Monster Hunter: World ships 5 million units on launch weekend

MonsterHunterWorld-5-1.jpg

Capcom's Monster Hunter is turning into a monster hit, as the latest title in the series, Monster Hunter: World has reportedly shipped over 5 million units over its launch weekend. While number shipped only means digital copies sold + physical copies sent to retailers, this is the most successful debut for the Monster Hunter franchise, and brings series lifetime sales up to 45 million units. While there are no exact sales numbers, World is topping the UK sales charts as well, and we'll be sure to see how well the game is doing in Japan when @T-hug does the weekly Media Create sales chart thread.

You can also read GBAtemp's official review of the game, linked below, where reviewer @MajinCubyan explains what makes the game so good, and gives it one of the highest scores GBAtemp has given to a game!

:arrow: GBAtemp Official Review
:arrow: Source

PocketQ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels good to see people appreciating this series. I could never get my friends into it, it was hard to for them to "get it", which was understandable because I didn't either on my first try with the series.

Can't wait for the PC version!

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Feels good to see people appreciating this series. I could never get my friends into it, it was hard to for them to "get it", which was understandable because I didn't either on my first try with the series.

Can't wait for the PC version!
Yeah, IMO the only thing that's been holding MH back is that it didn't have a full console/PC release until now. The combat controls are similar to Dark Souls in a way, so now that that's been popularized I'm thinking people are bound to love this.

Reactions: T-hug

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easily the best Monster Hunter ever made, improves on the previous ones in every way. Glad it's doing so well. Couldn't wait so I got it on PS4 but I'll probably get it again for PC.

Reactions: T-hug
D

Deleted User

What? Which code?
A random PSN code showed up on 4chan that was multiple use for some reason and a bunch of people got the deluxe edition for free with it. Capcom must've caught on because it only worked for a couple hours.

It was totally legit and my copy still works so I think they're just gonna let it slide.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A random PSN code showed up on 4chan that was multiple use for some reason and a bunch of people got the deluxe edition for free with it. Capcom must've caught on because it only worked for a couple hours.

It was totally legit and my copy still works so I think they're just gonna let it slide.
Sounds too good to be true, but oh well, i dont even like to check 4chan imageboards.

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It was released worldwide on the same day.

As a veteran Monster Hunter player since MHFU I've got to say I'm impressed with almost every single change they've made (with some elements needing small adjustments) and this game is not easy by any means (even though the experience from the previous games is very useful and many things still apply), it's just much more fluent and responsive, while keeping a lot of the classic monster hunter spirit in it.

Also there were numerous quality of life changes and if anything seems casualized, it's mostly because of the fact that we've got a true free roaming mode in this game,where you can not only spend hours in one session, but there is also a point to it.

e.g. Pickaxes are unlimited now, but it totally makes sense, given the fact, that you can spend 5-6 hours on 1 map without any loadings, because mining spots are respawning after some time, so are large monsters coming in and out the map. Not just that, but in one of available camps you can change weapons, items and take a quest without going back to the hub. Having a set limit of 5 would kill the actual purpose of the mode.

Last edited by Mefisteso,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yo