Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3ds 10.0 and I formatted it and the SD card. I put in the dns and open the browser but it says that the browser can't be used at this moment try again later. Please help me.
You might be able to use it if you have to change your DNS settings (refer to the bottom of the post).

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3ds 10.0 and I formatted it and the SD card. I put in the dns and open the browser but it says that the browser can't be used at this moment try again later. Please help me.

Apparently that means your browser isn't verified and is trying to check Nintendo's server for the latest firmware version check but can't because of the DNS. Turn the DNS off, update to 10.3 and pray.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So now that I have menuhax and ironhax, I do not need to use the DNS trick anymore?
The DNS isn't necessary beyond installation of Ironhax and Menuhax, although it does mean that it's safe to open the browser on an outdated system version.
It's probably fine to turn it off and then turn it back on whenever it's needed again.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want to verify/ask for clarification,

when you said "OPTIONAL: Hit 'Setup a built-in Home Menu 'Basic' color theme' to use a different theme with Menuhax."

does that mean that doing this allows me to change my home theme? would i have to go into it every time i change my home theme or?

sorry if this is a really stupid question i'm just very confused

Last edited by regigiygas,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i just want to verify/ask for clarification,

when you said "OPTIONAL: Hit 'Setup a built-in Home Menu 'Basic' color theme' to use a different theme with Menuhax."
does that mean that doing this allows me to change my home theme? would i have to go into it every time i change my home theme or?
Basically, yeah.
You can also drop bgm.bcstm and body_LZ.bin from any unpacked theme into the menuhax_manager directory and use the Install custom theme option to load it.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, yeah.
You can also drop bgm.bcstm and body_LZ.bin from any unpacked theme into the menuhax_manager directory and use the Install custom theme option to load it.
(now this one's probably a stupid question)

so, with a built-in basic colour theme installed, i can change my home theme to any of the themes i've bought using the same process i'd use if i didnt install menuhax?

(i don't understand the second part im sorry)

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(now this one's probably a stupid question)

so, with a built-in basic colour theme installed, i can change my home theme to any of the themes i've bought using the same process i'd use if i didnt install menuhax?

(i don't understand the second part im sorry)
No, that'd uninstall Menuhax.
Instead, you would have to download or somehow unpack the theme you want to use and put the files from it into the /3ds/menuhax_manager folder on your SD card.
The body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm files are just theme files, the kind you'd get when downloading a homebrew theme to install through CHMM.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that'd uninstall Menuhax.
Instead, you would have to download or somehow unpack the theme you want to use and put the files from it into the /3ds/menuhax_manager folder on your SD card.
The body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm files are just theme files, the kind you'd get when downloading a homebrew theme to install through CHMM.
ohhh okay.

do you know if i'd be able to unpack a bought theme with CHMM2?
or is that just for custom themes?

(thank you for bearing with me, by the way. i really appreciate it)

Last edited by regigiygas,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep trying to download Ironfall through the old-version downloader, but I get this error.
f4ShUuA.png

What does it mean?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep trying to download Ironfall through the old-version downloader, but I get this error.
f4ShUuA.png

What does it mean?
what ds do you have?
what system version?
is this error being encountered when trying to go into the eshop or before starting the ironfall download?

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what ds do you have?
what system version?
is this error being encountered when trying to go into the eshop or before starting the ironfall download?
I have an O3DS 10.3.
This error pops up when I hit 'Proceed to Download' on the Ironfall page.
I'm running the homebrew through Menuhax 2.1.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the eshop to work or the smash DLC shop, is it because of the DNS? becuase I deleted it and it still doesn't work.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS 10.3.
This error pops up when I hit 'Proceed to Download' on the Ironfall page.
I'm running the homebrew through Menuhax 2.1.
is your wifi enabled?

if it is and youre still getting the error, maybe try downloading it thru browserhax?
that's how i got it (n3ds, 10.3)

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ohhh okay.

do you know if i'd be able to unpack a bought theme with CHMM2?
or is that just for custom themes?

(thank you for bearing with me, by the way. i really appreciate it)
Nope, CHMM only installs themes, doesn't quite unpack legit themes.
There's a few sites you can download eShop themes from, but obviously I can't point you towards those here.

-damn son that's a big image-
What does it mean?
Yeah, I got that trying to run the eShop installer too. EDIT: For the first time, anyway.
The success rate on the old eShop downloader is way way below 90% and it's pretty clunky to get working, as evidenced by having to use Menuhax.
It WORKS, but I'm not sure that it works too well.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,
Reactions: PF2M

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, CHMM only installs themes, doesn't quite unpack legit themes.
There's a few sites you can download eShop themes from, but obviously I can't point you towards those here.
i gotcha. so from my understanding, ironhax is my best bet because of how often i change themes

thank you so much for your help, youre wonderful!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1