Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
shinkukage09 said:
Bladexdsl said:
Wintrale said:
Meh. Sony did the wrong thing with the Move the fact is that they're trying to cash in on Nintendo's success but they'll fail because it's too late. The Move is simply a Wiimote on a console that has only shooting games available to play. Sony are making sure "shooters" are getting Move support,
fixed for YA!
moogle.gif

...Are you on crack? The 360 is the one known for FPS, not the PS3. I know FAR more games that aren't FPS on the PS3 then the 360. So no, not really fixed at all.

Although the PS3 actually has more FPS games. If look at exclusives, the Xbox 360 has Halo. The PS3 has Resistance and Killzone. Both have CoD, BFBC, etc.

I always thought the PC was "the FPS console".
360 is the "shooter" console because shooters are what most of the demography plays. PS3 has more shooters, but theres a greatly larger variety of games overall.

PC is easily THE fps console, but this website is pretty much Xbox/Nintendo republic 2.0 and hate PC.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Honestly, now. I'm not even a Microsoft fan, and even I think that comparing the Eyetoy to Kinect is a really silly statement. Simply Googling the two devices will present more than enough information to show that the two devices are hardly related. By saying "You can say that, but it doesn't mean it's true", you might as well be saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
I fail to see what I said is even remotely similar to "I know you are but what am I"
I was asking him to back up his statements, which is generally what your supposed to do if you put forward an argument.

QUOTEThe Eyetoy is, quite literally, simply a webcam, rebranded and made all fancy on the outside to match the aesthetics of the PS2. Since it is only capable of "seeing" a player using regular ol' 2D video, there's not much it can do besides track motion, and primitively at that. This is precisely why most Eyetoy games are mainly comprised of simple, very remedial concepts, such as hitting onscreen objects or doing very simplistic motions in order to do make something happen onscreen. These concepts really only require being able to sense simple motion, and it's all that the Eyetoy is really capable of. It's all novelty, and it wasn't intended to be much more than that.

Kinect, while sharing some traits with Sony's last-gen camera peripheral, is a vastly different device, in that it is able to physically sense the player, and is not limited to simply flat video. Using the many infrared structured lights, it can track the player in 3D space, sensing shape, depth, and features. The concept actually sort of reminds me of that neat pinhead sculpture toy thingamajig, only far more advanced and less obtrusive, obviously. That, coupled with the camera-based capabilities displayed in the Eyetoy (slightly modified, of course), makes for a very interesting and far more capable gaming device. Microsoft seems to have great plans for Kinect, and isn't touting it as only simple novelty. The first round of products really don't show the true potential of Microsoft's peripheral. There's a lot of potential in Kinect, and hopefully now that developers are spending more time with the device, we'll be able to see some of it come to form in 2011.
Eye Toy was made to track the players movement without the use of a controller, what does kinect do? Track the players movement without a controller. Obviously kinect is way more advanced then Eye Toy but the concept is the same. To give the player control through motion rather than a controller.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Eye Toy was made to track the players movement without the use of a controller, what does kinect do? Track the players movement without a controller. Obviously kinect is way more advanced then Eye Toy but the concept is the same. To give the player control through motion rather than a controller.

You original statement implies there is a similarity in the tech of the Kinect and the Eye Toy. That's where you were proven wrong.

And if your argument is that MS somehow "copied" the Eye Toy, well, Eye Toy is simply the same concept as Sega's Dream Eye, which was nothing more than a web cam that was also going to be used for simple, Eye Toy style games. Even the GameBoy Camera had a juggling game that allowed users to put themselves into the game. There were other plans for that tech that were ruined because of the Columbine High School tragedy. (Like photographing your face and putting it on a character in Perfect Dark.)

Anyway, its still pretty obvious you've never actually used either device. I actually own both versions of the original Eye Toy plus every game except for 1. I also own Kinect, Move and the Wii. You might even find a Xavix in my attic. (google it.) If you live in my area be sure to stop on by.
nayps3.gif
yaywii.gif

And before anyone brings up the Six Axis, motion controllers were around in the SNES era.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
You original statement implies there is a similarity in the tech of the Kinect and the Eye Toy. That's where you were proven wrong.
I actually said the exact opposite. The tech was very different, but the concept was the same. Go read back on what I said.

QUOTEAnd if your argument is that MS somehow "copied" the Eye Toy, well, Eye Toy is simply the same concept as Sega's Dream Eye, which was nothing more than a web cam that was also going to be used for simple, Eye Toy style games. Even the GameBoy Camera had a juggling game that allowed users to put themselves into the game. There were other plans for that tech that were ruined because of the Columbine High School tragedy. (Like photographing your face and putting it on a character in Perfect Dark.)
I also never said Microsoft copied the eye toy, I only said the concept was the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up