Hacking Question Moving from SX Core to Atmosphere, messed up somehow

dyoinks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I tried switching from SX OS (Mariko) to Atmosphere, thinking it'd be relatively painless, but I messed up. I'm an idiot, I have no clue what I did wrong and what to do to fix it.

I followed the rentry guide to migrate my sxos emunand to an atmosphere emunand. My emunand was created from a 10.2.0 stock sysnand, but at some point I'd used ChoiDuJourNX to upgrade emunand to 11.0.0 then downgraded back to 10.2.0, which obviously corrupted my boot0/1 files. I did try restoring just the boot0/1 files from a clean nand dump I made when I first got the core but it didn't work (this was on 10.2.0).

So I decided to start from scratch. Completely wiped my microsd (actually deleted the entire volume and remade the whole partition). Then I followed the rentry instructions instructions to set up atmosphere from scratch.

Now I'm getting this error when I try to launch atmosphere: "Failed to match warm boot with fuses - Sleep Mode won't work". I can't boot stock sysnand from hekate, because it gives me the same error. But if I swap the SX OS boot files back in, I can launch stock sysnand no problem from the SX OS menu.

Some random info:

Found pkg1 ('20200303104606')
Burnt Fuses (0DM 7/6): 14 - 0 (HOS: 11.0.0+)
ODM Fields (4, 6, 7): 00010A40 00000000 00003FFF

Current stock firmware: 10.2.0

So I know I probably did something very stupid, but what was it? Completely wiping the microsd? Before I wiped it, sxos/hekate would boot pretty instantly, but now it takes like 30 seconds to go from a black screen to the menu each time. Do I need to do completely restore my clean nand? A 11.0.0 boot0/1 donor? I think another solution would be to upgrade to 12.0.0 on stock and start from there but at this point my nerves are shot, and I'm afraid I won't even get SX OS to run anymore. I have no clue what to do without messing things up more :(

Last edited by dyoinks,

dyoinks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(Not sure if allowed to double post) Found a solution with help from some guys on discord, and figured I'd post in case any other beginners had the same problem.

The solution for me was to manually update the sysmmc firmware from 10.2.0 to 11.0.0 with Tegraexplorer. Can't post a link bc I'm new, but used the Github Switch Unbrick Guide (MMC Rebuild). At step 1, instead of creating a folder with the fw dump, I used a 11.0.0 dump I downloaded. Also, Tegraexplorer gave me a keydump error at first, but I fixed it by running Lockpick_RCM v 1.9.2 again (1.9.3 would not work).

This fixed the warmboot error and let me launch stock sysnand again, except there was still this problem when trying to launch emunand:

------------------------------------------------
Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 ('PG PG
~').
Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
Failed to launch HOS!
Press any key...

------------------------------------------------

Using a donor boot0 file didn't fix this for me. I used a guide to recreate a clean boot0 file using EmmcHaccGen. Restoring the boot0 file from the Hekate tools menu didn't work! I had to recreate my emummc as files instead of as a hidden partition, then I manually replaced the boot0 file in the folder with the new one I generated. This fixed everything for me and let me launch atmosphere.

Last edited by dyoinks,
Reactions: Boydy86

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1