Homebrew Move your saves from m3 to game card?

Nintendude49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it in anyway possible to put your saves from an emulator (in my case m3 CF) onto a game card. For example, Rogue Agent ROM to Rogue Agent Original?

Or even to other way around?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never used it since the name change, but REIN definitely does this. I used it to transfer saves to and from original carts with my M3 SD. The program has had M3 CF support for even longer than that.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, REIN definitely works with the M3. I've been using it to transfer my save files in and out of my original carts. It's really easy to work with
smile.gif

http://www.pat.hi-ho.ne.jp/sata68/nds.shtml

Only thing is when you're importing saved files over to your original carts, be sure to create some saved data on your original carts first. Otherwise you won't be able to import your M3 saved data into your carts.

Nintendude49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, before I try, a few questions...........:

The sites in Japanese, is the .nds file the same way?

What's the newest version of Rein, r17? or is that just a beta?

Is it possible to damage the game cartridge?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The program is fine, r17 will work, I've never had a problem using r16 despite the disclaimer that it's not responsible for destroying your nds game etc etc. I haven't heard people have trouble with rein. Good luck.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The program itself is in English so don't worry. And also, I've used it with over 20 original DS game cards. None of them have ever been corrupted.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
The G6 have the option to sent the Save file from DS Card>G6 or G6>Ds Card when you push Select on the game...and M3 is made by the same company, I thought it also have that function???????

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
To transfer an M3 save to an original game cartridge using M3+Passkey2, you must at some point have to take out the Passkey and insert the original cart only,right?

If that is so and the DS is not flashed will it not hang?

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To transfer an M3 save to an original game cartridge using M3+Passkey2, you must at some point have to take out the Passkey and insert the original cart only,right?

If that is so and the DS is not flashed will it not hang?

You can remove the Passkey as soon as the DS has booted to the M3 menu, the DS won't hang. The DS will only crash if you remove something (game cart, Passkey...) from the slot while playing a game, because they are programmed to catch this to prevent corruption of save data.

Nintendude49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so ive downloaded r17, extracted it. put it on the root of the CF card. and when i try to boot it, it shows the loading, then the top screen goes white, and in the bottom, the light goes out; and everything freezes.

What did i do wrong??
wacko.gif

Nintendude49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, problem solved.

On the M3s, i guess u need to open the file as a demo. If you try to use it as a regular game, its just freezes up.

Works like a champ now! Very nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: