.0.0 OFW and found your dual emummc solution tutorial. It seemed like a nice solution, the only problem was the Linux part. :lol: I tried to replicate your SD partitioning and Nand flashing steps using only Windows apps and I was successful.

I’d like to share what I did so that it might help others struggling with the Linux steps. You are free to add this info to your original post.

Windows-based tools needed:

1. DiskGenius
    2. Dd for Windows by Chrysocome (I used the ddrelease64.exe version on a Windows 10 64-bit PC)

I started with a brand new micro SD card and partitioned it using Disk Genius.

I followed the “switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows” guide (not sure I can post links yet). The only difference is instead of creating 1 Linux swap partition, I created 2 of exactly the same size. To calculate the size of Partition 1 (FAT32) I did the following: SD total size – 2x 29856 MB = size of Partition 1 (FAT32). I then created the 2 Linux swap partitions at 29856 MB each.

I then tested my SD card with Hekate (5.2.0) to see if the 2 RAW partitions would be available for emummc by using “Create emuMMC” > “SD partition”. Hekate showed that both Part 1 and Part 2 were available.

Now for the Nand flashing part:

1) Copy dd.exe (or ddrelease64.exe) to a folder of your choosing (I put it directly in C:\)
    2) Disable your anti-virus software (it may prevent dd from having write access to the SD card)
    3) Run diskmgmt.msc (Windows Disk Management) and find your SD card. Take note of the Disk # associated to it. This will help you with your dd command.
    4) Right-click on your SD card FAT32 partition and select “Change Drive Letter…”. Remove the driver letter associated to it. This is equivalent to unmounting the drive. (not sure if this is needed to prevent access issues for dd but I did this step)
    5) Open a command prompt window as an administrator and go to the folder where your dd.exe is located
    6) Type the command “dd --list”. This will show all drives and partitions on your computer. Scroll down towards the bottom of the generated list and look for a Device with the Harddisk # you have taken note of earlier in Windows Disk Management. This Device will have 3 partitions: your FAT32 partition and the two RAW partitions. To confirm you are looking at the right Device, the two raw partitions will have the same size. The partition you want to dd to will be Partition3
    7) Type the command to flash your emummc.bin to the RAW partition on your SD card:
    “dd bs=512M if=drive:\folder\emummc.bin of=\\?\Device\Harddisk#\Partition3 --progress”

Here’s an example of the command with actual parameters:
    “dd bs=512M if=c:\Nintendo_Switch_backup\emummc.bin of=\\?\Device\Harddisk3\Partition3 --progress”
    - If you are using ddrelease64.exe replace “dd” in the command by “ddrelease64”

The process will take a few minutes but you will see the progress of the file transfer in the command prompt window

That’s it! Enjoy!

Last edited by ben_dover, May 3, 2020
    kassio69 likes this.
  13. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks, I'll edit the first post later with your detailed explanation about dd for Windows commands.
    The latest version of hekate (5.2.0) made the process easier, as it now apparently recognizes all available free partitions.

Last edited by kassio69, May 5, 2020
  14. Danttebayo

Danttebayo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know how to setup Hekate to have a boot entry for each of the emuNANDs in version 5.2+? From the latest release notes on Hekate's Github page:

Using the emupath key in a boot entry will load the selected emuMMC.
    This can also be forced by using the correct boot cfg storage bit and writing the path at the emummc path offset. Check readme for these.
    The format is: emupath=emuMMC/RAW1, emupath=emuMMC/SD00, etc.

I tried creating multiple boot entries and added the 'emupath' entry but upon booting one of the emuMMCs it errored out saying the SD card wasn't available. Reverting the boot settings resolved the issue.

15. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm also interested on that.
    Tried different emupath configs, and emuMMC actually booted, but always the one specified on emummc.ini

16. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Last edited by snoofly, May 7, 2020
    kassio69 likes this.
  17. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    CTC updated and closed the issue with the solution.
    It’s actually so close to what I was trying by editing the emummc.ini with 2 entries manually.
    Enjoy.

18. Danttebayo

Danttebayo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Aha! Thanks, @snoofly! That’s exactly what I put in my config but I didn’t realize it didn’t work in that version of Hekate.

Thank, @CTCaer as well. I’ve been eagerly anticipating this feature. Now the last amazing thing to look forward to in EmuNAND is when it ends up working without requiring Atmosphere to run.

snoofly likes this.
  19. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Just tested here... working!
    One detail: my clean emuMMC only booted with fusee-secondary (the dirty one was ok with fusee-primary)

snoofly likes this.
  20. ben_dover

ben_dover Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    What are the benefits of booting the emummc's with fusee-primary vs. fusee-secondary?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - including, restoring, Multiple