Most disturbing film you have seen?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd have to say Arachnophobia. I don't like spiders, and watching that gave me the creeps for some good days when I were younger.

Babel wasn't disturbing for me, but the end so was...meaningless and the story just sucked, as it was so confusing. I mean, the combination of four different families to unveil that a weapon which nearly killed Susan (Cate Blanchett) was more like a mysterious crime investigation without the vital parts. And the Japanese girl stuff was weird.

piklasDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly recommend The Ordeal (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/) for a disturbing film. Not a blood/gore film, but the film is sick to the core.

If you want your disturbing films a bit more on the icky side though, I recommend Men Behind The Sun (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093170/).

Oh yeah, Audition (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/) is also a really good choice.

Also, I heard Salo really takes the cake in this category but I have not seen that one yet.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Disturbing is relative. 'Requiem For A Dream' is disturbing to some; 'Audition' to others. Those aren't necessarily disturbing to me, but they are unpleasant.

One of the more disturbing movies I've seen is 'Happiness' by director Todd Solondz. That is a messed up movie.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I watched a couple of iraqi insurgant beheadings online. They are genuinly disturbing and it took me a couple of hours for it all to sink in properly.

Watching them jump around and cheer afterwards really proved to me how backward they are. Those fucking retards need to evolve.

I also saw the R Kelly video
biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's gotta be any of the Saw trilogy for me. I've seen "worse" films, in terms of gore and violence, but man... Saw is a really good movie. I love how everything fall into place at the end of the third one. And how the producers made the traps more cruel and complex as the films developed.

Seeing someone's arms and legs being slowly turned around while other guy tries to find the key to unlock him is priceless.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Britney Spears video from the VMAs last week.

Also House on Haunted Hill remake. I love horror movies and can deal with body parts and blood galore but for some reason those chattering ghosts freak me out!
ohmy.gif

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
The Exorcism of Emily Rose was one of the movie that gave me shivers... When her boyfriend wakes up at night and sees her on the floor, mouth open like she is screeming... ooh I never want this to happen to me
ohmy.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer

Not as out and out gruesome as some (Ichi, I'm talking to you) but genuinely disturbing in the way that the character is just so cold and emotionless towards his killings.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have (fortunately?) never seen the original nor the modified Exorcist, but I read in a retro mag that it was one of the most horrifying movies ever.

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I also have to add Nekromantik.
tongue.gif
It's a bit funny cause it's a low budget film but it's disturbing and sick as hell.
bow.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Richard Kuklinski is a pretty disturbing individual, mainly because he's so enigmatic. I found myself leaning into the tv as he talked. Watch Iceman: Confessions of a Mafia Hitman and you'll see what I mean.

Sidenote: They should make a movie about this guy and cast James Gandolfini in the lead role

Part 1
Part 2

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is a topic very near and dear to my heart. I have spent a lot of time looking for the worst of the worst and for the longest time I thought the Guinea Pig series was it (well, the first two at least, the rest just get damn silly). There are others like the Red Room (1 and 2) series that push boundaries but nothing has ever really affected me except one film. August Underground: Mordum. There is at least 2 scenes that really bothered me to the point of scaring me. pretty impressive when you consider all the other movies that try to be extreme out there. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410332/ is the listing. trust me when I say that I have seen the other movies that people are suggesting here and they do not touch this movie. Niku Daruma (aka Tumbling Doll of Flesh, aka Psycho: The Snuff Reels) gets close as does Muzan E, but those feel like the Guinea Pig series. I guess if you hate to see people upchuck then Slaughtered Vomit Dolls may be your August Underground, but for me, being a father of 2, August Underground: Mordum is really the most vile. Highly recommended for its ability to scar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...