Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, so I'm finally getting a Mp3 player! It's gonna be an early bday gift, since mine is on Feb. 10th..but buy.com has a deal going on the one I want for a $20 mail in rebate, and it ends Feb. 3rd. My dad promised me one if I did good in school, and I got all A's + B's this Marking Period
wink.gif

SO...this is my first one, and decided to get it because I'm listening to music more often now. I got into rock music through friends and GH...and yea! Anyway, the one I'm looking at is either this 4gb one or this 8gb one.

Erm, I honestly have no idea that big is in relation to music/videos. I have about 300 songs, and I honestly don't think I'm gonna listen to more than 500 at a time..but I'm also planning to get a couple of my favorite anime episodes, and that's it. Mainly music though....it's a $30 difference between both, not much I guess, but if I don't need the extra space then why bother? Also I have a 2gb SD card, and it supports that expandable memory.

Hmm..oh, and the Mp3 player I chose, people said Creative is a good company, so I guess I'm gonna go with them. People also said though that the screen scratches, so I have a spare cell phone case that I'm gonna use...it almost fits, a little roomy; but the cell phone case closes with a magnet.

Pic:

2003425812018166931_rs.jpg

I was just wondering if the magnet would harm it..since I've read somewhere that magnets aren't electronics' friends, but I really dunno. Uhm, yea..I guess that's it.
help?
biggrin.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
first off, congrats on supporting Creative (ZVW owner here
biggrin.gif
)

I have that same cell phone holster and I cant say for sure an answer, but think about this. Creative Zen is flash based player right? (my vision W is HD based, but yeah...) and cell phones (and the mSD cards) are flash based as well (someone can correct me if i'm off base here). All I can say is that my phone has not had any problems but I DO reccomend looking for a more... attractive case for that beautiful player you have.

and you should definately check out epizenter.net for a Creative fansite. I think the site is just over a year old? I cant remember, but its a great place for Creative owners
wink.gif

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
first off, congrats on supporting Creative (ZVW owner here
biggrin.gif
)

I have that same cell phone holster and I cant say for sure an answer, but think about this.  Creative Zen is flash based player right? (my vision W is HD based, but yeah...) and cell phones (and the mSD cards) are flash based as well (someone can correct me if i'm off base here).  All I can say is that my phone has not had any problems but I DO reccomend looking for a more... attractive case for that beautiful player you have.

and you should definately check out epizenter.net for a Creative fansite.  I think the site is just over a year old?  I cant remember, but its a great place for Creative owners
wink.gif

Yep, yep..I hate iPod, I don't wanna get them just because everyone has them. So I'm gonna be a rebel
biggrin.gif
And iPods' interface is pretty ugly, too. Also this one is cheaper, plus bigger screen. Definite plus.

I see where you're going, and that's probably right
biggrin.gif
And I'll TRY to look for a better case, I don't want an official one, since it's like $25..1/4 of what the player costs o.O"
Silicone cases are near there, like $20..but they don't protect the screen. And I don't want sticky screen protectors, so a cheap case is all I got, I guess. Also thanks for that site, I'll head on over there in a bit.

Oh, and I'm thinking of ordering headphones from DX, since they have good cheap stuff. Also I think all headphones that come standard with players are pretty mediocre [correct me if I'm wrong], but what's Hi-Fi headphones mean? I'm trying to get InEar Headphones, since the others always fall out :'[

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the Zen. It has an SD slot, which is the reason I'm going to buy one when I get the money.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you want good sound quality, good bass, decent noise isolation, won't break very easily, good support etc, rather than some from dealextreme which probably do not

Unless you aren't picky about the quality of your music coming out of your earphones.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get the Zen. It has an SD slot, which is the reason I'm going to buy one when I get the money.

You're right..that's some expandable memory right there
wink.gif

Never heard of/seen the Meizu too, TBH, and people said the CS is non-existant o.O" Meh, I dunno. Also the Creative has a bigger screen...I mean, what's the Meizu have on the Creative Zen? Only difference is the touch scrolling, which [might] break? but it also has better build quality it seems, because it's not plastic. Though on newegg it says that the Creative is heavier..which is weird
huh.gif

I also had a question...when you get like, an anime episode..say, is there anyway to convert it to like 320x240, which what the player displays? Also, wouldn't that decrease the size of the video by a lot?

Well you want good sound quality, good bass, decent noise isolation, won't break very easily, good support etc, rather than some from dealextreme which probably do not

Unless you aren't picky about the quality of your music coming out of your earphones.

I guess you're right. I'm considering the ones that offtopic posted before you, those look nice. Guess it is worth it to have expensive headphones [you pay for what you get?].

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want a good video player, the Archos 605 leads the market right now. 800x480 screen. But the 4GB version (with SDHC slot) costs $200.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-11399_7-312-101.html

The Creative headphones are amazing. I have a pair, they are worth twice the price.

Oh, I don't want a video player..just a simple Mp3 player with a good screen. Only gonna watch a few episodes, but that $200 is very tempting.

Also thanks on the headphones, most likely gonna get them..but you never said WHY you stood for Meizu, or answered my questions..or went against the claims I made last post
huh.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, they are pretty well matched. Whichever you can get cheapest...

The 605 was hacked not too long ago, a full qtopia enviroment is running on it. In a couple of weeks expect to see IM apps, RSS readers, emulators, ect... (it has 64MB of ram and ~500mhz ARM CPU)

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, they are pretty well matched. Whichever you can get cheapest...

The 605 was hacked not too long ago, a full qtopia enviroment is running on it. In a couple of weeks expect to see IM apps, RSS readers, emulators, ect...

Hmm...Meizu: $100, Zen: $90.

They are so close in specs it's amazing o.O"
I'm scared though because people said the Zen feels cheap/plasticy...and also the dpad looks weird. The Meizu also has a weird scrolling thing, but does it scratch easy? Just wondering about that..

EDIT: Whoa, that's pretty sweet about the 605 :0

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remeber -$10 with google checkout.

And also remember that you have to convert any video to the correct format for either player.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remeber -$10 with google checkout.

And also remember that you have to convert any video to the correct format for either player.

Oh, then $90 for both
nyanya.gif

Didn't know newegg had GCO too.

Yea, I know, thanks for reminding. Doesn't really bother me though.
And also, do you own a Meizu yourself?
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...