MpThree Playah

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sailor, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Which Mp3 Player is Better

1. Creative Zen 4gb [see OP]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Screw that, Meizu Mini 4gb FTW! [see 4th post]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 22, 2008

MpThree Playah by Sailor at 9:22 PM (2,065 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. Sailor
    OP

Member Sailor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alrighty, so I'm finally getting a Mp3 player! It's gonna be an early bday gift, since mine is on Feb. 10th..but buy.com has a deal going on the one I want for a $20 mail in rebate, and it ends Feb. 3rd. My dad promised me one if I did good in school, and I got all A's + B's this Marking Period [​IMG]

SO...this is my first one, and decided to get it because I'm listening to music more often now. I got into rock music through friends and GH...and yea! Anyway, the one I'm looking at is either this 4gb one or this 8gb one.

Erm, I honestly have no idea that big is in relation to music/videos. I have about 300 songs, and I honestly don't think I'm gonna listen to more than 500 at a time..but I'm also planning to get a couple of my favorite anime episodes, and that's it. Mainly music though....it's a $30 difference between both, not much I guess, but if I don't need the extra space then why bother? Also I have a 2gb SD card, and it supports that expandable memory.

Hmm..oh, and the Mp3 player I chose, people said Creative is a good company, so I guess I'm gonna go with them. People also said though that the screen scratches, so I have a spare cell phone case that I'm gonna use...it almost fits, a little roomy; but the cell phone case closes with a magnet.

Pic:

[​IMG]

I was just wondering if the magnet would harm it..since I've read somewhere that magnets aren't electronics' friends, but I really dunno. Uhm, yea..I guess that's it.
    help? [​IMG]

2. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    first off, congrats on supporting Creative (ZVW owner here [​IMG])

I have that same cell phone holster and I cant say for sure an answer, but think about this. Creative Zen is flash based player right? (my vision W is HD based, but yeah...) and cell phones (and the mSD cards) are flash based as well (someone can correct me if i'm off base here). All I can say is that my phone has not had any problems but I DO reccomend looking for a more... attractive case for that beautiful player you have.

and you should definately check out epizenter.net for a Creative fansite. I think the site is just over a year old? I cant remember, but its a great place for Creative owners [​IMG]

3. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Yep, yep..I hate iPod, I don't wanna get them just because everyone has them. So I'm gonna be a rebel [​IMG] And iPods' interface is pretty ugly, too. Also this one is cheaper, plus bigger screen. Definite plus.

I see where you're going, and that's probably right [​IMG] And I'll TRY to look for a better case, I don't want an official one, since it's like $25..1/4 of what the player costs o.O"
    Silicone cases are near there, like $20..but they don't protect the screen. And I don't want sticky screen protectors, so a cheap case is all I got, I guess. Also thanks for that site, I'll head on over there in a bit.

Oh, and I'm thinking of ordering headphones from DX, since they have good cheap stuff. Also I think all headphones that come standard with players are pretty mediocre [correct me if I'm wrong], but what's Hi-Fi headphones mean? I'm trying to get InEar Headphones, since the others always fall out :'[

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
  5. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Omgosh, I'm not gonna lie..that doesn't look bad at all. I'll comment on it in a bit, after I've done some research.
    Do you own it/got anything good to say about it? Like, does it have FM..how's the touch scrolling thing, if it breaks..how would I get support?

Darn..it really does look good >_>"
    Now a decision is put in front of me [​IMG] I hate decisions...

6. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

It'd probably be best to get a decent branded one - if you can afford

7. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Headphones? It's not a matter of affording, I have money lol..I just don't see the point in wasting money on headphones >.<

EDIT: Agh, added a poll...

8. fischju

United States
  9. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Get the Zen. It has an SD slot, which is the reason I'm going to buy one when I get the money.

10. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Well you want good sound quality, good bass, decent noise isolation, won't break very easily, good support etc, rather than some from dealextreme which probably do not

Unless you aren't picky about the quality of your music coming out of your earphones.

11. Sailor
    OP

United States
    I guess you're right. I'm considering the ones that offtopic posted before you, those look nice. Guess it is worth it to have expensive headphones [you pay for what you get?].

12. fischju

United States
    If you want a good video player, the Archos 605 leads the market right now. 800x480 screen. But the 4GB version (with SDHC slot) costs $200.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-11399_7-312-101.html

The Creative headphones are amazing. I have a pair, they are worth twice the price.

13. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Oh, I don't want a video player..just a simple Mp3 player with a good screen. Only gonna watch a few episodes, but that $200 is very tempting.

Also thanks on the headphones, most likely gonna get them..but you never said WHY you stood for Meizu, or answered my questions..or went against the claims I made last post [​IMG]

14. fischju

United States
    Well, they are pretty well matched. Whichever you can get cheapest...

The 605 was hacked not too long ago, a full qtopia enviroment is running on it. In a couple of weeks expect to see IM apps, RSS readers, emulators, ect... (it has 64MB of ram and ~500mhz ARM CPU)

15. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Hmm...Meizu: $100, Zen: $90.

They are so close in specs it's amazing o.O"
    I'm scared though because people said the Zen feels cheap/plasticy...and also the dpad looks weird. The Meizu also has a weird scrolling thing, but does it scratch easy? Just wondering about that..

EDIT: Whoa, that's pretty sweet about the 605 :0

16. fischju

United States
    Remeber -$10 with google checkout.

And also remember that you have to convert any video to the correct format for either player.

17. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    go meizu O_O

18. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Oh, then $90 for both [​IMG]
    Didn't know newegg had GCO too.

Yea, I know, thanks for reminding. Doesn't really bother me though.
    And also, do you own a Meizu yourself? [​IMG]

19. Sailor
    OP

United States
    Ahhh...another one :0
    I only have like 1hr left to make my decision lol, that's when my dad gets home. What's your reasons though for Meizu?

20. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia