ROM Hack Moonshell on 3DS

aladerp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm preparing for my new acekard 2i :D so I downloaded a DPG converter to convert my Death Note episodes. I noticed that their video size were 256x192. How do videos on moonshell on 3ds look? Is the video quality good? Is there a way to get the videos to play using the whole top screen?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They look the same as (or worse than) any DS video stuff, since 256x192 is the DS's resolution.
You can get the videos to stretch the top screen (just like normal games), but that makes them blurrier and doesn't allow any higher quality.

A DS flash cart is a poor choice for a video player nowadays, sorry.

aladerp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They look the same as (or worse than) any DS video stuff, since 256x192 is the DS's resolution.
You can get the videos to stretch the top screen (just like normal games), but that makes them blurrier and doesn't allow any higher quality.

A DS flash cart is a poor choice for a video player nowadays, sorry.

Derp, looks like I'll stick to my ipod touch for videos then. >.>

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds can play videos on its own if you didn't know.
It's limited to 10min clips, so you'd have to split them. Other than that issue, it plays 2d and 3d movies just fine.
Until it's hacked and something like moonshell made for it, that's the only way to play movies with fairly good quality on 3ds without netflix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.