Hacking Moonshell2 for R4 by FairyWings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty good. The GUI looks nice, but there's just one problem.

EDIT: Nvm. It's good. It seems like it can't really support that much Cheat Codes ( like when you want a specific cheat code to be on, and if there is a lot of cheat codes for one game, it won't display it )

lmcbb

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am r4ymond said:

EDIT: Nvm. It's good. It seems like it can't really support that much Cheat Codes ( like when you want a specific cheat code to be on, and if there is a lot of cheat codes for one game, it won't display it )

Press Left or right button you can get more cheat codes.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmcbb said:
I am r4ymond said:

Press Left or right button you can get more cheat codes.

Wow, didn't see that. Left off by some little thing. Ugh, thanks.
smile.gif
I have to format my microSD again.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
fearofshorts said:
Also it is a stolen firmware and is plagiarized from poor moonlight.
And you can just use moonshell 2.06 with YSloader and get a legit, stable version of moonshell 2 that has the rom-loader of YSMenu.

It isnt stolen Moonshell is based on GPL code which means he has to release his source code. Don't talk shit when you dont know anything.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the DSTT version niu posted above. Works as I assume it should on a Supercard DS-One using the triple loader (meaning Moonshell boots in place of the DSTT firmware) And for the record, it may just be me, but this loader seems a little different and more compatible than the Ysloader. The loading animation is different, and I was able to boot a game I thought was corrupted before (Dragon Quest 9, which wouldn't load properly in ysmenu for some reason). How strange.

Few notes for the DSTT version-

- can't change language to english. I assume some things changed in the hack which makes moonshell corrupt if you attempt to change the language.

- cheats are weird. With my custom cheat datafile in the moonshell folder, it seems to not be able to load any of those cheats, but rather, a pre existing amount that are the same for all games. I see options for things like the ability to use a motion pack (slot 2) to control the game. No game specific cheats.

So, has some flaws. Good start though. I assume the R4 version works great though.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
granville said:
I tested the DSTT version niu posted above. Works as I assume it should on a Supercard DS-One using the triple loader (meaning Moonshell boots in place of the DSTT firmware) And for the record, it may just be me, but this loader seems a little different and more compatible than the Ysloader. The loading animation is different, and I was able to boot a game I thought was corrupted before (Dragon Quest 9, which wouldn't load properly in ysmenu for some reason). How strange.

Few notes for the DSTT version-

- can't change language to english. I assume some things changed in the hack which makes moonshell corrupt if you attempt to change the language.

- cheats are weird. With my custom cheat datafile in the moonshell folder, it seems to not be able to load any of those cheats, but rather, a pre existing amount that are the same for all games. I see options for things like the ability to use a motion pack (slot 2) to control the game. No game specific cheats.

So, has some flaws. Good start though. I assume the R4 version works great though.

Replace the language files in the dstt version with the language files from my version, I translated it to english.

The problem with cheats is because of the first entry in narins database breaks shit delete that and it works perfectly.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can some1 show me how to use it on a dstt. What version of moonshell is this? How is it better than 2.06+ysloader.

Edit: ok i got it to work with dstt, now how is it better compared to moonshell 2.06+ysmenu?

And can i just delete ysmenu off my card with this?

Can you load cheats with it?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Nice thing to note is that compatibility isn't as great as TTMENU a07.
Also, not all your saves will work and this will not detect your 3-1 cart

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
It isnt stolen Moonshell is based on GPL code which means he has to release his source code. Don't talk shit when you dont know anything.

I was wrong, sure, but look- just because I was wrong doesn't mean you have to flame me.
All I knew was that moonlight has had issues with people using his IP, I didn't know Moonshell 2 was released under the GPL.
Plus my suggestion is still valid, and possibly is or was useful too judging by the complaints written here by some.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol