Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
apart from when its clone competition which leads to devs including brick code
Let's not overdramatize - it was Gateway's decision to include it and it's their bed they have to sleep on now. I don't remember the R4 team going nuts over the fact that everybody on the planet copied their card.

*Snipped for the sake of staying on-topic from now on*

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's not overdramatize - it was Gateway's decision to include it and it's their bed they have to sleep on now. I don't remember the R4 team going nuts over the fact that everybody on the planet copied their NoPass - almost every single DS-Mode flashcart on the market today is, to some extent, an R4 clone and everyone's cool with that.

Not to mention the blue Gateway card included that needs to be used to install the exploit to begin with.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Let's not overdramatize - it was Gateway's decision to include it and it's their bed they have to sleep on now. I don't remember the R4 team going nuts over the fact that everybody on the planet copied their NoPass - almost every single DS-Mode flashcart on the market today is, to some extent, an R4 clone and everyone's cool with that.
yeah im not saying it was right or the only option, but if there wasn't clones i doubt it would of entered their heads

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But they disappeared after half a year and I'm not sure but it could be possible that R4 copied M3.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Speaking of the R4 deluxe, I love how everyone forgot they made the same Christmas release time promise as Gateway (since they were counting on Gateway) and have been silent since (With the exception of them saying they now do their own "work" after the bricking incident started which remains to be seen). If we're passing out blame for delay times and empty promises, then everyone needs a piece of the pie. At least we get updates from Gateway(shitty ones but updates nonetheless), what did the R4 team give us besides Christmas packaging?

-On topic: Has anyone with the Mt-card tested Game compatibility yet? RomAnOCrY

Reactions: osirisjem

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

Lies.... there were slot1 carts BEFORE the R4....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Having your hardware cloned in this line of business is an absolute given - they broke new ground, they struck gold and they should've expected this to happen. I'm sure that they weren't born yesterday and knew exactly how the DS flash cart market looks like - there was no reason for the 3DS flash cart market to follow suit.

We might as well dig even deeper and say that everybody copied Datel or that everybody copied Martin Korth's code. As it stands today, R4 is considered the first DS-Mode flash kit with backup launching capabilities and NoPass built-in. ;)

well i just think gateway got pissed with the fact that the clones had done no work at all, the DS scene was a bit more open and simplistic in its methods, the 3ds no doubt took months of work, and gateway wanted to make sure it was worth it, if clones would of popped up say a year after release i think gateway would of been more than happy to leave them to it, but a couple of months with direct copies of the FW a few days after gateway probs cause brickrage for the devs who had spent months developing it

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-On topic: Has anyone with the Mt-card tested Game compatibility yet? RomAnOCrY
I really would love to do that, but I can't download the file yet. Could you please send me the full name of the archive (I hope that I don't need more).

Sorry for the double post, but I can confirm that A Link between worlds works fine with the MT-Card. Anyone else wants me to test anything (he can't himself)?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multirom is done on the hardware level rather then the software

it has menu for selecting roms tooo, its not just hardware based, there was review posted on here not long ago that showed you can use an onscreen menu instead of the button

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, so while I was playing my japanese 3ds game on my 3ds, it suddenly froze and my 3ds forced me back to the home screen and told me an error had occurred. It then told me that my 3ds had to restart. Seems kinda wierd cause this has never happened before. Hope this isn't a problem that will affect other users as well cause I just lost about 1 hour's worth of gameplay :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, keep this thread ontopic.
The DS flashcart, nopass, or who did it first is not the subject here.

Could someone confirm if their Launcher.dat v1.1 works fine without updating the hardware to v1.1?

If possible, report any features you notice which they didn't list in their changelog. (SDK5+ game working now?, Cartridge update partition spoofing, online ROM, etc.)
Thanks

Reactions: Foxi4

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Could someone confirm if their Launcher.dat v1.1 works fine without updating the hardware to v1.1?

If possible, report any features you notice which they didn't list in their changelog. (SDK5+ game working now?, etc.)
Thanks
I don't have an MT-card, but I can confirm that you can do everything else, including setting up an Emunand (or using one that was created using the Gateway launcher) and playing retail games(including those from other regions). I assume you would need to update the MT-card if you want to use launcher.dat V1.1, but I'll let another user confirm that :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If possible, report any features you notice which they didn't list in their changelog. (SDK5+ game working now?, etc.)
Thanks
My apologies, I stand corrected and I won't drag the topic on - I snipped the respective posts. ;)

I too am interested what the hardware update brings to the table in addition to the software one - perhaps it contains something to combat Gateway's internal checks.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

If possible, report any features you notice which they didn't list in their changelog. (SDK5+ game working now?, Cartridge update partition spoofing, etc.)
Thanks
I already updated my card so I can't test that any more, sorry. But I'm currently working on updating the tables concerning MT in the wiki.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was currently updating it, but if you do then I won't submit :)
put "Unk" for unknown features in the table. We will update when someone report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.