Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate just kinda sucks.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Hunter in general is shit.
It's shit at its core, unfortunately. Very clunky garbage gameplay that is heavily outclassed by many other games (though none on WiiU I think).

For some bizarre reason they've never thought to update their shitty combat, which is literally all the game is about. It baffles the mind that they keep releasing games yet never think to actually improve them.

The argument that people are just "bad" is a joke. I really can't see how anyone COULD be bad. There's nothing to be bad at. It's a horrendously simple game, even against the toughest things.
I think it's mostly people just trying to make themselves feel better for playing a shitty game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter in general is shit.
It's shit at its core, unfortunately. Very clunky garbage gameplay that is heavily outclassed by many other games (though none on WiiU I think).

For some bizarre reason they've never thought to update their shitty combat, which is literally all the game is about. It baffles the mind that they keep releasing games yet never think to actually improve them.

The argument that people are just "bad" is a joke. I really can't see how anyone COULD be bad. There's nothing to be bad at. It's a horrendously simple game, even against the toughest things.
I think it's mostly people just trying to make themselves feel better for playing a shitty game.
It's a lot like Dark Souls, where all the challenge is based on fighting the poor controls and bad design decisions.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a lot like Dark Souls, where all the challenge is based on fighting the poor controls and bad design decisions.

Hey now, Dark Souls is a masterpiece.
Assuming you don't play with Mouse and keyboard because...why would anyone do that.

Can't think of any poor design decisions either. Dark Souls is executed in a way that someone could theoretically beat it on their first play through without dying if they play well enough. As punishing as it is, it's almost, if not always player error.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Being that I'm not an MH fan I didn't really have expectations from this either being a good or bad game but after trying it out, I think I just don't like it.

- Graphics look PS2 upscaled.
- Can't take screenshots.
- Online's pretty much dead.
- The game feels lifeless and way too fucking boring.
- I love beating and slashing the crap out of monsters and robots but this wasn't it.

And lastly, why the hell does this game has so much praise? It hasn't aged well and definitely not worth the stupid amounts that sellers are asking for in Europe/UK.
Boo-hoo, another one who can't deal. If you don't like it, it ain't for you, bro. Monster Hunter is an acquired taste. Just because you can't deal with it doesn't mean it ain't good. You just can't deal with it, is all, and you blame the game. I've seen little kids that can hunt alongside their mom/dad (because I've hunted with them).

Little kids. And their complaint was that daddy was hogging all the fun and kept knocking them back.

So yeah, blame the game.

Reactions: Geno Breaker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-