Most unique experiences on DS?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Just finished Ghost Trick:

10/10. The game is an experience and easily the best DS has to offer as there is nothing like it anywhere. Got me thinking about what you'd recommend? Doesn't have to be the same style, just something that really showcases the DS as such a unique platform.

Thanks

Reactions: Glyptofane

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would put ghost trick with all the rope/hookshot/grappling hook puzzles, though I do agree it is very good and a nice twist on detective games.

For the truly unique stuff you want to go through DS homebrew -- plenty of stuff made there that would never pass legal or financial in the commercial games world. If going purely for unique then the first book in the lone wolf series was made as an audiobook you can play with the DS screen closed and pressing buttons accordingly, though for Lone Wolf in general I recommend the main series also on the DS.
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_DS_homebrew
For something you might want to play with uniqueness in mind then the various rhythm games are usually a good start.

Unique probably joins (buzz)words like innovative in meaning a lot of different things to a lot of people, and none of it is necessarily a synonym for good even if people mistake it for that/wish it was that.
Still quirky game that tried something new is one of the selection criteria for the various recommend you a game threads/series we had around here
List of most of them, though ones too much later than that thread you might want to search for (the recommends series coming back)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/links-to-various-gbatemp-features-over-the-years.352851/

Not sure what I would point at for a "if you liked" type recommendation either as it would probably come down to what elements you liked and going from there Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors could be for some, Hotel Dusk/Kyle Hyde series for others, more general adventure games (for which there are some like Theresia, Secret Files and Runaway).

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At the moment, these 2 titles come to mind:

1) Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip:
This one is a quirky and funny parody of the Wizard of Oz, full of absurd characters and ridiculous situations.
The protagonist is a 35-year-old geek with no job, no money and no girlfriend who spends his days watching television. One day he notices an advertisement for a "miraculous" manual that can make him irresistible in the eyes of women. He orders the book, but a moment after opening it, he is sucked inside and transported to an alternative dimension, where he wears a green elf suit and is called Tingle.

2) Chōsōjū Mecha MG:
This action/3D-fighing game involves driving a series of transformable robots (MGs) and performing various missions by moving to different locations. A myriad of different robots are available, each with their own characteristics, merits, and weaknesses.
In the lower screen is the cockpit with its own controls, levers, buttons, switches, cranks, steering wheel etc. and it is fun to use the stylus to maneuver, even in an awkward and approximate way, the MG jumping from one command to another, charging here, rotating there, pressing this, pulling the other and then admiring the effect produced on the beautiful 3D graphics on the upper screen.
What do you others recommend? ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg