PS1/2 Most anticipated PS3 game of 2009?

ShadowsAbyss

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
4
Trophies
0
XP
53
Country
Canada
There are so many great games to choose from i don't quite know which my favorite will be >.>, but my most anticipated right now has to be Resident Evil 5. The graphics are sweet and theres coop gameplay along with it. Every time new content is released i just wanna jump out of my seat, and land on March 13 when it comes out
biggrin.gif
. If you want to check it out heres the link, the more views, the more content is released.

http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/index...bid=YYNxGM2LBEB

But hey this post isn't just for me so ill stop rambling about my games and let u ramble about yours XD.
 

Goshogun1

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
471
Trophies
0
XP
89
Country
United States
-Final Fantasy XIII (even if I end up with the Japanese version...I don't care)
-Aquanauts Holiday (assuming it comes out in US at all)
-Yakuza 3 (considering 1&2 came out here, this will as well)

Honestly, I haven't seen much that interests me right now besides these three. I have so much on my backlog I really shouldn't bother with too many new games.
 

PW1337

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
62
Trophies
0
Age
36
Website
Visit site
XP
83
Country
United States
Resident Evil 5 for me as well, I can't wait to try out the demo! Well, for other games... I haven't played the first Uncharted, so I don't know what to think about Uncharted 2, but I'm still looking forward to it. I'm not sure about Killzone 2, I might wait and buy it at a later time, I have a couple of FPS, so I don't want to get another one any time soon, for others, I'll have to wait and see.
 

Vater Unser

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
2,184
Trophies
0
Location
Pen Island
Website
Visit site
XP
109
Country
Gambia, The
The next Team Ico game, in case it's coming in 2009.
Otherwise, God of War 3.

Other games I'm looking forward to in 2009:
Yakuza 3, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, MAG, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Bionic Commando, Afrika, Noby Noby Boy.

It's a great year to own a PS3. There's no way the X360, let alone the Wii, will surpass that line-up this year. Only two of these games I listed will be hitting the 360, and I'm having my doubts that any of these exclusive PS3 games will NOT be AAA titles. That's a lot to catch up to, and unfortunately I don't see that many great X360 games coming this year to stand up against the PS3's line-up. I'd even go as far as to say that, so far, Alan Wake is the only one even comparable to any of these PS3 games. Though, if strategy games and add-ons to old games you know in and out are your thing, you'll probably say otherwise.
 

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
1,882
Trophies
0
XP
352
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
The next Team Ico game, in case it's coming in 2009.
Otherwise, God of War 3.

Other games I'm looking forward to in 2009:
Yakuza 3, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, MAG, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Bionic Commando, Afrika, Noby Noby Boy.

It's a great year to own a PS3. There's no way the X360, let alone the Wii, will surpass that line-up this year. Only two of these games I listed will be hitting the 360, and I'm having my doubts that any of these exclusive PS3 games will NOT be AAA titles. That's a lot to catch up to, and unfortunately I don't see that many great X360 games coming this year to stand up against the PS3's line-up. I'd even go as far as to say that, so far, Alan Wake is the only one even comparable to any of these PS3 games. Though, if strategy games and add-ons to old games you know in and out are your thing, you'll probably say otherwise.

I agree, there isn't much for 360 this year, unless there's a surprise at E3.

Although, I'm kinda interested to see how Age of Conan plays out on 360
 

MiloFoxburr

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
281
Trophies
0
Location
Ireland
Website
Visit site
XP
166
Country
Awdofgum said:
I agree, there isn't much for 360 this year, unless there's a surprise at E3.

Although, I'm kinda interested to see how Age of Conan plays out on 360

Microsoft seldom blow there load early when it comes to game announcements. For example Gears of War 2 was announced in February 08 and released November.

PS3 is looking like it'll have a good year gaming wise but I'm not actually interested in any titles besides FF13 (I'll get the Japanese version) same with the 360 (Only interested in SO4 at the moment).

Oh inFamous looks interesting I loved Crackdown so I'll probably pick that up.
 

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
1,882
Trophies
0
XP
352
Country
United States
To everyone that chose FFXIII:
Are you planning on importing Final Fantasy XIII?

What about heavy rain?
That looks interesting.
 

blueskies

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
826
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
XP
283
Country
United States
Not really looking forward to God of War 3 (though those lion head gauntlets looks pretty sweet). I didn't know there was a new Ico-ish game coming. I never finished Ico because I broke the disc halfway through and never bothered rebuying it, and I sold my PS2 before I finished Shadow of the Colossus, so a new game in that vein would be very cool. I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII of course.
 

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
2,052
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Vancouver, BC
Website
Visit site
XP
352
Country
Canada
Awdofgum said:
To everyone that chose FFXIII:
Are you planning on importing Final Fantasy XIII?

If the release date difference between the Japanese and North American version is more than 2 months, I'm importing no-brainer.
If FF13 gets a nearly simultaneous release, then it's Square Enix's loss; I won't be "buying" it.
 

Wii-Nis

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
74
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Dirty Jerzy
Website
Visit site
XP
75
Country
United States
most of the games you guys want are not exclusives....the only exclusive ps3 title ive seen on this list so far is GOD OF WAR 3, and that game was the only reason i bought a ps3 last year, i still have no ps3 games
 

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
2,052
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Vancouver, BC
Website
Visit site
XP
352
Country
Canada
Wii-Nis said:
most of the games you guys want are not exclusives....

If someone only has a PS3, listing a multiplatform game is perfectly reasonable.
I have both PS3 and 360 but I still play a LOT of multiplatform games. Being available for another system doesn't turn a good game into a bad game.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can't we just use a car radiator at that point? Lol