Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing DMC to Monster Hunter.....
THE STUPID! IT BURNS!!!!!

I'm sorry, but you DO realize those two games are completely different categories right? Shit you might as well have just compared it to Mario or Metroid.
Also it DOES give you a vast array of weapons at the start of the game you're given one of every weapon type so you can choose which style fits you best.
As far the combos, it's not a Platinum Game. It's mean to be semi-realism. I hate to put it like this but God-Eater is for the uh... younger audience if you will. Not saying it's not a good game, but because of the tools it gives you it is MUCH easier than Monster Hunter.

I'm not comparing them in terms of gameplay, I'm comparing a game with good, genuine difficulty to a game with (what I believe is) poor, inflated difficulty.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
That's not how that works.
You can not compare two games from separate game types and say "Well this was good. This was shit" it doesn't work that way.
That is quite literally like comparing apples to oranges. They're just so different they're not alike.

I'm sorry but DMC is easy as hell on it's base difficulties. Only on the higher difficulties does it become a challenge. Same with God Eater.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
That just doesn't make any sense. The REASON games are difficult is based of a myriad of factors. What's difficult for you may be super easy to someone else.
Have you ever tried the Souls games? (Demon's Souls and Dark Souls) I'm willing to bet you'd scream forced difficulty over clunky controls left and right.
I'm sorry but I can see why MH isn't right for you. You're just too bad at games that require you to actually think on your feet and be patient with things.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That just doesn't make any sense. The REASON games are difficult is based of a myriad of factors. What's difficult for you may be super easy to someone else.
Have you ever tried the Souls games? (Demon's Souls and Dark Souls) I'm willing to bet you'd scream forced difficulty over clunky controls left and right.
I'm sorry but I can see why MH isn't right for you. You're just too bad at games that require you to actually think on your feet and be patient with things.

So it seems the argument has boiled down to "You are bad at games and you don't understand."

Welp looks like your points just lost any edge to them.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
"I know it's your opinion but your opinion is just wrong." -Ben "Yahtzee" CroshawYour own quote is rather accurate here.

And it's also more of "Based on the way this argument is going, this is the only logical answer."
You have YET to provide an accurate point that hasn't been called PART OF THE GAME ON PURPOSE. You claim the heal animation is too slow, ever think there's a reason for that? Like having to plan out your heals or to make you avoid getting hit often so you don't have to worry about healing in the midst of battle?
You say the weapons are too slow/clunky, yet you don't say which ones you've tried. You never said you tried the dual sword, sword/board, or the long sword, or even a ranged weapon.
You claim the lack of lock-on was "taken away from you" when it was never given to you at the start.
You went in expecting anime-over-the-top-esque God Eater style gameplay and got semi-grounded in realism gameplay and said it was bad because of it's bad controls. Not because you just didn't like it. Oh no, you went and had to say it was bad because of X or Y, not that you're bad at it.

From what I can gather, you ARE bad at Monster Hunter because you wanted to be anime styled bad ass (not saying that's a bad thing, I personally like games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Viewtiful Joe, etc.) but got mad and couldn't combo into ridiculous chains or insta heal, so instead blamed the controls and other aspects.

shazwanmuhammad

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, Monster Hunter is like you are in a real hunting. That's why the Capcom make that game like a human that cannot move fast and swinging fast at all. At least, it's for someone like hunting monster.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I Do actually enjoy Monster Hunter, Although it gets better with other people.. I Don't mind how it plays but that could come with the fact I like MMORPG's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...