More than 1 Firmware on M3DS REAL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by her0, Oct 5, 2009.

1. her0
    OP

her0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

first of all, i wanna say thank you to the everybody on this site, for hosting thoose great applications, firmwares, skins, etc..

My problem is:

I want to use the DSTwitter 1.5v on my M3 DS Real. Normaly, I have the sakura firmware, but DSTwitter won't work on that. So I tested the normal firmware, and it worked.
    Is there a way to have two firmwares on one card? (The sakura for video, mp3, etc... - as standart?) and the normal firmware for dstwitter?

You see, I'm new to that card. And I hope you can help me!

PS: my english isn't so well, because I'm from germany.

Have a nice day!

2. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Sakura as 2 firmware - Sakura and Touchpod.

3. her0
    OP

her0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    so I just need to download the touchpod firmware, and open it in the sakura like any other .nds application?

4. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    no, you need to use a "new" sakura, which will allow you to select whether to use Sakura or TouchPod on boot when you launch it while keeping A pressed.

5. her0
    OP

her0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    at the moment I've got the "M3 Sakura v1.12+1 (US/EUR) FULL ENGLISH". So which sakura I'll need?

is that new sakura the same like "m3 triple loader"?

6. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    That thing is ancient. You will have the same in iSakuReal (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175999), which can run Sakura (default), TouchPod (X) and iTouch (Y). But to be up to date, I suggest you use the new 1.42 Sakura (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4808), which includes TouchPod selectable as mentioned in my previous post.

7. her0
    OP

her0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I downloaded the v1.42 including touchpod, but, you know what? I found out, that I actually don't need the touchpod. dstwitter (and dsnotes too) work on sakura 1.42.

Thanks so much for the support :]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice