::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
As I'm not sure this one's gonna be localized, I'll just wait some more. If there still are no news of this being released outside Japan by the end of the summer I'll start a full translation project, provided there's interest and translators to help me out.
I'm a little busy studying right now so this will have to wait some more.[/p]

Patch v3.0 (Released 9/7/2010)

Apply the patch using xdelta UI.

-Translated in this version is:
Menu (100%)
Items (100%)
Equipment (98%)
Enemy names (100%)
Spirits (100%)
Skills (100%)
Attacks (100%)
etc.

-Beta testers:
bason230
ramestre
KaelKazaki
phoenixgoddess27

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whoa i need to check the release I wasn't aware of this one ^^

Is the menu the same as the previous one ? (With Tutorial etc etc...?)

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
im learning japanes since some months ago, tell me if this is alright its for the first entry:

?????“??”?????????????????????????????17????????????????????????????????????“??(????)?????”????????????????????????????????????????“??”??????????????

he lived inside the swirling vortex that we know as war since he was a kidat the age of 17 as a martial arts master he conquered the skills known as "Machine God Fist" and "supreme leader fist" those can only be learned by martial art masters"my group formed by"these two names the Limb armor known as"roarer demon" he said.this nonsense way of thinking , just calling anything "Training" and getting attached to it.

if its well done i would like to keep helping.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
StorMyu said:

Partially, some new things were added though.
Crap, I wish I could do something to help, this is a great initiative.
EDIT:The kanji in line 16 before the obvious "recovery" part turned out to mean abnormal/abnormality, ingame this would probably be"status effect recovery." I added it, feel free to delete if it's wrong.
EDIT2: Tranlsated some obvious song names.

joelogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
StorMyu said:

there had been a lot of changes on the menu... most of which is that they made categories for the items. there is also a feature which you have a list of predefined sequence for a characters skill which you can still change.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
joelogs said:
there had been a lot of changes on the menu... most of which is that they made categories for the items. there is also a feature which you have a list of predefined sequence for a characters skill which you can still change.

Oh great, and next question...
Are you sure it's gonna be localized ?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, I was thinking about asking you through PM if you're going to translate this game
smile.gif

I'll check the spreadsheet.
Good luck on this project!

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i hope im helping not ruining it, but i need to know from someone with a better experience if im doing well.

who will give it a check pleaaaaaasee???

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it me or is it when i think of a specific menu translation it always happens ?
most likely luck but i call it odd...
anyways good luck on this translation. hopefully that'll help me to blast through the game
rolleyes.gif

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
mateo245 said:
i hope im helping not ruining it, but i need to know from someone with a better experience if im doing well.

who will give it a check pleaaaaaasee???
If you're not sure about something put it in the comments column and I'll check it out.

joelogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
StorMyu said:
joelogs said:

did i mention that it surely be localized? i think not.

weika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joelogs said:
StorMyu said:
joelogs said:

did i mention that it surely be localized? i think not.

It probably will be localized seeing as this is the sequel and all. The problem is when. I surely don't want to wait a whole year for the localized version
wtf.gif

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Added:

♪鋼鉄の孤狼 = Kotetsu no Beowulf
♪極めて近く、限りなく遠い世界に = So Close, Yet so Far (Atlus translation)

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know, it probably is, it's just been awhile since I've seen the song title because I've always remembered it as Kotetsu no Beowulf, before the title was translated.

It's easier than remembering "Kiwamete chikaku, kagiri naku tooi sekai ni" instead of So Close Yet so Far.

joel00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this game! it may be too much but can you translate the script/storyline as well (and ill help you translate if i can learn from you and DarthNemesis and become youre pupil)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(mateo245 @ Feb 27 2010, 12:18 AM) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2624110
im learning japanes since some months ago, tell me if this is alright its for the first entry:

?????"??"?????????????????????????????17????????????????????????????????????"???????"????????????????????????????????????????"??"??????????????

he lived inside the swirling vortex that we know as war since he was a kidat the age of 17 as a martial arts master he conquered the skills known as "Machine God Fist" and "supreme leader fist" those can only be learned by martial art masters"my group formed by"these two names the Limb armor known as"roarer demon" he said.this nonsense way of thinking , just calling anything "Training" and getting attached to it.

if its well done i would like to keep helping.
Here is how I would translate it:
In the nation of "Namikuni," a land torn by war, there is a warrior who has known strife since he was a child. A martial arts expert who mastered the "Kishin Fist" and "Hakuou Fist" techniques at the young age of 17, he is known by another name, "Gouren no Alady." His arm and leg armor are known as "Kouma." He has an intense personality, and he tends to see everything as an opportunity to forge himself through extreme training.
It's really hard to translate some of the words directly because they aren't even real Japanese words. So it would probably be better to just keep some of the words in their original Japanese pronunciation, or take some liberties with the translation of the words below. I've included their literal meanings, which sound clunky and awkward in English:

?? (Namikuni) - lit. "wave country"
??? (Kishin Ken) - lit. "chance god fist"
??? (Hakuou Ken) - lit. "champion emperor fist"
?? (Gouren) - lit. "tempered" (hardened)
???? (Alady) - No meaning, just a name
?? (Kouma) - lit. "roaring demon"

The best thing to do would be to try to cross-reference with the original Mugen no Frontier and see what they're called in the official English localization. If you don't know, then I would suggest just keeping the Japanese pronunciation transliterated into Roomaji unless there's a dictionary or wiki of some sort that contains all of the words above and their official English meanings. All of the difficult-to-translate Japanese words will almost certainly be proper nouns.

*EDIT*
Fixed my translation a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny