most underrated video games?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Terranigma wasnt underated, it just didnt get released everywhere so reviews of it were less well known and some were bitter over not playing it. However the reviews of people who did play it are all like 9-10/10 because the game is a frigging masterpeice. (And my fave game ever, inspiring my slightly altered username)

My top 5 of underated games:

1)Zombiu - IMO the best surival horror game i have ever played. The atmosphere was excellent and the difficulty was perfect, The gamepad's use was perfectly implemented and it was realistic. For a first attempt of something new, this exceeded all my expectations and its a shame it will never see a sequel. Some slight tweaks and a larger game world and i think we could be looking at one of the best zombie games around.

2) Clayfighter 63 1/3 - Going back a few years but this was a fighting game for the N64 and it got horrible reviews all round but i thought it was one of the most fun and hilariously enjoyable fighters at the time. The "claytalities" were funny, the characters were random as hell but i had alot of fun with the game despite its flaws and im sure alot of other people did too.

3) Rune factory 3 - RF1 and 2 were awful, lets just that out the way and alot of people thought these games were just a clone of harvest moon but i thought rune factory 3 did alot of things really well. It had a great initial town, great combat and alot of unlockables with a pretty good story too. For a game about marriage and farming, there was a hell of a lot of content in this game and i put alot of hours into this game. It even had multiplayer too!!

4) Valkyrie profile: Covenant of the plume - Reviews of this game basically all had one thing in common "this game is VERY HARD" but the truth was? It wasnt. Think of it like a slightly more punishing version of fire emblem but boy was it addictive. Great story and very underated.

5) Resident evil 5 - I dont care what anyone says, it didnt ruin the series. It wasnt a bad game. It was probably one of the best local co-op games iv played and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It was basically Resident evil 4 with co-op and thats a pretty good thing. I would happily play that game again, 6 ruined the series. 5 didnt.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good, because that game truly was the final nail in the series, maybe there's slight hope in the Wii U version, but I ain't holding my breath.
Welp, they can always invent a new IP*.

*New IP's are weird, mythical beasts. They are rarely seen in Nintendo lands, but according to ancient scholars, chances of encountering them rise during the alignment of Mars, Alpha Centauri and the Sun. Those are rumours and legends though, as no such thing has been seen in Nintendo's offices for almost a decade now. Some say that new IP's graze at the high hilltops of Fuji, but an expedition is yet to be sent.

Reactions: Nathan Drake

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Terranigma wasnt underated, it just didnt get released everywhere so reviews of it were less well known and some were bitter over not playing it. However the reviews of people who did play it are all like 9-10/10 because the game is a frigging masterpeice. (And my fave game ever, inspiring my slightly altered username)

My top 5 of underated games:

1)Zombiu - IMO the best surival horror game i have ever played. The atmosphere was excellent and the difficulty was perfect, The gamepad's use was perfectly implemented and it was realistic. For a first attempt of something new, this exceeded all my expectations and its a shame it will never see a sequel. Some slight tweaks and a larger game world and i think we could be looking at one of the best zombie games around.

2) Clayfighter 63 1/3 - Going back a few years but this was a fighting game for the N64 and it got horrible reviews all round but i thought it was one of the most fun and hilariously enjoyable fighters at the time. The "claytalities" were funny, the characters were random as hell but i had alot of fun with the game despite its flaws and im sure alot of other people did too.

3) Rune factory 3 - RF1 and 2 were awful, lets just that out the way and alot of people thought these games were just a clone of harvest moon but i thought rune factory 3 did alot of things really well. It had a great initial town, great combat and alot of unlockables with a pretty good story too. For a game about marriage and farming, there was a hell of a lot of content in this game and i put alot of hours into this game. It even had multiplayer too!!

4) Valkyrie profile: Covenant of the plume - Reviews of this game basically all had one thing in common "this game is VERY HARD" but the truth was? It wasnt. Think of it like a slightly more punishing version of fire emblem but boy was it addictive. Great story and very underated.

5) Resident evil 5 - I dont care what anyone says, it didnt ruin the series. It wasnt a bad game. It was probably one of the best local co-op games iv played and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It was basically Resident evil 4 with co-op and thats a pretty good thing. I would happily play that game again, 6 ruined the series. 5 didnt.
yeah but terranigma deserves to be put on virtual console reproduction carts are to expensive and it would get a unknown masterpiece some recognition

if they can do it for pulseman for the genesis (another awesome game) they can do it for terranigma

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, they can always invent a new IP*.

*New IP's are weird, mythical beasts. They are rarely seen in Nintendo lands, but according to ancient scholars, chances of encountering them rise during the allignment of Mars, Alpha Centauri and the Sun. Those are rumours and legends though, as no such thing has been seen in Nintendo's offices for almost a decade now. Some say that new IP's graze at the high hilltops of Fuji, but an expedition is yet to be sent.

Meh, I still play the games, as long as they don't end up like COD I don't care that much. I play Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mhm

that and mario galaxy are my fond memories of the wii and why ill never hate the console ^^
Never played the first Mario Galaxy, but I sure did play two. I beat that game so many times, the Nintendo Wii sure does define fun to the fullest :wub:

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Never played the first Mario Galaxy, but I sure did play two. I beat that game so many times, the Nintendo Wii sure does define fun to the fullest :wub:
for me mario is for all ages your never to old for mario XD

wasnt fond of new super mario bros though but thats just me

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you missed the last bajizillion of Pokemon releases and frankly, New Super Mario Bros. is obviously the same formula as well.
THANK YOU see i knew new super mario bros was the same game i knew it

i do like galaxy and 3d land/world though ill admit to that ^^

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you missed the last bajizillion of Pokemon releases and frankly, New Super Mario Bros. is obviously the same formula as well.

I couldn't care less about Pokemon, and saying that is tantamount to blasphemy to some :creep: I hope the series dies in a fire. MK8 FTW. NSMB yeah, I agree.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I did play Starfox Condom. I stopped really fast.

:wtf:
does the Starfox condoms have Arwing designs??
if so, does come with GreatFox female underwear?? you know, to dock the ship.

anyway.......

The Guardian Legend(NES): is the fusion of a shmup and Legend of Zelda with a Metroid feel, you need to play it to understand. awesome game but largely ignored.
Umihara Kawase Series(SNES/PSone/PSP/DS): very fun game that require skill to complete, the mechanic is to get to the door using a fishing pole as a grappling hook. good music too.
Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power(PC): of all the Touhou fighting games I find this the most fair in the sense that you actually need to do the combos to win, and yet is the one that nobody plays because has less characters. in Hisoutensoku you just need to mash buttons to win.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol