Homebrew Mr. Sitwell in Turbo WC Magical Adventure (Wii Entry)

Garrote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Name : Mr. Sitwell in Turbo WC Magical Adventure

Author : Gabriel Garrote

Origin : Spain

presen1.png

Short description : Mr. Sitwell was your everyday middle-aged office-working guy, he had an uneventful and kinda boring life, until the day he discovered his toilet was enchanted...

How to play:

Move by pointing to the screen, shot with A button and use bombs (once adquired) with B button. There is also an unlockable aiming function performed twisting the wiimote.

-Upgrading: Between stages you can upgrade Mr. Sitwell, upgrade points are awarded at the end of each stage depending on how many of the enemies you destroyed:

Below 50%: No points awarded.
Above 50% and below 80%: 1 Upgrade point.
80% and above: 2 Upgrade points.

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?9p2zh3n6qxddx10

Update- Version 1.2: (Although I forgot to update the meta.xml and it still shows "1.0" as the version, so you'll have to believe me xD)

-Much better looking title and menu screen.
-Improved intro.
-Mr. Sitwell has voice now.
-Improved visibility of enemy bullets.
-Live 0 now counts as a live, as opposed to before, when 0 lives meant game over.
-Toned down a bit the excesive wii mote rumble on third boss battle.
-Hit points of some enemies tweaked.
-A lot of minor bug/glitch fixes.

(I wish i had time to add some new stages, though)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?th42aly23jqqavr

And a Pc versión if anybody wants to try it (It could be easier to play with mouse for most people)

Pc versión: http://www.mediafire.com/?wco9pk22chggyyk (EDIT: Bad link, use this one instead)

Note: on the Pc versión, the "twist the wiimote" function is emulated by W and S keys. Enter key for pause.

Gameplay tip: The collision zone of Mr. Sitwell actually its just his head, so you can dogde bullets even if they touch Sitwell's body. Knowing this is pretty useful when surrounded by enemy fire.

Garrote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
I never beat the first boss ;__;

Wow, I thought the first one was pretty easy so I granted him a shot attack and more hit points in the 1.2 version
biggrin.gif

When he extends his arms and begins to shake, keep moving away (in any case, just dont stay still) and he should miss you
wink.gif

It also helps (in general trough the game, not just that boss) to keep calm and move smoothly, so you avoid accidentaly pointing out of the screen...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's just that I tried only 2 times
ph34r.gif

Though, when I see he is shaking, sometime when I moved the wiimote to escape I get locked in the TV borders.
Maybe I point out of screen.

I don't know how the wiimote pointing is working, is there a safe area around the TV?
Like if the TV border is the maximum wiimote area, maybe you could reduce the wiimote area to allow a little "pointing out of screen" to keep moving the sprite and not freeze it right when it reach 0 ("if (x < 0) x == 0" to not make it disappear partially from the screen but still continue to move Y)
I'm not explaining clearly what I want to say, sorry
frown.gif

I didn't try v1.2 yet.
I'll tell you how I find it and I'll be sure to beat the boss
tongue.gif

Garrote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I understand what you are saying, I'll try to fix it (But since the deadline is over I'll take a break before working on that xD)

Thanks for the feedback!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: