Hacking more fun with flashme

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
having fun trying to flash a ds lite with flashme. i bridged the 2 connections, and nothing... stuck on 0%. tried different types of wire, different conducting materials, and still nothing.

so then i took an old replacement shell, hacked a big hole in it with the dremel so i could access the connections better. placed a wire Directly on the SL1 connections......

STILL NOTHING?... ok now its on like donkey kong.....the gloves are coming off! this piece of @#$% is getting flashed one way or another.

i dropped a giant glob of hot solder directly on the SL1. yeah now it works. i suspect that later models of ds lite had some kind of resin coating placed over the SL1 to prevent hacking. well thats one problem solved, but now the next challenge is to get the solder off of it. gonna have to wait for radio shack to open so i can get a new soldering iron.

289h643.jpg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You most likely weren't using the right metal or pressure. I've flashed all versions of DS Lite from the oldest to the newest without problem.

Also I really wouldn't suggest soldering that, I am pretty sure you are going to encounter new problems now.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just reheat the solder.
Then take it off with the iron itself.
It might take a while but it works ;]

what tool is best for taking it off?

the battery operated soldering irons are only like 10W. need high heat or flux to remove it with desoldring braid.

i suppose i could keep rubbing it until it reaches he edge of the board. maybe better wait until i get a adjustible heat iron

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a normal soldering iron.
10w or 20w for sure.
Desoldering braid is indeed the best.
But you can just heat up the solderblob and take the solder off by the iron it self.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1