ROM Hack MT Framework .Tex files?

ZombieAli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to crack these and convert them to dds? Nearly every capcom Game on 3DS Uses them. Monster Hunter , Resident Evil and i think even phoenix wright.

It would make modding alot more fun if we could convert them and edit them. Then of course convert them back.

Ive included a few sample files From Resident Evil Revelations if anyone would like them.

Attachments

• Revelations .tex Files.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 198

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use this to extract into a .png https://github.com/xdanieldzd/Scarlet
After extract you need to add a black layer to view the textures correctly.
I think this program can't convert the png back to .tex.

aCdS4vh.png

6qmWNfe.png

kUJ60RV.png

Last edited by matheus abreu,
Reactions: ZombieAli

ZombieAli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to crack these and convert them to dds? Nearly every capcom Game on 3DS Uses them. Monster Hunter , Resident Evil and i think even phoenix wright.

It would make modding alot more fun if we could convert them and edit them. Then of course convert them back.

Ive included a few sample files From Resident Evil Revelations if anyone would like them.
Ah well thank you for Linking me that. Will defenitly be helpful for looking at textures. Not much else though haha. But hey its more then i was expecting to get!

Hopefully someone can make a full on extraction and Repacking. :D

xdaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use this to extract into a .png https://github.com/xdanieldzd/Scarlet
After extract you need to add a black layer to view the textures correctly.
I think this program can't convert the png back to .tex.
Yeah, so far Scarlet can only convert images from ex. Capcom TEX into PNG, not the other way round. It's still planned to eventually support the opposite, and for as many formats as possible (i.e. not just this one, but also Atlus' STEX, PS Vita's GXT, TIDs from ex. Neptunia ReBirth, etc.), but I'm not sure when I'll actually get to this.

Also, support for Capcom's TEX especially is pretty lacking, so you might encounter files that don't convert at all, might end up misaligned, etc. In that case, it would be nice if you could open an issue report on GitHub and post some example files there, so that I can take a look at them.

ZombieAli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW! Thanks so Much guys! That Monster hunter one worked perfectly with Revelations 1! (Sadly not Mercenaries 3D)

I was able to give My Rachael Mod a clean Not dead and Bloody texture!

b8d886f207716642f6dea4fbfe3143ba.png
3745c0f76254a0d3d8258b5cd0fb7a75.png

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, so far Scarlet can only convert images from ex. Capcom TEX into PNG, not the other way round. It's still planned to eventually support the opposite, and for as many formats as possible (i.e. not just this one, but also Atlus' STEX, PS Vita's GXT, TIDs from ex. Neptunia ReBirth, etc.), but I'm not sure when I'll actually get to this.

Also, support for Capcom's TEX especially is pretty lacking, so you might encounter files that don't convert at all, might end up misaligned, etc. In that case, it would be nice if you could open an issue report on GitHub and post some example files there, so that I can take a look at them.
Hi! Sorry about reviving this thread lol

But I just opened an issue on Github as you adviced =)

github com / xdanieldzd/Scarlet/issues/30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1