XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
this has been waaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown. dean is just looking into things and is nowhere near having anything at all remotely usable other than a mm icon showing up in the ps4 menu. he's just exploring.

while it's great he MAY take an interest in doing something on the ps4 and, I for one, truly hope he does, don't believe the hype being spread.

Hilarious how a simple comment of someone expressing an interest gets so blown out of proportion to the point that multiman for the ps4 is on the doorstep. That couldn't be further from the truth. An interest was expressed in possibly doing something on the ps4 and that is all. Sorry to burst the bubble but the bubble shouldn't have even been created.
So what you are saying is to expect a release any day now?

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said it was "overhyped" by "sites" and you said that in two different threads this one and at playstationhax (where my link is the source in the thread). So that is implying that "I" overhyped this (since i wrote it) which is not the case. What Joonie said and you sharing is not an issue with me at all. Joonie is a good dude and info always solid, You saying it was "overhyped i personally take issue with, it was not overhyped by me in my opinion (maybe yours?). Deank shared the details for people, the news is for people.. The news did not provide any additional fuel or hype or suggestions/theories, just simply what the dev had stated. Joonie knows where deank is at but my point is not even Joonie will know how much progress deank will make on a given night. Deank may go dark for a few days and pump one out or this may be many months away. Timelines were never mentioned or talked about. I think its way to early for that, but i think many people are always curious what deank is upto and what the dev is working on and deank announcing he has bought a PS4 and is interested in PS4 homebrew is news by itself without multiMAN, with the pedigree of deank's homebrew and the lack of homebrew support on the PS4 that's huge news. Did you not get excited knowing deank bought a PS4 ;)

jesus man, you really need to chill out. I never said that you personally overhyped anything and I never said that any admin on any site overhyped anything, I said it was being overhyped, yes because as soon as the news hit all the users everywhere started claiming that mm was incoming and everyone was getting waaaaaaaaaaay too excited.

This wasn't a slight at you or anyone else, I was just sharing what I knew and trying to set expectations accordingly so everyone involved wasn't getting bombarded with the "when is the release" "why hasn't it released yet" "where is it" inevitable kerfuffle that would follow an announcement of that stature.

FYI, instead of doing what you did, you know how to contact me through various sources, you could have PM'd me at least a half dozen different ways to discuss this before getting all butthurt when there was no reason to do so.

You can PM me here, playstationhax, maxconsole, I even think I have an account on your forums, psxhax, hell I think I even have you in my skype contacts. There was no need for this BS. If I pissed you off, be a man and talk to me about it.

So far the PS4 scene has been relatively drama free, no need to cause something out of nothing!!

Last edited by rednekcowboy,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Can we please stop fighting and bickering at each other and just agree to disagree...
2. If he gets into the PS4 scene.. IT WILL EXPLODE! I hope that when he does release anything that this catches the attention of other ps3 modders and we get a nice ps4 experience! Maybe even Rogero could come out and help (I can dream)
Im just hoping that we all have to stay offline for a good while so that the ps4 stays alive much much longer.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone speculating on what it cab do. The game loading kechanism could absolutely be ported over. I dont know that this will actually happen very quickly as its not an easy feet but on a kernel exploited ps4 we absolutely have the permissions to do anything multiman on the ps3 could do. We could redirect game reads to an alternate source. We could impliment a full file manager and an ftp server. Why would we need "CFW" for that. Just because root isnt permanent on the ps4 yet doesnt mean we dont have root access and thusly write access to all protected memory and storage.

Reactions: Lumince and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why is everyone speculating on what it cab do. The game loading kechanism could absolutely be ported over. I dont know that this will actually happen very quickly as its not an easy feet but on a kernel exploited ps4 we absolutely have the permissions to do anything multiman on the ps3 could do. We could redirect game reads to an alternate source. We could impliment a full file manager and an ftp server. Why would we need "CFW" for that. Just because root isnt permanent on the ps4 yet doesnt mean we dont have root access and thusly write access to all protected memory and storage.

Similar to what you said:
All I see MM needing to do is alt display of games in "coverflows" for internal and external games, built in apptousb, built in ps4ninja, built ftp and SG DB Back up.

Definitely dont need any CFW for any of that. A swiss army knife of current tools.

Lightningmods is smashing the hombrew pkgs, wonder if he will contribute :)

Last edited by KiiWii,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is true then why do we need to fake sign packages instead of running encrypted isos?

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesus man, you really need to chill out. I never said that you personally overhyped anything and I never said that any admin on any site overhyped anything, I said it was being overhyped, yes because as soon as the news hit all the users everywhere started claiming that mm was incoming and everyone was getting waaaaaaaaaaay too excited.

This wasn't a slight at you or anyone else, I was just sharing what I knew and trying to set expectations accordingly so everyone involved wasn't getting bombarded with the "when is the release" "why hasn't it released yet" "where is it" inevitable kerfuffle that would follow an announcement of that stature.

FYI, instead of doing what you did, you know how to contact me through various sources, you could have PM'd me at least a half dozen different ways to discuss this before getting all butthurt when there was no reason to do so.

You can PM me here, playstationhax, maxconsole, I even think I have an account on your forums, psxhax, hell I think I even have you in my skype contacts. There was no need for this BS. If I pissed you off, be a man and talk to me about it.

So far the PS4 scene has been relatively drama free, no need to cause something out of nothing!!

You said the following and it all points and implies to me because all sources pointed to psx-place / deanks msg.
Dean happened to mention in a chat that he was interested in doing a multiman for the ps4. Joonie jumped in and said he would love to work on the project. THAT IS ALL THAT WAS MENTIONED.

Every forum jumped all over this and made it seem like multiman for the ps4 was incoming and would be released shortly when in reality, no work has been actually done thus far. Nothing more than a "hey I might be interested in working on something" type of comment.

That is all I was saying. You want to be informed, then listen when someone tells you something instead of slagging an entire community because YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!

Sorry to disappoint, but this isn't sour grapes, it's just the plain facts...

That was incorrect "every forum" did not jump all over that, YOU HAD YOUR FACTS WRONG.
-- Sites were reacting to the news of deank's POST on the psx-place forum where he said his aspirations with public. Which means its more progressed then just chatter if deank is sharing screens and aspirations. Obviously its the start...

You have had the details wrong (some details you had correct) how you interpreted some of those facts have been incorrect. I agree this is early in development , however don't agree with the notion sites "overhyped" this because if it was just a "chat" YES i would agree but a DEV's own public post that is miles different.

Now I am done with this subject should of never went this far.

Last edited by STLcardsWS,
Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...