Gaming Most Favorite DS Title So Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
The world ends with you.....it kinda distant itself from today's RPG (Western/Eastern)...my fave so far..i only finished around 30 NDSgames

also i like a lot.

Radiant Historia - love the battle, its turnbased but i don't feel like it was a boring turnbased( unlike many JRPG, except FFX, just loved the CTB)...it has nice replay value, but also, i feel like something was missing in the story( i complete the game 100%)

and Also Phoenix Wright 1 (half way now in 2, never played 3).. i played a lot VNDS, but this game/series is the one i really enjoyed(though 999 is also very good and i enjoyed it a lot) it got lot of emotions, and its all perfectly done, jokes and drama..superb

Yugioh 2011 - well it's yugioh, just love building decks and playing people, dont have money to play it with REAL cards

N+ = never finished but love it

Reactions: 1 person

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My favorite games so far are Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, I waited years for them to be released and I wasn't disappointed. Other games I enjoyed were Super Mario 64, Animal Crossing Wild World, Final Fantasy III, and Sonic Rush.

TeddyPain

Trophies
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
Country
United States
Dbz: Attack of the saiyans. This is the best dbz rpg I have EVER seen, its much better than the gba rpgs, where you just kill snakes. This game takes it back to dragonball, and even has some never before seen footage. Even if you don't like rpgs, this game is easy enough to please anyone. Although it's pretty easy, only requires some grinding, and even the grinding is fast. My game time was 43 hours on this game, very excellent.
Beyblade: metal masters. Recent game I found out about. I must say the gameplay is awesome and is a very nice action game. It's the latest one, so I'm definitely eager to play its previous titles.
DBZ: Super sonic warriors 2. A nice easy action game, once you get the hang of it with blocking and such. You don't have to like DBZ to enjoy this, like attack of the saiyans. In my opinion one of the best action games for the ds. The blocking function pretty much ruins the whole difficulty for this game. You just press b when someone rushes and tries to attack and then you attack back. So easy. If you have a friend, you should try playing this game with them. The multiplayer is nice and I play it frequently.

Call Of Duty: MW3 - Defiance. Best fps shooter game out there, the graphics aren't that great, but hey, it IS the ds, afterall. The multiplayer lets you use wifi, this game isn't for everyone, infact its filled with 10 year old kids who thought this game was cool and begged their parents to buy it. It's a good experience once you get the hang of it.

Now I'll just stop making reviews and give you a list of some games, as I feel like being a fatass.

Megaman zero collection
Mario Kart
metroid prime hunters
mega man zx
mega man zx advent
mario hoops 3 on 3
jump ultimate stars
tony hawks proving ground
ed edd n eddy scam of the century
contra 4
ultimate mortal kombat
final fantasy XII revenantwings
super dodgeball brawlers
final fnatasy IV (Only ff game I've spent more than 15 hours on, still not done completing it though, as it is hard as balls.)
N+
Commando steel disaster
chrono trigger
pokemon platinum, black, white, gold, silver, any pokemon game out there.
Kirby super star ultra
Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
Kingdom hearts re:coded
cop the recruit
space invaders extreme 2
fifa 10
fifa 11
ace attorney pheonix wright
ace attorney investigateions miles edgeworth(barely started it but I can tell its decent)
All yugioh 5ds games, of course.
Chicken Blaster
Demenitium, Dementium II (BEST HORROR FPS GAME OF ALL TIME, JUST MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE GAME ON THE DS.)
100 classic books (Some good old classics, eases the mind of killing zombies and stomping on goombas)
xg blast
james bond 007
sonic colors
duke nukem
plants vs zombies
ben10 triple pack
kung zhu
x men destiny
advance wars days of ruin
aliens infestation
bomberman
All castlevania games
Fifa street 2
GTA chinatown wars
Naruto vs sasuke
Konami Arcade collection
mario party
metal slug 7
need for spped underground 2
okamiden
phantasy star zero
kirby squeak squad
ninja gaiden
summon night twin age
yoshis island
Those most of the games I've played and enjoyed on my ds. Well I put all my effort into that. Great system, great games. Now off to the 3ds.

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Dbz: Attack of the saiyans. This is the best dbz rpg I have EVER seen, its much better than the gba rpgs, where you just kill snakes. This game takes it back to dragonball, and even has some never before seen footage. Even if you don't like rpgs, this game is easy enough to please anyone. Although it's pretty easy, only requires some grinding, and even the grinding is fast. My game time was 43 hours on this game, very excellent.
Beyblade: metal masters. Recent game I found out about. I must say the gameplay is awesome and is a very nice action game. It's the latest one, so I'm definitely eager to play its previous titles.
DBZ: Super sonic warriors 2. A nice easy action game, once you get the hang of it with blocking and such. You don't have to like DBZ to enjoy this, like attack of the saiyans. In my opinion one of the best action games for the ds. The blocking function pretty much ruins the whole difficulty for this game. You just press b when someone rushes and tries to attack and then you attack back. So easy. If you have a friend, you should try playing this game with them. The multiplayer is nice and I play it frequently.

Call Of Duty: MW3 - Defiance. Best fps shooter game out there, the graphics aren't that great, but hey, it IS the ds, afterall. The multiplayer lets you use wifi, this game isn't for everyone, infact its filled with 10 year old kids who thought this game was cool and begged their parents to buy it. It's a good experience once you get the hang of it.

Now I'll just stop making reviews and give you a list of some games, as I feel like being a fatass.

Megaman zero collection
Mario Kart
metroid prime hunters
mega man zx
mega man zx advent
mario hoops 3 on 3
jump ultimate stars
contra 4
ultimate mortal kombat
super dodgeball brawlers
final fnatasy IV (Only ff game I've spent more than 15 hours on, still not done completing it though, as it is hard as balls.)
N+
Commando steel disaster
chrono trigger
Kirby super star ultra
cop the recruit
space invaders extreme 2
fifa 10
fifa 11
ace attorney investigateions miles edgeworth(barely started it but I can tell its decent)
Chicken Blaster
Demenitium, Dementium II (BEST HORROR FPS GAME OF ALL TIME, JUST MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE GAME ON THE DS.)
100 classic books (Some good old classics, eases the mind of killing zombies and stomping on goombas)
xg blast
james bond 007
sonic colors
duke nukem
plants vs zombies
ben10 triple pack
kung zhu
x men destiny
aliens infestation
bomberman
All castlevania games
Fifa street 2
GTA chinatown wars
Naruto vs sasuke
Konami Arcade collection
mario party
metal slug 7
okamiden
phantasy star zero
kirby squeak squad
ninja gaiden
summon night twin age
yoshis island
Those most of the games I've played and enjoyed on my ds. Well I put all my effort into that. Great system, great games. Now off to the 3ds.

Wow, that sure is a lot of games! Thanks for the rec! ;D

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Megaman zero collection
Mario Kart
metroid prime hunters
mega man zx
mega man zx advent
mario hoops 3 on 3
jump ultimate stars
contra 4
ultimate mortal kombat
super dodgeball brawlers
N+
Commando steel disaster
chrono trigger
Kirby super star ultra
cop the recruit
space invaders extreme 2
fifa 10
fifa 11
Chicken Blaster
xg blast
james bond 007
sonic colors
duke nukem
plants vs zombies
ben10 triple pack
kung zhu
x men destiny
aliens infestation
bomberman
All castlevania games
Fifa street 2
GTA chinatown wars
Naruto vs sasuke
Konami Arcade collection
mario party
metal slug 7
okamiden
phantasy star zero
kirby squeak squad
ninja gaiden
summon night twin age
yoshis island
The bolded ones + Ghost Trick would be my favorites

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow
2. Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor
3. Shin Megami Tensei - Strange Journey
4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Blue Rescue Team
5. Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney
6. SolatoRobo - Red the Hunter
7. Kingdom Hearts - 358-2 Days
8. Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars
9. Final Fantasy III
10. Monster Rancher DS

Those would have to be my top 10 favorite games I have played on my DS thus far. I really can't just put my finger on one game i enjoyed the most, so I boiled that list down to 10.

Good list! ; ) is Monster Rancher DS any good?
A bit of a late reply, but still. It's one of those games, that isn't the best in the series, but if you never played them it's a great game to start out on.
Since I never played them, it really helped me figure things out for the other games so now I can understand the other ones.
So not the best Monster Rancher game. but it goes up there since it's a great start for people new to the Monster Rancher games, thus it became my favorite DS game for doing that.

In short it's a good game, not ground breaking, but really under-rated.

Reactions: 1 person

Balee56

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Pokémon DPPtHGSSBW
MegaTen - Devil Survivor
Castlevania - Order of Occlesia
Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney series
Warioware Touched
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure/Colours
Kingdom Hearts ReCoded (358-2 is dull)
Kirby Mass Attack/Super Star Ultra
Dragon Quest IX

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to name a few in random order.

TWEWY
Chrono Trigger
Megaman Zero Collection
Castlevania Series
Contact (I want a second game..)
Hotel Dusk
FF4
Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2

Also just started playing Aliens: Infestation, and loving it!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to the DS scene (I never owned a DS, and I just got a 3DS over new year's), but here are my favorites so far (in no real order).

-Chrono Trigger (nothing new, but still an awesome game, and the touch controls are helpful)
-Mega Man Zero Collection (this got me addicted to the Mega Man series, since I could work my way up in easy mode to train myself for the real thing)
-Mega Man ZX (awesome continuation to Mega Man Zero, with much more balanced difficulty)
-Yoshi's Island DS (I loved the original on the SNES as a kid and the GBA as a teen, and this sequel does NOT disappoint)
-Kirby Super Star Ultra (another SNES classic, my fave in the series, flawlessly ported to the DS with awesome extras)
-Kirby Mass Attack (I groaned when I first saw the all-touch controls, but by the second level, I was hooked!)
-Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (a sequel as awesome as the original)
-New Super Mario Bros. (I think I may have actually liked this better than Super Mario 3D Land)

Now, some games I really DON'T like...
-Super Mario 64 DS (I actually DID enjoy this game and the extra features, but the play control is abysmal. An 8-way dpad and broken resistive-screen analog can't hold a candle to a true analog pad, and the run button is a complete joke... it should've been default "run" with a "walk" button instead... and on top of all that, the wonky 180 degree turn controls from the original just got worse)
-Metroid Prime: Hunters (an impressive game, but why they didn't add a single-stick control option similar to the first 2 games is beyond me. Especially since the DS doesn't have 2 controlpads)
-Star Fox Command (this game is just ridiculous: it uses almost exclusively the touch screen for arbitrary reasons, even though regular controls would work so much better for most of them)

TeddyPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to the DS scene (I never owned a DS, and I just got a 3DS over new year's), but here are my favorites so far (in no real order).

-Chrono Trigger (nothing new, but still an awesome game, and the touch controls are helpful)
-Mega Man Zero Collection (this got me addicted to the Mega Man series, since I could work my way up in easy mode to train myself for the real thing)
-Mega Man ZX (awesome continuation to Mega Man Zero, with much more balanced difficulty)
-Yoshi's Island DS (I loved the original on the SNES as a kid and the GBA as a teen, and this sequel does NOT disappoint)
-Kirby Super Star Ultra (another SNES classic, my fave in the series, flawlessly ported to the DS with awesome extras)
-Kirby Mass Attack (I groaned when I first saw the all-touch controls, but by the second level, I was hooked!)
-New Super Mario Bros. (I think I may have actually liked this better than Super Mario 3D Land)

-Super Mario 64 DS (I actually DID enjoy this game and the extra features, but the play control is abysmal. An 8-way dpad and broken resistive-screen analog can't hold a candle to a true analog pad, and the run button is a complete joke... it should've been default "run" with a "walk" button instead... and on top of all that, the wonky 180 degree turn controls from the original just got worse)
-Metroid Prime: Hunters (an impressive game, but why they didn't add a single-stick control option similar to the first 2 games is beyond me. Especially since the DS doesn't have 2 controlpads)
-Star Fox Command (this game is just ridiculous: it uses almost exclusively the touch screen for arbitrary reasons, even though regular controls would work so much better for most of them)

I'm guessing you have big thumbs so you hate touch controls? Lol, if you don't like the touchscreen option, I suggest getting a PSP Vita. I don't like them as much because I keep losing my styluses and I have to use my thumbs.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you have big thumbs so you hate touch controls? Lol, if you don't like the touchscreen option, I suggest getting a PSP Vita. I don't like them as much because I keep losing my styluses and I have to use my thumbs.
I love touch controls when they're done correctly (coming from an Android smartphone with lots of gaming, I'm used to it). I just don't like when touch controls are added aribtrarily when regular controls would work just as well, if not better. And resistive screens just don't work well AT ALL as touchscreen analogs. It works fine on a capacitive screen (PSVita, smartphones), but on a resistive screen, it loses track of your thumb quite quickly. And the stylus works great on games that mostly don't require any regular button input at all (Kirby Mass Attack, for example), but it doesn't work on, say, Metroid Prime Hunters when i have to hold the dpad and trigger with one hand, and use the stylus with the other.

But yeah, no PSVita for me... I love my Nintendo exclusives, and I'm too broke to keep up with games on 2 different systems. lol

TeddyPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love touch controls when they're done correctly (coming from an Android smartphone with lots of gaming, I'm used to it). I just don't like when touch controls are added aribtrarily when regular controls would work just as well, if not better. And resistive screens just don't work well AT ALL as touchscreen analogs. It works fine on a capacitive screen (PSVita, smartphones), but on a resistive screen, it loses track of your thumb quite quickly. And the stylus works great on games that mostly don't require any regular button input at all (Kirby Mass Attack, for example), but it doesn't work on, say, Metroid Prime Hunters when i have to hold the dpad and trigger with one hand, and use the stylus with the other.

But yeah, no PSVita for me... I love my Nintendo exclusives, and I'm too broke to keep up with games on 2 different systems. lol
I see then. But you should know for Metroid Prime Hunters there is an option to use a b x y controls to view and not the touch screen. I hope that helps. I overlooked it too but I was just so used to using the touchscreen I didn't bother with it. You can also change other settings like sensitivty and all that. If you continue to play Metroid, then add my friend code, I'm not that great but that game is pretty fun.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I see then. But you should know for Metroid Prime Hunters there is an option to use a b x y controls to view and not the touch screen. I hope that helps. I overlooked it too but I was just so used to using the touchscreen I didn't bother with it. You can also change other settings like sensitivty and all that. If you continue to play Metroid, then add my friend code, I'm not that great but that game is pretty fun.
That's what I've been doing, actually. Still not the same, but better than nothing. Thanks for the tip.

And I haven't played it in a while, but Maybe I'll get online sometime. :-)

TeddyPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The games that you dislike, I actually like the most. Mainly that they have the download play option, and it really is awesome. Some of my friends don't have a flashkart so they can't really play multiplayer games with us. I can see why you don't like them though.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The games that you dislike, I actually like the most. Mainly that they have the download play option, and it really is awesome. Some of my friends don't have a flashkart so they can't really play multiplayer games with us. I can see why you don't like them though.
Yeah. I mean, I still LIKE Super Mario 64 and play it because, well, it's Super Mario 64. lol. And Metroid Prime is okayish. But I just couldn't get into Star Fox Command to save a life.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The bosses is what really pissed me off about Metroid Prime Hunters (same 2 bosses recycled, with increasing difficulty). SM64 was a lot of fun thouh, sure the controls where crap but they were crap on the N64 too (at least for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass