Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which version of rxTools the alternate download is, but the specific download you need is the "data" folder the IDS generates. I've seen this problem more than once and a quick search for "rxTools data folder" should turn up the right results to find the download.

As for your other queries:
#2, A NNID can only be linked to one console at a time. By formatting the linked NAND through TinyFormat, you'd be effectively locking yourself out of that NNID, as neither of the NANDs would recognize the NNID as not being linked or vice versa. It's poo, but it's the way Nintendo built the system.
I found a version of Rxtools that works for me.

Are you sure this is true? I can't keep my old NNID and re-download the games I already own? Should I redo this whole process with a "fake" NNID?

What's the worse thing that can happen by keeping them link?

So, isn't possible at all for one to have the NNID and other one to be unlinked. Can I recover my NNID if I decide to unlink?

Last edited by KingVamp,

kev s

Trophies
XP
Country
My mistake, formatting on the script got messed up somewhere along the way and 4 lines got crunched up into 1.
Try this:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
bitsadmin /transfer FIRM /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049 "%~dp0\firm.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer TWL /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000202/0000000B "%~dp0\twl.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer AGB /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000102/00000016 "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause
copy /b "%~dp0\firm.bin"+"%~dp0\twl.bin"+"%~dp0\agb.bin" "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
del"%~dp0\firm.bin"
del"%~dp0\twl.bin"
del"%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause

When I run the script nothing happens.

Would any kind soul mind PM me the required firmware file?

WakingMavUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did the same thing, but when I ran the .bat nothing was downloading in the cmd prompt window.
first: did you put a space between del and "? Do it, because you will have 3 different files instead of one.
Did you save your file selecting "all files"?

I have two questions: when I restore the backup after formatting the SD through emunand9, do I have to put in even the NAND.bin I created or not?
For you guys, what's the better choice: keep the NANDs linked or not?

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys want to share what I've done earlier.

Unit: New 3DS XL (Black)
Entry point: Ironhax
Downgraded from 10.3.0-28U to 9.2.0-20U
Remarks: Tried several times, either the black screen with sysupdater or "Failed to get CIA file info" using Menuhax, OOT Hax and Ironhax, but after more than 10 attempts, it worked using Ironhax

Unit: New 3DS XL (Red)
Entry point: Menuhax
Downgraded from 10.3.0-28U to 9.2.0-20U
Remarks: Tried with OOT, did not work but 2nd attempt using Menuhax worked

Unit: 3DS (Original Aqua Blue)
Entry point: OOT Hax
Downgraded from 9.5.0-23U to 9.2.0-20U
Remarks: Succeeded in 1st attempt

I will use CFW for all of our 3DS's, as far as I know, with 2DS/O3DS supports the latest fw emunand.

This will be my 1st attempt with N3DS CFW/Emunand, what is the latest firmware supported for the emunand?

Thanks.

WakingMavUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I did everything, divided the two NANDs too.
When I'm in Emu and I go into the settings, when I go back in the home I'm in the sysnand. Why?

Spatchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the advantage is having a permanent access to homebrew via homebrewlauncher cia or CN/IF cia? That is, until, Big N somehow finds a way to combat emunand for O3ds.
so you're saying it's not worth it if I already have menuhax and am not planning on upgrading?

GigamanTheSinner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Last edited by GigamanTheSinner,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's a bunch of random questions. Mainly because I'm not sure I grasp how this works after everything is said and done and I'm not the type to just jump in and just see how everything ends up.
I already got ironfall and homemenuhax and the changed dns settings, so I'd pretty much skip right to the downgrading part, right?

After downgrading is done, hopefully without any issues, I'll basically have two independent systems, the sysnand on the exploitable firmware and the emunand on the most current one, yes?
With the sysnands main use being to boot me into ctrmanager by holding L (or whatever menuhax button isconfigured?), from where i can start rxtools, homebrew or the sysnand and emunand system? and from where i can, among other things, install homebrew and such to emunand? (i seriously have to find some videos that show off how this all looks and acts and works once you're done with everything...)

I'm then not really supposed to be using this sysnand actively anymore, other than for getting to rxtools and emunand and for gba games and dsiware?
So is there any reason to keep any currently installed games and programs (besides ironfall with 9.2.0-20 exploit save) on the sysnand side of things? Before starting any of this, should I just uninstall everything besides ironfall from my 3ds? if only to make the 'backup your sd card' steps less of a hassle?

Can I just remove wifi settings/enter tubehax dns in sysnand and never have to worry about sysnand trying to update itself from then on?

After downgrading and unlinking the nands, to get my games and gameupdates back, I'll want to have my nnid on the emunand and not the sysnand, right? Because people seem to get errors when both nands have the same NNID?

What would be the easiest way to go about this?
In the OP, it says "If you'd like to keep your sysNAND data in your emuNAND, use TinyFormat on your sysNAND instead. Of course, you'll have to install FBI to sysNAND first." It sounds like thats what I want, but is it? And if it is, is the general procedure the same, but on step 4. Install TinyFormat.cia to SD card. I just chose like sysnand or whatever?
Tinyformat does not delete menuhax or ironfall/hax or anything, yes?

So much for general questions about setting everything up once downgraded.

Can i simply update firmware on emunand, or do i have to use fbi with a file similar to the 9.2. downgrade archive to update

Just one more question, homebrew such as playcoinsetter, once this is all setup, will it just naturally affect only emunand? And games that use the playcoins will just access the emunands playcoins, when they're started from emunand?

A big thanks to whoever might take the time to answer all of this.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: KingVamp
Trophies
Country
Canada
Since the 3DS scene is on red alert because of the keynote from a while ago, I decided to write a catch-all guide to installing Menuhax and Ironhax through Browserhax, downgrading to a fully exploitable System version and installing CFW.

First and foremost:

STOP UPDATING. STAY ON 10.3 OR WHATEVER FIRMWARE YOU'RE ON (SPECIALLY THOSE ON 9.0-9.2), THIS IS THE LATEST EXPLOITABLE FIRMWARE.
If a system firmware update has been released and you're on a firmware above 9.8 and below the latest firmware, you need to set the blocker DNS before proceeding. You can read about this in the 'WHAT'S THIS ABOUT DNS?' section of this guide.

1. Download the Homebrew Starter Kit from https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
2. Place the contents in the root of your SD card
3. Visit http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php and follow the instructions. If this doesn't work, the specific versions are listed below:
4a. Old 3DS, System Ver. <= 10.1.0-27: http://yls8.mtheall.com/sliderhax.php
4b. Old 3DS, System Ver. = 10.3.0-28: http://yls8.mtheall.com/spider28hax.php
4c. New 3DS, System Ver. <= 10.1.0-27: http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php
4d. New 3DS, System Ver. = 10.3.0-28: http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php

You should now see the Homebrew Menu. If you don't, restart the console and try again. Clearing the cookies and cache in your browser helps.
The next step is installing a new entrypoint.
You have two entrypoints available for install from here: Menuhax and Ironhax.
You'll most likely want to get Menuhax, but Ironhax is also an available option. Most people usually get either Menuhax or both.

MENUHAX (REQUIRES FIRMWARE VERSION ABOVE 9.0):

1. Open the Menuhax_Manager app.
2. Hit 'Install'.
3. You're done.
OPTIONAL: Hit 'Setup a built-in Home Menu 'Basic' color theme' to use a different theme with Menuhax.​
To activate: Hold L while starting up your 3DS to open the Homebrew Menu.

CAUTION: Don't change your Home Menu theme after installing this, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Doing so will uninstall Menuhax and render it unusable. You can, however, install custom themes by dropping body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm into the menuhax_manager folder and selecting Install custom theme.

IRONHAX (REQUIRES AN NNID AND MENUHAX):

1. Open the eShop - Old Version Downloader app through Menuhax.
2. Download Ironfall Invasion
3. Restart and open the Homebrew Menu (Using either Menuhax or Browserhax)
4. Open the Ironhax Installer app.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions. Your Ironfall version will most definitely be 1.0. System Version will be whatever you wrote down during the first guide, and the save slot doesn't matter.
6. You're done.
To activate: Open Ironfall Invasion and open the save slot you installed the exploit to.

CAUTION: Don't update Ironfall Invasion after installing this, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. The game will update to an unexploitable version.

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT DNS?:

System Versions 9.9 and above force you to update to use the Browser, as it checks with Nintendo's servers if the console is on the latest firmware to prevent exploitation. The current System Firmware as of this guide, 10.3, is exploitable as well as not needing the DNS. As soon as a new update is out, this will no longer be the case.
DON'T OPEN THE 3DS INTERNET BROWSER IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE AND ARE ABOVE 9.8, YOU'LL RENDER IT COMPLETELY UNUSABLE. FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW BEFORE YOU TRY TO DO SO.

To change your DNS settings to bypass this:
1. Open System Settings.
2. Go to Internet Settings > Connection Settings. Edit your main connection settings.
3. Set Auto-Obtain DNS to 'No' and enter 107.211.140.065 under both DNS slots.
4. Do this for all your other connections, if any.

IF THE DNS DOESN'T WORK AND GIVES YOU A BROWSER NAG, THAT MEANS YOU HAVEN'T USED THE BROWSER SINCE UPGRADING TO 9.9. Either use a different entrypoint like ninjhax, smashhax or oot3dhax or update to 10.3 before it's too late.

DOWNGRADING:

Apparently downgrading is less incredibly dangerous than it was about two days ago, so O3DS users can more-or-less safely try it. N3DS users are advised to be cautious and not go ahead unless they know exactly what they're doing.
Don't hold me responsible if this bricks your console: YOU VOLUNTEERED TO TRY IT.
NOTE: DELETE 000400102002CA00.cia FROM THE PACKAGE IF YOUR CONSOLE IS A JAPANESE N3DS.

REQUIREMENTS:
sysUpdater + Libkhax build (Taken from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820)
Having your 3DS charging during the process
Update package: I can't help you with this.
However, I can give you the checksums for known tested downgrade packages:
O3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: 879f437d7c78f09ae565f79f5aa9c421
SHA-1: ccc272c495a84aa49f8db2da6072a79a73053e19​
O3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: caec3e015bc065dd0ca512f219c8fc3c
SHA-1: 63f0e83892af0f43d159685b4d775e09360552e4​
O3DS 9.2.0-20J:
MD5: a7c14f50e553d99d93efd3a8dd4f8b9d
SHA-1: 422af53b07c270d65bf443d09736f3d1c540641c​

N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e
SHA-1: 377c140377fb6cf31a0c032c4e1196cc521f87fe​
N3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e​
N3DS 9.2.0-20J:
MD5: f46677696ed4bf0e182de5a8168b7542
SHA-1: c9a1aaf4a4923fb5e065546da5c4a4da37aafdb2​

1. Extract sysUpdater to your /3ds/ folder.
2. Extract the updates/ folder to your SD card root.
3. Run sysUpdater from Menuhax/Ironhax and press Downgrade.
4. Pray.
5. If all went well, you should now be on 9.2.0-20. If you're getting a black screen, you know the gist: You've got a brick. Restore your backup, and if you don't have one OR don't have a hardmod to restore it with, good going, I told you you needed a hardmod.
6. Reinstall Menuhax and/or update Ironhax to reflect your new firmware version by following the installation instructions above again.
7. Follow the Setting up CFW on 9.0-9.2 guide.

If you're getting a black screen on boot, try restarting with the SD card out of the console and then insert it and change the theme to wipe Menuhax.

INSTALLING CUSTOM FIRMWARE:

REQUIREMENTS:
Gateway's Launcher.dat
rxTools Nightly (Older nightlies reccomended for safety purposes, don't use the alpha nor the stable); Mirror
If you have blackscreening issues on boot, try this version of rxTools instead.
slot0x25KeyX.bin: Can't help you with that, it's against the rules
firmware.bin: Downloadable through the following Windows batch script:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
bitsadmin /transfer FIRM /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049 "%~dp0\firm.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer TWL /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000202/0000000B "%~dp0\twl.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer AGB /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000102/00000016 "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause
copy "%~dp0\firm.bin" /b + "%~dp0\twl.bin" /b + "%~dp0\agb.bin" /b "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
del "%~dp0\firm.bin"
del "%~dp0\twl.bin"
del "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause

1. Place Launcher.dat, the rxTools folder and slot0x25KeyX.bin into the SD card root. Place firmware.bin inside the rxTools/sys/ folder.
2. Go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com on the 3DS browser to launch the Gateway menu.
2a. Hit Backup System NAND.
3. Back up your SD card.
4. Format EmuNAND and hold the power button to shut down once it's finished.
5. Restore the SD card backup.
6. Go to http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rxTools/sys/code.bin on the 3DS browser and hold L to go into the rxTools menu.
7. Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Check TMD. Note down the Region and the Version.
8. From the rxTools .zip, go to release/Tools/fbi_injection and drag and drop fbi_inject.app and fbi_inject.tmd from the corresponding region and TMD to your SD card root.
8a. (4.0-4.5 ONLY): Open rxTools, go to System Settings and perform a System Update after making sure System Version says RX3D; AKA you're in EmuNAND.
9. Go back to the rxTools Menu.
10. Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Inject FBI.
11. Open rxTools.
12. You're done: You now have a linked EmuNAND.
To unlink NANDs, simply follow the Unlinking NANDs guide. I highly reccomend read the Final touches to CFW guide, as well.
REQUIREMENTS:
rxTools Nightly (Older nightlies reccomended for safety purposes, don't use the alpha nor the stable); Mirror
If you have blackscreening issues on boot, try this version of rxTools instead.
EmuNAND9
CTRBootManager
firmware.bin:
O3DS: Downloadable through the following Windows .bat script:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
pause
pause
pause
copy "%~dp0\firm.bin" /b + "%~dp0\twl.bin" /b + "%~dp0\agb.bin" /b "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
del "%~dp0\firm.bin"
del "%~dp0\twl.bin"
del "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause

N3DS: firmware9.5.bin/firmware9.2.bin on Google. Rename to firmware.bin. That's all I can say. For good measure, also download ReiNAND 2.1. Extract its firmware.bin to rxtools/data. Rename to 0004013820000002.bin if using the Nightly or rename to 0004013820000002orig.bin if using the alternate version.​
boot.cfg:
Code:
// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
   // Default timeout in secondes
   // If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
   timeout = 3;

// Some devices (n3ds?) seems to have
   // some timing problems when using timeout=0 (autoboot).
   // You may increase this value to improve boot success rate.
   // Default delay (8) should be good for o3ds, 2 seems good for n3ds
   autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
   // hold this key to enter the menu
   // keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
   recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry
   default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
   entries =
   (
     {
       title  = "rxTools";
       path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
       offset = "0x12000";
     },
     {
       title  = "HomeBrewMenu";
       path = "/HBL8.3dsx";
     }
   );
};

1. Place the rxTools folder and boot.cfg in your SD card's root. Place firmware.bin in /rxTools/sys/. Place 3DS/EmuNAND9 into the 3ds/ folder. Don't do anything with CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx yet.
2. Open the Homebrew Launcher
3. Open EmuNAND9
4. (Optional, but highly reccomended) EmuNAND Manager Options > Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin (In case you ever end up needing a hardmod)
5. Eject your SD card by pressing SELECT and physically ejecting
6. Back up all the contents of your SD card to your PC and place NAND.bin somewhere secure away from the backup
7. Insert your SD card back in the console and press B
8. Select Complete EmuNAND Setup and follow the instructions. THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR ENTIRE SD CARD.
9. Switch the console off and restore your SD card backup
10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx into your SD card root
(N3DS USERS: SKIP STEPS 11-16, YOU'LL HAVE TO INJECT FBI MANUALLY WITH THIS)
11. Menuhax should now lead you to the CTRBootManager screen. From here, you can launch rxTools or the Homebrew Launcher.
12. Hold L while opening rxTools to enter the rxTools Menu
13. Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Check TMD. Note down the Region and the Version.
14. From the rxTools .zip, go to release/Tools/fbi_injection and drag and drop fbi_inject.app and fbi_inject.tmd from the corresponding region and TMD to your SD card root.
15. Go back to rxTools Menu.
16. Advanced > Install FBI > emuNAND > Inject FBI.
17. Open rxTools.
18. You're done: You now have a linked EmuNAND.

If you're getting a black screen while booting rxTools, either emuNAND booting is triggering Menuhax due to the theme payload still being present or you're experiencing an unknown problem. If it's the former, try holding/not holding the button combination you set to not trigger Menuhax. If it's the latter, try the alternate rxTools.zip download.

To unlink NANDs, simply follow the Unlinking NANDs guide. I highly reccomend read the Final touches to CFW guide, as well.

Here are some things you should know:
NNID can and will most likely act funny if you have an associated NNID in SysNAND.
You will not be able to play DSiWare/GBA VC titles directly from EmuNAND, but:
1. It's a lot safer
2. It makes SysNAND and EmuNAND act as completely different systems
3. It fixes that obnoxious giftwrap glitch,
4. It allows you to change themes freely without changing it in SysNAND and ruining your Menuhax

REQUIREMENTS:
TinyFormat

1. Put TinyFormat.cia somewhere on your SD card.
2. Boot up EmuNAND.
3. Go into Health & Safety: This will open FBI instead.
4. Install TinyFormat.cia to SD card.
5. Go back to the home menu and open TinyFormat.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Reboot your emuNAND.
8. Perform First Time Setup.
9. SysNAND and EmuNAND are now two seperate entities. As long as you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you're in EmuNAND, it's safe to run System Update.
If you'd like to keep your sysNAND data in your emuNAND, use TinyFormat on your sysNAND instead. Of course, you'll have to install FBI to sysNAND first.
NOTE FOR N3DS USERS: Since 9.6+ firmwares aren't accessible on emuNAND, you'll have to update to 9.5.0-23 through sysUpdater or stay on 9.2.0-20 for the time being.
Some things I'd like to add for a more or less wholesome EmuNAND "experience":

1. Update FBI by installing the new version (Found at https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases) using the Health & Safety FBI.
2. Don't attempt to update EmuNAND through installed software.
3. You can solve 'No Database' errors in FBI by opening the eShop and closing it in EmuNAND.

4. Some software I reccomend:
Rinnegatamante's CHMM
NTR CFW
FTBrony
GYTB
Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher .CIA (Requires editing on the payload .bin (Hold the Y button whilst opening the app to download) to make it read HBL8.3dsx instead of boot.3dsx, simple find and replace, can be done even by Notepad++)
microSD Management (Which actually works on O3DS too)
PlayCoinSetter
An exploitable version of the Internet Browser
Flashcart Whitelist
SaveDataFiler
I can't link some of this software due to dubious legality and compliance with forum rules, so figure that out yourself.

To the smart people:
If I've missed anything in this guide or there are any mistakes, let me know.
I did all of this...... I tried it three times or so on my N3DSXL running 10.3.0-28U and I always get a red screen. I know I am using the right website, because I used:
4d. New 3DS, System Ver. = 10.3.0-28: http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php
and just a red screen on the touch screen. any help??? Oh, and yes my starter file is in the root of my SD card.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did all of this...... I tried it three times or so on my N3DSXL running 10.3.0-28U and I always get a red screen. I know I am using the right website, because I used:
and just a red screen on the touch screen. any help??? Oh, and yes my starter file is in the root of my SD card.

so you're already having trouble with browserhax?
did you unpack the starterkit to the root of your sd right (with boot.3dsx at the root?) just in case, get the kit again, a file might have been corrupted along the way
and did you try scanning the qr code on this website
http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

Trophies
Country
Canada
so you're already having trouble with browserhax?
did you unpack the starterkit to the root of your sd right (with boot.3dsx at the root?) just in case, get the kit again, a file might have been corrupted along the way
and did you try scanning the qr code on this website
http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
Now I fixed the problem. I had to move the boot3ds file from the starter file and place it on the root of my sd card. but another question is how do I get apps on the hombrew? I only get region free launcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5