Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
screenshot_243298_thumb300.jpg

Microsoft has claimed that its 2011 will "ultimately be all about Kinect" - as the device spearheads a "brilliant" line-up on 360.

MS's director of Xbox and Entertainment for the UK, Stephen McGill, was asked what the secret to Xbox's success so far had been in the latest issue of Xbox World 360.

As you may expect, he said it mainly came down to "incredible games", but added: "It's also about great entertainment and that's another key factor for us. We were the first company - and the best company, I think - to offer regular updates to our service so you don't have to keep on buying new bits of hardware.

"Every few months we've been doing new services such as introducing movies and music so we continue to evolve."

Discussing next year's prospects, McGill added: "As for the future, we've got a brilliant line-up for 2011 but it's ultimately all about Kinect. Kinect is going to blow people's minds. They're [already] buying it, but we've got a line-up of Kinect games that will blow people away."[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

I think they should make a (cheap) motionsensorless splitted controller so you can still use buttons in the non-casuals AND still move.. But they don't have to forget the hardcore root fanbase..

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
Hmm how many think the 2011 will be the year of the 3DS?
When the line-up games will be worked out well, all the other consoles and handhelds have a tough call..

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Microsoft have no idea what they are doing, they've had no experience in making a casual system before, and they've recklessly abandoned a large core base that will happily jump ship to the PS3.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Goddamit! Now all the systems are attracting the casual gamers!

Who will save us from the invasion of stupid motion accessories?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Jax said:

And there's something wrong with them trying to make money? They are a company. Their goal is to make money.

You forget that casual gamers constitute the majority of people that play games.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Jax said:

And there's something wrong with them trying to make money? They are a company. Their goal is to make money.

You forget that casual gamers constitute the majority of people that play games.
No, that's a business.
Some people take on jobs because that's what they want to contribute to the world, not JUST for the money.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Microsoft have no idea what they are doing, they've had no experience in making a casual system before, and they've recklessly abandoned a large core base that will happily jump ship to the PS3.

Yeah so they can play with the Move
rolleyes.gif

I love fanboys. They're just too easy.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Putting the emphasis on Kinect won't help Microsoft in any way once the 3DS hits worldwide. Nobody will likely give a crap about the Kinect, so unless Microsoft has something impressive for the Kinect between now and March, I doubt 2011 will be a successful software year in the Xbox 360 department.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Putting the emphasis on Kinect won't help Microsoft in any way once the 3DS hits worldwide. Nobody will likely give a crap about the Kinect, so unless Microsoft has something impressive for the Kinect between now and March, I doubt 2011 will be a successful software year in the Xbox 360 department.

That's technically wrong. Kinect'll be popular. Just not for the 360~
rofl.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knex-construction-case.jpg

I remember when the only thing even partially relating to the term "kinect" was a good, fun idea.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:

Irrelevant.

Anyways, I wouldn't say this is ALL about Kinect. Maybe Microsoft Game Studios will be behind it all, but not every game will be Kinect.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ShadowSoldier said:
DigitalDeviant said:

Irrelevant.

Anyways, I wouldn't say this is ALL about Kinect. Maybe Microsoft Game Studios will be behind it all, but not every game will be Kinect.
If Microsoft was stupid enough to make all releases of 2011 Kinect only, the Xbox 360's lifetime will be snapped short. That, and Gears of War 3 will have to be played with Kinect.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
If Microsoft was stupid enough to make all releases of 2011 Kinect only, the Xbox 360's lifetime will be snapped short. That, and Gears of War 3 will have to be played with Kinect.
I'd laugh at the kids who shout on XBL.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
chaz tht looks pretty amazing... we didnt get such great contraptions here actually, just simple broken down lego parts
kinect will not fail (in the least not badly) but it wont reach the heights of other motion accessories unless great games come out but as i saw on a famous gadget show when they were trying out the kinect, beta yes but still lags and isnt accurate enough
but its fun for many gamers esp kids and adults... the middle age (teens or gamers) will find it boring (like i found the wii after a while)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission