Hacking MT card Hardware Ver1.1 & Software V1.1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
You tell me for what reason? I must be missing something?

It offers almost everything gateway offers plus multirom. I think you are missing the multirom part. Oh and also their new firmware might not brick people's consoles. If it doesn't brick, that's a big plus considering the market leading flashcard's bricking fiasco.

Reactions: f0rCe

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It offers almost everything gateway offers plus multirom. I think you are missing the multirom part. Oh and also their new firmware might not brick people's consoles. If it doesn't brick, that's a big plus considering the market leading flashcard's bricking fiasco.
MT-Card exists solely because of that leading flashcart, y'know. They're not exactly breaking new ground here.
what does "1.2 Confine the time slot of the key" mean?
They probably mean avoding the timestamp check the Gateway beta firmware performed. Unfortunately, this is just one of the many checks it performed, so it's not saying much.

Reactions: Vengenceonu

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't see Multirom on there?

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Your precious MT-Card exists solely because of that leading flashcart, y'know. They're not exactly breaking new ground here.

Why do you think MT-Card is my precious? I own a gateway and i'm happy with that. And yeah they basically stole from gw but you can't deny they are adding their own work, not like r4i deluxe/3ds link/orange 3ds etc. They might not be breaking a new ground but you must be blind to see what most of their potential customers want, which they seems like bringing.

I don't see Multirom on there?

Because it's not a new feature, MT-Card had multirom from the release.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why do you think MT-Card is my precious? I own a gateway and i'm happy with that. And yeah they basically stole from gw but you can't deny they are adding their own work, not like r4i deluxe/3ds link/orange 3ds etc. They might not be breaking a new ground but you should be blind to see what most of their potential customers want, which they seems like bringing.
*Snip! Turns out MT-Card implemented FAT32 and drag & drop, which is actually quite impressive*

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm did something change? I'm pretty sure when you launch the MT-card exploit you choose the rom you want to start with. It's not just press the button to cycle through every rom you have.

And why is this turning into a flame war? Oh nevermind I forgot what forum I'm on.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, if you call swapping backgrounds and icons work, yeah. :P I do have to admire the button feature though - it was a very simple solution to a very difficult problem. I bet all it does is simply jumping between addresses. :P

Kinda limited though. For anyone who has games on a 32gb + card, it's gonna be a hassle to switch between games going 1x1 in linear fashion. "Oh you accidentally missed the game you wanted to play? Start over" Gateway's multirom is not only more visually appealing but practical in nature. Only the usb update-ability has me envious as a gateway user.

Umm did something change? I'm pretty sure when you launch the MT-card exploit you choose the rom you want to start with. It's not just press the button to cycle through every rom you have.

We're talking about from the home screen, not when initially picking your game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

And why is this turning into a flame war? Oh nevermind I forgot what forum I'm on.
I don't see a flamewar brewing, just actual concerns that this might be based off of a firmware that can make your 3DS implode.

Kinda limited though. For anyone who has games on a 32gb + card, it's gonna be a hassle to switch between games going 1x1 in linear fashion. "Oh you accidentally missed the game you wanted to play? Start over" Gateway's multirom is not only more visually appealing but practical in nature. Only the usb update-ability has me envious as a gateway user.
Gateway doesn't need USB-based updatability because it can be updated from the level of firmware - there's literally no reason for it to have a USB port.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, if you call swapping backgrounds and icons work, yeah. :P I do have to admire the button feature though - it was a very simple solution to a very difficult problem. I bet all it does is simply jumping between addresses. :P

I can't remember well but i think i saw they also have software option for multirom along with hardware button thingy. Even though, if it looks stupid but it works it ain't stupid. :P

Reactions: Foxi4

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you think MT-Card is my precious? I own a gateway and i'm happy with that. And yeah they basically stole from gw but you can't deny they are adding their own work, not like r4i deluxe/3ds link/orange 3ds etc. They might not be breaking a new ground but you must be blind to see what most of their potential customers want, which they seems like bringing.

Because it's not a new feature, MT-Card had multirom from the release.

I dont really know anything about the MT-Card tbh, have you got one and is it good?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't remember well but i think i saw they also have software option for multirom along with hardware button thingy. Even though, if it looks stupid but it works it ain't stupid. :P
Oh, by no means - the feature is very convenient.

*Snip! - MT-Card *does* support FAT32 and MultiROM, I thought it only did MultiROM using the button - my bad. :P*

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well at least there is no diagnostics test :rofl2:
But i will agree even if its simple editing by editing the GW to MT, its better than the clones managed so far, just have to wait to see if anyone bricks, i will give it a few tries, but we will just have to see, but i have only seen 3 people say they have a MT card and 2 of them where reviewer copies :ha:

Reactions: tomiga and Foxi4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0