Gaming Monster hunter 3 ultimate demo tomorrow. OMFGASDLFJASDFASDFLK!!!!!!!

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>can't play monster hunter

"JEEZ THIS GAME IS SO CLUNKY AND SHIT"

i'm kidding, at least with the PSP versions the camera is maneuverable using the claw method. This is just annoying to control. Won't be getting this one, I'm afraid.

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally loving it but I knew what to expect. can't stop playing it. plays like tri which I sunk lots of hours in so I knew the combat would be "clunky" but that's it's charm. would be like 100 times easier without the clunk, but then it wouldn't be monster hunter. it's definitely not for everyone. it is for me though ;)

Reactions: chavosaur

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
On land this felt ok to play, in water however... ugh, there is just no easy way to hold the 3DS whilst moving the cam, best way i could figure out was to use the touchscreen cam but even that is extremely awkward. Graphics wise the game looks good and plays exsactly the same as every monster hunter game iv ever played so thats good. Might still get this is if i can convince my friend to buy it but if not, i always have tri :)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine some exaggeration if newcomers to the series decided to grab "the big sword" and felt super slow. That's kind of the point, it's the slowest, but has more power behind each hit. Faster weapons like dual blades hit a lot of times in quick motions, but do less damage with each hit.

The camera controls though, that's completely agreeable even to a self proclaimed MH veteran like myself. (playing MH since PS2 here)

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is having trouble with the camera. I find the lock on to work pretty damn well, and the psp versions didn't have that either but I had no problem. With the circle pad pro I'm sure it will be better though, although I am not having a problem with using the digital pad on the bottom screen. But again I'm sure it will be much easier with the circle pad pro, the wiiu version definitely has better camera controls. maybe I'm just used to it or something but I don't find the camera to be hard to use at all. Underwater I agree, it's definitely much more difficult on both systems. I never got used to it in tri and probably won't get used to it in ultimate either. btw lance is where it's at if you want to kill Plesioth fast. The lance charge works really well underwater.
I'm normally a greatsword player but i'm also loving the dual blades. I can actually kill off Lagombi much faster with them compared to the greatsword, and the status effects are a plus.
Terenigma, servers for tri are getting shut down in April. you'll still have offline coop though.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is having trouble with the camera. I find the lock on to work pretty damn well, and the psp versions didn't have that either but I had no problem. With the circle pad pro I'm sure it will be better though, although I am not having a problem with using the digital pad on the bottom screen. But again I'm sure it will be much easier with the circle pad pro, the wiiu version definitely has better camera controls. maybe I'm just used to it or something but I don't find the camera to be hard to use at all. Underwater I agree, it's definitely much more difficult on both systems. I never got used to it in tri and probably won't get used to it in ultimate either. btw lance is where it's at if you want to kill Plesioth fast. The lance charge works really well underwater.
I'm normally a greatsword player but i'm also loving the dual blades. I can actually kill off Lagombi much faster with them compared to the greatsword, and the status effects are a plus.
Wait a second, WHAT
There's lock on now?

hahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: Myke

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
it's not a true lock on. It's doesn't stay locked on. You just click L and the camera snaps to face the monster. it doesn't work right away though. there's that little monster icon on the bottom screen, once the monster spots you, that icon changes. You tap that icon with your finger then the lock on feature is active. you can always choose not to use it, but again it's not a true lock on, just an easier way to face the camera towards the monster you are trying to kill. More like a "snap camera to face monster" than a "lock on to monster and strafe to constantly face it" like lockons normally work.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's cool then. And I think I accidentally touched that while playing around earlier but didn't realize how it worked.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Apbb3BD.jpg

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i knew about tri going offline, still has co-op tho so its not completely dead for me. Also yes, the dual blades + paralyze = win. I dont remember them being this good before tho, did they get mega buffed? I also dont know if im just outta practise but i suck using my usual main (long sword)

Reactions: Myke

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i knew about tri going offline, still has co-op tho so its not completely dead for me. Also yes, the dual blades + paralyze = win. I dont remember them being this good before tho, did they get mega buffed? I also dont know if im just outta practise but i suck using my usual main (long sword)

Well the rabbit monster was like the second major monster in MHP3 so that could be it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-