Hacking Moonshell 2.10 Freezes on AKAIO

d3monsting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. I'm having a slight issue with Moonshell 2.10 (or possibly A.K.A.I.O.), where Moonshell freezes easily.... you can play a song and that all seems to be somewhat decent, though some songs tend to randomly glitch for a few seconds (which I guess has to do with the file format?). On Moonshell videos, when I want to skip to the middle, with the little bar thingy, it freezes for a very long time.... so I wait, and then after about 120 seconds, the video finally skips to that point. I was previously using Moonshell (the 1st version thing?) on the original R4DS, and did not have skipping problems in videos, however I have not tried MS2.10 on the R4. I have not yet tried Moonshell (the 1st) on AKAIO, though I really would prefer to find a way to (a) make songs not skip, if possible, and (b) be able to skip through videos without Moonshell 2.10 freezing easily. I have tried the Panasonic Formatter, and all the basic trouble shooting steps, to no avail. Thanks in advance for your assistance, and I apologize if this issue has already been solved in another post, as I have not found relevant results using the GBAtemp search (although my terms may be incorrect).

EDIT: http://filetrip.net/f4521-Moonshell-2-AK2.html

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Try another microSD or maybe "paper trick" will help...
It is just only idea.

btw. didnt write what ds / ak you use.

I got AK2i (fixed for dsi 1.4) on DSL, with akaio 1.6 RC2. 8GB Nokia microSD, formated to fat32 (win + panasonic formater)
Moonshell 2.10 works without problem.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For your video problems, its probably due to the fact that you are using an older .dpg format (if they play on moonshell, then they are either .dpg0, .dpg1, or .dpg2). If you reconvert the videos with the dpgtools included in the moonshell2 download, there is virtually no delay in jumping and very little, if any, macro-blocking (since it uses .dpg4 perfectly =D).

For freezing issues, make sure that all of the regular stuff is out of the way (reformat, contacts, etc.) and then just make sure that the Disk Check is always turned off (it doesn't play in step with Acekards for some odd reason).

The extlink that you added shouldn't even work if you are using Moonshell2.10 because Moonshell2 restricts the execution of commercial roms (really its stops all things that happen to have a Game ID I think...since that was what was screwing with me when I played around with the PPSEDS homebrew). The only time this extlink would work is when the .nds file is too large for moonshell2's internal loader and extra loaders (the _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds and _vh.xxxxxxxxxx.nds).

I'm not sure what could be causing your songs to skip...I know that note dense midi files happen to have some issues (stuttering and one or two other odd quirks), though I haven't really tried many of the other formats that moonshell2 supposedly supports (I'm guessing you have either .mp3 or .flac files though...both work for me though).

The problems with moonshell2 are never flashcart specific (except for the diskcheck and the thing for EZ5 and SC users) xD. The only other flashcart specific things would be if it works or not on a flashcart. That said, there is no special version of Moonshell2 for any cart (although there is an alternative loader for certain carts that have some problem with sounds not being played).

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont like this moonshell you using, then I suggest getting Moonshell 2.08. Its good and nearly the same thing as 2.10 (but 2.10 does have different features, eg, the bottom screen goes black and idle if you dont touch it for approx 5 secs. Thats a good thing!)

d3monsting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
Try another microSD or maybe "paper trick" will help...
It is just only idea.

btw. didnt write what ds / ak you use.

I got AK2i (fixed for dsi 1.4) on DSL, with akaio 1.6 RC2. 8GB Nokia microSD, formated to fat32 (win + panasonic formater)
Moonshell 2.10 works without problem.
TY. I have tried the paper trick , unfortunately, nothing.

AK2i+DSi+8GB TAIWAN MADE KINGSTON FORMATTED TO FAT32 USING THE SD/PANASONIC FORMATTER
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jurassicplayer said:
For your video problems *snip*
TY.
I am using some WMA files... is that the possible issue? I guess it might be, since only those files tend to skip.... the thing about DPG, I did use the 2.10 converter...?
(what a lovely non-roundabout answer
smile.gif
)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight Loz @ adate
If you dont like this moonshell *snip*
TY.
ummph... It's not that I don't like this moonshell, but that it seems to be causing problems... or it's just me (which it is).... why would one use 2.08 over it? Are there reasons, is it more stable? or are you just saying that because you thought I wanted another version? lolz.

EDIT: Didn't want to do multiple posts, but the QUOTEY thing is quite complex to use... sections separated by '-----'....
Sorry if I messed up the quote things, or if I misused the *snip* term....

EDIT 2: Forgot 'TY'

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure its not a contact issue as mario kart would have told me if I removed the cart... - That rom issue was separate I think from moonshell, yet still... This is a moonshell issue as others have had the same issue.

d3monsting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spark1223 said:
I'm sure its not a contact issue as mario kart would have told me if I removed the cart... - That rom issue was separate I think from moonshell, yet still... This is a moonshell issue as others have had the same issue.
GREAT!
That's wonderful to here, that others have had the same issue
smile.gif
. Now that I am happy and reassured, how do I close/lock this thread thingy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1