Hacking Moving away from redNAND to sysNAND. Keep users and save data?

SubSonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I haven't really messed with my WiiU since modifying it in March and I'm a bit out of the loop.

I've noticed that redNAND is no longer recommended and I would like to remove it from my system.

BUT, I don't want to lose everything...

Can anyone help me through backing up everything IF possible, and restoring it to sysNAND.

I created 3 profiles and all game saves in redNAND. I'm sure I can access the save games through FTP (I've done that in the past, but can't remember where to look anymore) But not sure about profiles.

I know I can do NAND backup, but I have no idea if I can restore that from one type to another.

Thanks in advance. I really hope I can sort this out without losing data.

Once this is complete, I will use Kafluke's guide in the future.

P.s. I searched the forums first and couldn't fine definitive answers on how to do this. (Plus I really haven't jogged my memory yet)

*EDIT* I've managed to find out some more information myself. But is there a list of what each folder of the software is storing?

Last edited by SubSonix,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all depends on how many saves you have as to the method I'd recommend but yes, you can backup all your saves and they are profile specific.

I just use saviine but you'll have to boot each game, dump the save one at a time to PC and then move it to a folder on your pc saying something like "Claras Mario Save" or something like that. Then start the process again with the next save and so on. Once you have them all saved on PC you can ditch rednand and then inject them back with saviine following the same process... launching each game in its respective profile on the Wii u.

Works great but can be time consuming. I know you can do it faster with ftp but I don't know that process and saviine has always worked for me

SubSonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It all depends on how many saves you have as to the method I'd recommend but yes, you can backup all your saves and they are profile specific.

I just use saviine but you'll have to boot each game, dump the save one at a time to PC and then move it to a folder on your pc saying something like "Claras Mario Save" or something like that. Then start the process again with the next save and so on. Once you have them all saved on PC you can ditch rednand and then inject them back with saviine following the same process... launching each game in its respective profile on the Wii u.

Works great but can be time consuming. I know you can do it faster with ftp but I don't know that process and saviine has always worked for me

Thanks for the reply, great information :) But do you know how I can keep the existing profiles?

SubSonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You might just have to make new profiles on sysnand. Unless you have it linked with rednand

Perhaps so. I keep seeing Linked references, yet I have no idea what It means technically. I'm assuming that mine aren't Linked as I don't see the redNAND created profiles while in sysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2