Hacking Question Mounting HacDiskMount - Now Switch Boots into Purple Screen

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble booting my Switch normally. I tried to use HacDiskMount in an attempt to update my Switch SD Card Drivers for exFAT support, however when initially mounting the Switch I got the error:

Primary GPT has invalid CRC of entries, trying secondary from offset 31268535808

This rendered my Switch unrecognizable to my computer and resulted in my switch displaying a purple screen when booting. I tried to follow Rajkosto's advice in this thread:

/threads/permanent-violet-screen-on-switch.503909/

can you get back into memloader, get into eMMC UMS mode, and restore your GPT ? i think i got a violet error like that when i intentionally corrupted the GPT CRC
a valid GPT is included here as gpt_prefix.bin
just open the UMS device in hex workshop as disk then go restore sectors and choose the gpt_prefix.bin file and write it to sector 0

make a full eMMC backup before doing that though, i don't think you actually lost anything

however, my switch could not be mounted and found. As a result I restored my Nand backups through Hekkate which now results in no response from my switch. I am looking for any advice. My switch appears to boot into RCM still, but I have no idea how to return it to functionality.

Last edited by Bro1010,

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
looks like you tried mounting the wrong thing with hacdiskmount ?
anyway you should have just used gptrestore, a tool specifically made to fix the gpt, restoring backups with hekate is experimental and seems to not work often/makes things worse

Last edited by rajkosto,

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway you should have just used gptrestore, a tool specifically made to fix the gpt, restoring backups with hekate is experimental and seems to not work often/makes things worse

Very well might have. In retrospect I should have. That being said, I tried mounting the correct drive and selected emmc from memeloader. Is there anything I can do to help fix this considering I compounded the issue? By the way thank you for the response and I am sorry to take your time.

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
use gptrestore, then mount emmc via memloader and then restore via hacdiskmount the partitions you previously backed up with hekate ? do not enter any bis keys if they came from hekate.

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use gptrestore, then mount emmc via memloader and then restore via hacdiskmount the partitions you previously backed up with hekate ? do not enter any bis keys if they came from hekate.

Yes I backed up with Hekate. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but Bis keys? I restored both the Nand and the boot 0 & boot 1. If its important to note I preformed the backup on 2.00, updated to 3.01 then restored hopefully that is irrelevant.

GBCTEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's quite disturbing.

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt matter,you cant downgrade at the moment,restore your nand using hekate 3.2. or gptrestore as rajkosto said.

I will do so and let

I was able to restore the GPT and emmcto switch. How do I restore the nand? The photo shows the files I have and layout.

https://ibb.co/bAKKjT

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
hex workshop has restore sectors option after you open the 29.1GB emmc physical disk (which appears once you use ums_emmc.ini via memloader). just point it to rawnand.bin and click ok
you can do the same to boot0/boot1 after you get them to appear as physical disk using the appropriate ums_boot0.ini/ums_boot1.ini

Last edited by rajkosto,

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hex workshop has restore sectors option after you open the 29.1GB emmc physical disk (which appears once you use ums_emmc.ini via memloader). just point it to rawnand.bin and click ok
you can do the same to boot0/boot1 after you get them to appear as physical disk using the appropriate ums_boot0.ini/ums_boot1.ini

To confirm so I don't mess it up any more, Disk>Restore Sectors? To confirm I burned my efuses when updating from 2.00 to 3.01 I am assuming. If I took the backup on 2.00 is it still alright to attempt a restore? I don't want to mess it up more?

https://ibb.co/eXzujT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If u have full nand use kecate 3.2( exfat only)
That means nand backup has to be on exfat format!!

Nand backup was on exFAT format... I attempted to restore with Hekate (I didn't know there is a specific version I need to use? I understand that it works for all firmware's... so the latest should work just as effective as 3.2?) I don't understand.

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
Your burned fuses dont matter if you are booting with hekate... so it should boot once you restore all and you boot with hekate [stock]

Bro1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your burned fuses dont matter if you are booting with hekate... so it should boot once you restore all and you boot with hekate [stock]

Just started the restore with Hex Workshop. Thank you for the guidance. I will let you know if it succeeds. Will it only be able to boot through Hekate [Stock] if it is a sucess?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To confirm so I don't mess it up any more, Disk>Restore Sectors? To confirm I burned my efuses when updating from 2.00 to 3.01 I am assuming. If I took the backup on 2.00 is it still alright to attempt a restore? I don't want to mess it up more?

https://ibb.co/eXzujT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nand backup was on exFAT format... I attempted to restore with Hekate (I didn't know there is a specific version I need to use? I understand that it works for all firmware's... so the latest should work just as effective as 3.2?) I don't understand.
Hekate 3.2 not old versions, just in case you need it in the future!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system