ctsman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys my first post!

I am having issues getting more then 1 controller to work for SNESx emulator or Homebrew channel for the matter. I don't know if there's an additional step I need to do or a file I need to install - but here's my problem.

When I connect to the Homebrew channel both my controllers turn off. I have to turn them on again when I am in the Homebrew channel but only my first controller connects - my 2nd controller will not. The 2nd controller won't work or even detect in any apps within the Homebrew channel - just sits there scanning and eventually stops. Any suggestions? I really need this working tonight because I planned on playing some NHL94 with my buddy tonight. All help is appreciated thank

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You only need 1 Wiimote for the Homebrew Channel.

For the SNES Emulator, it depends which version your using.

The best version released officially is Snes9x GX 004:
Code:
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8292

ctsman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
You only need 1 Wiimote for the Homebrew Channel.

For the SNES Emulator, it depends which version your using.

The best version released officially is Snes9x GX 004:
Code:
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8292

Yeah it still doesn't work - at what point is it supposed to detect my controller? I seem to have the same problem with GenPlus - I can't get anything to detect my other controller once using a homebrew app. I've switched my controllers in the Wii controller setup and when I go into Homebrew it still sets my first controller back to the first port LOL. Really frustrating since I need to get this up and running for tonight; my buddy is an advid NHL 94 fan like myself
smile.gif

ctsman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
GC controller?

No I've tried using just the Wiimote and also using the classic controller. Really weird issue - I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my other remote though it works fine on regular Wii games.

ctsman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Your Wiimotes are hard synced to the Wii right?

Not synced via the Wii Home Button Menu right?

You are my new best friend!!! I worked on this all day and after some more testing I found that even if I setup my 2nd controller as #1 and my first controller as #2; controller 1 would go back to being setup as controller 2. So I took the batteries out of my first controller and had my 2nd controller set as #1 and it would just turn off in Homebrew. Further testing showed that GenPlus wouldn't even detect Wiimote2. So I decided to come back on and found your reply and researched "hard sync"... after about 10 minutes of trying to sync them up I did it. Both controllers stayed on in Homebrew and both now work in my emulators.

So I wanted to thank you so much for pointing this unknown fact to me - I didn't know bluetooth was so picky!! You are the man - and thanks to everyone else that contributed!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle