Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-Switch - Nvidia Game Stream client

tushiwarashi

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there someone here using 20mb bitrate on moonlight-switch? How was your stream exp? Appearance quality? Decoding latency? I guess 10mb is the way to go... I got a 5ghz gigabit lan and a decent pc... Tried oc as well but theres like micro stutter and a little latency especially on mhrise steam... Overall its a great app...

Reactions: Putcharles

Lotus06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release v0.11 (Download link)

What's new:
  • Multiply controller support (up to 5)
  • Key combo for Mouse input mode
  • Chinese simplified localization
  • About app page
  • New touch to mouse gestures (tap as left click, 2 finger scroll)
Improvements:
  • Reduced memory leaks
  • Minor bugs fixed
Hello! I’m using this app connected with sunshine as my laptop is a intel gpu. It stream great for the most part but I keep occasionally get audio lag, frame delays, video stutters. Anyway to fix this? My pc is next to my router and I’m in my room with my switch. I also get bad connection warnings a few times, is my WiFi just unreliably bad? I’m using the default settings 720p, 10 bitrate and H.264. Would appreciate any advice

Last edited by Lotus06,

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I’m using this app connected with sunshine as my laptop is a intel gpu. It stream great for the most part but I keep occasionally get audio lag, frame delays, video stutters. Anyway to fix this? My pc is next to my router and I’m in my room with my switch. I also get bad connection warnings a few times, is my WiFi just unreliably bad? I’m using the default settings 720p, 10 bitrate and H.264. Would appreciate any advice
The switch wifi is particularly weak even with a good wifi router, and for best results I've had to have line-of-sight from the switch to the wifi router.

Alternatively get a switch compatible USB-C ethernet dongle and use that (I can confirm ethernet works in handheld mode).

Putcharles

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there someone here using 20mb bitrate on moonlight-switch? How was your stream exp? Appearance quality? Decoding latency? I guess 10mb is the way to go... I got a 5ghz gigabit lan and a decent pc... Tried oc as well but theres like micro stutter and a little latency especially on mhrise steam... Overall its a great app...

Working great for me at 10mb as well, specially on switch oled with that great screen size and colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natillax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I had a problem with moonlight.
When I tried to play Star Wars The Force Unleashed Sith Edition, the controller didn't work, only my keyboard.
How can I fix that?

Lotus06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch wifi is particularly weak even with a good wifi router, and for best results I've had to have line-of-sight from the switch to the wifi router.

Alternatively get a switch compatible USB-C ethernet dongle and use that (I can confirm ethernet works in handheld mode).
Unfortunately you’re right. I don’t know if sunshine is the issue, my laptop or my WiFi, i get a lot of lag streaming over WiFi no matter my settings. I don’t how all those other people have better results and it’s very upsetting. Only using the USB C dongle gives a smooth lag free experience

Last edited by Lotus06,

Lotus06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XITRIX hello I have a request! Can the mouse input mode menu fade away after you launch it? I’d really like the mouse input mode menu will all those keys to disappear from the top of the screen

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I've made it on purpose, to allow to use settings from moonlight-nx in my app on fly with already paired PC, I'm not sure why you need different settings in both apps, but I can make it optional.

etc...
Wowee, it's great that you take on such info from users and want to implement options to help. It can be a big task to cater for every users needs but it's great that you try to!

Great work with this, and thanks!

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hope he comes back and continues work on this great homebrew. It's the main joy of having a hacked switch for me.

Edit: Wow, this got updated 6 days ago. Gonna try the latest release. Thanks Xitrix!

Last edited by gouki99,

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Drifter7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone give a guide how to setup sunshine for streaming games to the moonlight switch app?
I tried setting it up and with the default settings the inputs through the joy-cons were not recognized, there was no sound and the latency was pretty bad... (there was a message on screen saying that the "connection is poor").

At the same time I have zero problems when using GeForce Experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1